Is my tag ready for the big time?

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

advice

if i were you, I'd just tell girls that your a rebel that writes the graffiti to impress them, and later get into their panties. Its true, you may actually have to show them one of your pieces. This is where the internet comes in. find a decent writer and then collect a few flicks of theirs. Next email those flicks to your new internet hottie you found in an aol chatroom. ask her to meet. she might ask you to draw her name all pretty, dont sweat it. this isnt really a problem at all. all you have to do is admit the truth to her. by this time you should have already fucked her anyways so you have nothing to loose.

now if you choose not to use the first part of my advice, heres some more.

make your tag simpler. loose the bubbles, arrows, fades, whatever. keep it down to just the letters, dont try connections, dont try extensions, KEEP IT SIMPLE. right now your letters arnt working together. your focusing on how each letter looks versus how the final tag flows.

Okay then...I took the time to read over everyone's feedback and i now know what to do.

1.Get better and then come back

2.Never use lame terms like "big time"

3.Until you're good, you're hated, deal with it (check)

4.Tyler is still a prick

5.No one can accuratley guess how old i am

But seriously, thanks to all the folks that took the time to leave honest if not blunt criticism. Thank you for the scorching intro to the world of online graffiti.

Originally posted by LENS

I've been tagging on and off for a few years but only recently started getting serious about it. I wanted to hold off until my tags looked clean enough before getting up. I just wanted some feedback.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d739b3127cce8efc2e6665b20000001610'>

sorry but the actual letters in your tag are wack. drop all that other shit and sort out the basics.

damn I dont know why people get so crazy. This guy is better than alot of people that show up on here! He's better than Virs in my mind and that kid is some kind of judge in these paper battles your having. Lens has some confidence in his strokes and isn't tracing some dude's shit.

He just has to get it to flow. I actually think the "S" on the Lens tag is nice. He's no god obviously and came here for help.

The first thing you could easily fix is not having the top of E overlap the L. This makes the L appear to be a C. Also, keep the height of the letters basically the same, or slowly get bigger incrementally from left to right. And it's nice, but not necessary, to have each letter connect to the next one. Individually though your letters are nice. That B is golden.

No one can accuratley guess how old i am

28?

Originally posted by onesecondple

to prove you dont care, i think it would have conveyed your message much better had you not wasted time and posted, because, in writing that paragraph, you showed that you do care

Yea, i think its a little bitchy to make fun of the words he chose to use. Im not the one whining about how said the word 'tag', you are. I dont care what he says, im just pointing out that it's stupid of you to complain about that when there are bigger issues. I may have gotten off on tangent in the last post, but what i was really trying to say was GROW UP. Im sure you understand.

its not as bad as everybody is thinking its a much for a tag, but as u said thats only for black books, u just need to work on ur letter flow, id take spikes advice, just write it out a shit load of times a day, u do have decent letters in there aswell, ur L is nice aswell with ur S, and im lovin the B, try to keep ur letetrs to strokes to a minimal, im not saying try and pull it off in one stroke, if u can great, but a su were saying, graff writers arent the nicest ppl, sure some are chill, but others can be pricks, thats just life... and i say ur 17..

Originally posted by Scrabble

Yea, i think its a little bitchy to make fun of the words he chose to use. Im not the one whining about how said the word 'tag', you are. I dont care what he says, im just pointing out that it's stupid of you to complain about that when there are bigger issues. I may have gotten off on tangent in the last post, but what i was really trying to say was GROW UP. Im sure you understand.

well, as the TAGGING reply was just as joke, i do understand, you seemed to not get it, but i was just jokin, its all cool though, i dont really care one way or the other

but like i said, everything cool,

Originally posted by Scrabble

well, as the TAGGING reply was just as joke, i do understand, you seemed to not get it, but i was just jokin, its all cool though, i dont really care one way or the other

Oh, Swiss cheese guessed more or less correctly. While not 28, i turned 27 recently. I've been photographing graffiti for years and although i've been dabbling in graffiti for just as long, only recently did i get serious about it.

Thanks for all the advice people. My moniker thanks you for it. I'll post again when i start improving.

Re: Re: Is my tag ready for the big time?

Originally posted by skrib139

sorry but the actual letters in your tag are wack. drop all that other shit and sort out the basics.

there is a format for handstyle letters?

hell my handstyles suck..but i couldnt give a shit , as long as its up

Originally posted by onesecondple

joke? I guess that means your off the hook then scooter...i dont want to see that kind of tomfoolery again, ya hear? ahem...:cool:

Archived