Diet and Nutrition Superthread

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Not sure if theres a thread of this nature in circulation so here it is.

Who here actually cares what they eat and drink? Additionally is anyone on a regular exercise routine. I started about a month and a half ago and now go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Haven't eaten meat in 3 weeks but have consumed more chicken and seafood in the latter than in my life. The only liquid i consume for the most part is h2o and at times unsweet iced tea AND I FEEL GREAT. im up @ 4 am everyday and feel healthier, stronger than ever. Im aware that with Dr. Phil good or whoever his name is and Oprah everyone and their mother is trying to either lose weight or watch what they eat. Personally im doing it for the long run. anyone out there doing this? Last question. What is your body fat% at?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

word, me too. i've kind of made it my lifetime pursuit lately. not really a nazi about it, but taking traditional recipes and substituting for what is substitutable, without losing flavor. cutting out unnecessary fat, and removing saturated fat, trans fat, are big parts of my intent. i lose some of that fat goodness, but i don't think it comprimises the integrity of what i eat. i work out on the regular, but i drink often enough to cancel out some of it. i really should keep record of my intake better, but i'm not really overweight or anything so it's not a big issue short term. my body fat is probably in the 12-15% range, maybe less, i don't know. the biggest change i'm making lately is stretching my meat calories (chicken, seafood, too) and using lots more veggies. i think i eat like 1/4-1/3 total amount from meat.

lift weights, work out, run. it's that easy, you'll eat more, but you'll lose weight because you will want to eat because of hunger not because it's something to do, you're muscle/fat ratio will increase, you're metabolism will go up, and you will lose weight. easy, pezy, i guarantee you a happier fitter self, with a two month money back refund.

I have lost 10+ pounds in the past month and a half simply by watching what i was eating using this method recommended by a friend:

" There are two main lists: an A list and a B list. The idea is to begin choosing foods from the A list as often as possible and to begin reducing foods on the B list as much as possible. and watch the C list carefully. Not only will you lose unwanted fat, you will probably find that you feel better than you have in years. "

A-LIST (its a few pages)

B LIST

C LIST

that and some exercise..i have even been pretty lazy with that.

it was simple,,, and it worked. and i still drank alot of beer!!!!

Guest WebsterUno

GBM!! whats crackin!

Ive been trying to maintain a healthy

lifestyle recently. I dont want to die at a young age.

So, I started eating healthy, and riding a bike.

That plus this...

http://www.herbalife.com/hl/templates/temp...alife/index.jsp

Im feeling good too.

I have mroe energy, and I feel damn good.

Im still not a morning person, but I dont think

Ill ever be considering my nightly routines. ;)

How ya been fucker? I asked Gnes about

you the other day...you guys have been M.I.A lately.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

I watch my calorie, carb, fat and everything else intake. I was a boozer at one point, never an alcoholic but i could hold my own. Its been about a month for me without booze. I never eat fast food, never have so thats a bonus. Ive increased my cardio by like a bazillion% and i have lost about 10lbs within the last week. Off to a very good start.

I have to get up at 4 Am toget to work on time as i take mass transit. its really not that bad becasue as it is im a morning person.

Before you start lifting all those weights. if you want to downsize, up the cardio amount(running, Jogging, dancing). Eat about two hours before you get in the gym. Instead of eating 3 HUGE meals eat 6 or 7 small meals so that your boday can digest it properly. the small meal should be kept at the 300 calorie range. Of course moderate the carbs fats, trans fats and what not. EAT LOTS OF VEGGIES!

Im in the gym about 1.5-2 hours a day 3 or 4 timesa week now. Am i a Gym Rat? hahhaha

Nobody you have to work at it. Keep up with it. the hardest part is to begin then you want to get in the gym and do some work. Remember the more you sweat the better. O and dont forget your waterbottle it will be your best friend.

Hey Web where you been... i still have same email and same sn. contact me there or through my email on here...

I never really lived the healthiest of lifestyles, but I played soccer at the top level until I was 17 so I kept the weight off. Since I stopped playing I've put on a lot of weight, and it's only recently that I've tried to lose it again. I drink as much water as I can, no pop (or "so-dah"), and no snacking inbetween meals, which was always my problem. Eat healthy meals, and try to jog every day. This week I've kinda slacked off because I've been sick, but I think I've already lost about 5 pounds, so it's a decent start. I should probably point out that I am by no means huge, I'm at about 185 now, I want to get back down to about 165-170, which is where I was before.....

A side note, one of the other motivators for me to exercise is becasue I saw my dad have a heart attack about a year ago. He isn't fat, but the attack was caused by a blood clot in his arteries, which was caused by cholesterol build up, which means that it could happen to anyone. The only way to prevent this, besides cutting back on cholesterol, is to regularly do cardio. I really fear for my brother, he's skinny as a twig but puts rediculous amounts of salt on his meals, eats super spicy foods and junk food all the time, and drinks about 3 cans of coke a day. Plus I don't think I've seen him exercise a day in his life. He's 18 and already getting chest pains on the reg.....

I have to watch what I eat... now.

