beardo's dreamweaver help thread

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if your looking to display photo's try writing (or installing if it's beyond your skillset) a script that'll allow for a more dynamic approach to displaying photos.

ColdFusion would be easiest, but you'd need a hostinga ccount with ColdFusion.

PHP is a good choice, if you take the time to learn a little about it:

http://www.php.net

Here's some good prewritten scripts for the task:

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_...ries/index.html

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

raven. you are amazingly intellectual and a brilliant man. even though I know you solely through your internet creation, I know you well.

bravo. and props from anyone who knows anything about the internet.

thansk for the kind words. not sure i deserve them.

This is a very subjective question. However in general, web application development languages are considered to be ordered as the following from easiest to difficult:

1. ColdFusion

2. ASP

3. JSP

4. PHP

5. CGI

If I'm not mistaken this is due to the fact that PHP is the only language that's not truly object oriented (though they're making strides to introduce objects), and also happens to be the only non-proprietary language meaning it's maintained and evolved through the open source community and is subject to the pitfalls of having thousands of unrelated or directed people contributing to it.

CGI really shouldn't be in the list since it's not a development language unto itself and can be developed in several languages (though Perl is most common), but I figured I'd include it since it's often used for scripting. However, it's pretty unsuitable for web applications, particulalrly in enterprise environments.

im on ravens side on this, however i preffer php, hands down. But coldfusion and the others have better documentation.

But knowing one will help with learnig the others. All my php books suck. But i bet the 1 raven suggested is preety good, im gonna look at it too.

Archived