Jason Is Gay!

sciencemad

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest CrewJones

85% of freight graffiti is no longer visually interesting... I look at it for 2 seconds, and I'm not left with much else... 15% makes me stare and say "damn"... I should step to the plate, or step aside.... And thats what will make, and ALWAYS has made graff progress.... Not a substandard level of of work. Its just my opinion, but honestly... When did it become cool to do a sloppy 15 minute piece? What the hell is American graffiti coming to? This ground has all been covered decades ago... sure its fun, but isnt coming off with a clean, challenging, innovative style fun, as well as self-satisfying??? holler if you hear me....

Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by CrewJones

85% of freight graffiti is no longer visually interesting... I look at it for 2 seconds, and I'm not left with much else... 15% makes me stare and say "damn"... I should step to the plate, or step aside.... And thats what will make, and ALWAYS has made graff progress.... Not a substandard level of of work. Its just my opinion, but honestly... When did it become cool to do a sloppy 15 minute piece? What the hell is American graffiti coming to? This ground has all been covered decades ago... sure its fun, but isnt coming off with a clean, challenging, innovative style fun, as well as self-satisfying??? holler if you hear me....

good luck preaching to the 12oz masses. all they'll do is assault you for having standards and goals. for the record, i'm with you.

shock the house or don't show up at all.

cool , cool fuck what he is doing .do what you do. satisfyoself like you said...... those kids dont last to long any ways.

yeah.

i agree with you 100%

i think about half the threads on here have alot wack shit....

and people talk way to much about some really shitty writers.

but there is alot of people who only post quality pictures/pieces.

such as the UB cru.

man i need to make a thread. i got one comin tonite. give me an hour.

im with you too

Good flicks.

Freight graffiti is different from other graffiti in the sense that your spot is moving when most people see it. Whats the point of doing an elaborate, complicated piece with fine detail when your audience will not be able to fully absorb your message because it is moving? I fully appreciate intricate, complex pieces but think that simples with some flavor and style are the way to go on freights for a few reasons, function: which is it's readablility (recognition), surface: most freights have ridges, grooves and rust which don't make a prime canvas for dropping crisp pieces, and medium: the idea of painting freights are to have them run, thus the thickest, longest lasting paint should be used; rustoleum products usually serve this purpose the best and do not make for the cleanest wildstyle pieces.

Originally posted by You All Rott

Good flicks.

Freight graffiti is different from other graffiti in the sense that your spot is moving when most people see it. Whats the point of doing an elaborate, complicated piece with fine detail when your audience will not be able to fully absorb your message because it is moving? I fully appreciate intricate, complex pieces but think that simples with some flavor and style are the way to go on freights for a few reasons, function: which is it's readablility (recognition), surface: most freights have ridges, grooves and rust which don't make a prime canvas for dropping crisp pieces, and medium: the idea of painting freights are to have them run, thus the thickest, longest lasting paint should be used; rustoleum products usually serve this purpose the best and do not make for the cleanest wildstyle pieces.

Interesting.....