I never really was a big fast food eater. Though I do have a mouth full of sweet teeth. More chocolate please! Though as of four days ago... my whole world has been turned upside down.

For a few years I've been going through agony with food. I'd feel like shit if I ate a handfull of crackers or if I ate a three course meal. Either way, I ate because I was hungry. About a year ago I brought this up with my doctor so we've been doing all kinds of tests to find out what could be causing such a problem. Come to find out that I have a high allergic reation to gluten and wheat. Which, as a competitive cyclist, is a staple in my diet. Breads and pastas are things I've been living off of for years. Diagnosed as a high level Celiac Sprue has really turned everything around as far as food goes. If you look into it... gluten and wheat is in just about everything except vegetables and rice. That of course is an exaggeration, and there are tons of gluten free products out there but when you're used to eating a certain way... this is big time. Next week I have to see a dietician to get on a meal plan and get ingredient and food lists of things to avoid when eating. It's only been a few days since I stopped eating such foods and my body isn't reacting kindly, which I guess is normal. I already miss my daily huge bowl Raisin Bran...

Guest WebsterUno

mmmmm...raisin bran!

That sux man, I feel you on changing

up things on the fly. Im a big boy!

Its hard because most places around here

are all fast foods. It wasnt really too hard.

I felt better after eating a nice turkey and

cheese sandwich, instead of a triple cheese

burger with a side of fries. I also put take in

alot of berries. Berries are one of the best

anti-oxidants out there. Pomigranites being

the best. There is a pomagranite juice out there,

its freakin GOOD!! Anyway, Ive been trying to

find many ways to eat more fruits and veggies.

Its not that hard, once you get into the swing of things.

Plus, your body will feel better. Mine does.

Eating healthy seems like a chore for some people,

but I think its because weve become so used

to getting it in less than 5 mins...ya know.

Ill be hitting you up GBM, long time no talk!

good thread!

ive been going through some pretty serious medical problems recently. so health and nutrition have been a huge factor in my life. in fact, its what im turning to to avoid some really aggressive meds and i dont want to take. ive learned to not overeat, as this is a problem that a lot of people have and dont really think about. ill have to post more later as im really tired and dont feel like getting into crazy details, but i got a really dope recepie today that ill post later.if it works out.

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Originally posted by Joker

I have to watch what I eat... now.

I never really was a big fast food eater. Though I do have a mouth full of sweet teeth. More chocolate please! Though as of four days ago... my whole world has been turned upside down.

For a few years I've been going through agony with food. I'd feel like shit if I ate a handfull of crackers or if I ate a three course meal. Either way, I ate because I was hungry. About a year ago I brought this up with my doctor so we've been doing all kinds of tests to find out what could be causing such a problem. Come to find out that I have a high allergic reation to gluten and wheat. Which, as a competitive cyclist, is a staple in my diet. Breads and pastas are things I've been living off of for years. Diagnosed as a high level Celiac Sprue has really turned everything around as far as food goes. If you look into it... gluten and wheat is in just about everything except vegetables and rice. That of course is an exaggeration, and there are tons of gluten free products out there but when you're used to eating a certain way... this is big time. Next week I have to see a dietician to get on a meal plan and get ingredient and food lists of things to avoid when eating. It's only been a few days since I stopped eating such foods and my body isn't reacting kindly, which I guess is normal. I already miss my daily huge bowl Raisin Bran...

it saddens to hear this. hope everything turns for the better. i have a friend who is going to an accupuncturist and has cured him of alot of allergies. maybe that would be an alternative form of returning you to your previous diet. i thought it was bogus at first but for him it really works. ive always wanted to get into competitve cycling but no one to teach me anything. volunteers? does anyone eat whole bran, not proccessed?

Originally posted by Ginger Bread Man

Who here actually cares what they eat and drink? Additionally is anyone on a regular exercise routine. I started about a month and a half ago and now go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Haven't eaten meat in 3 weeks but have consumed more chicken and seafood in the latter than in my life. The only liquid i consume for the most part is h2o and at times unsweet iced tea AND I FEEL GREAT. im up @ 4 am everyday and feel healthier, stronger than ever. Im aware that with Dr. Phil good or whoever his name is and Oprah everyone and their mother is trying to either lose weight or watch what they eat. Personally im doing it for the long run. anyone out there doing this? Last question. What is your body fat% at?

so this is a vegetarian thread?

Originally posted by Ginger Bread Man

yup. my exercise routine is: work a job that requires you to be on your feet. sit down in your SPARE TIME. fuck a computer at work. I work at home... do chores for free. chores for your family. that is free exercise. NO GYM OR PERSONAL TRAINER REQUIRED. my body fat has held steady for the last 7 years at 10-11%. and that's without even checking really. the last time I got a "number" to tell me how fat I was I stopped relying on numbers.

Originally posted by Pinup

as for excercise,i do 50 push ups every 2 days.... and i have to force myself to turn that into two days out of three.....

I try to do 100 every day, try being the operative word. I think I'm kidding myself though. I mean, don't you have to do like 500 for it to have any impact?

Archived