NEW JERSEY WRITER SPOTLIGHT #1 : XIDE

retard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't get to see enough of racerX

been holding shit down like a boulder on a midget

always pops off with a solid color scheme

and sick styles to-boot

strictly filootin

Without a doubt I would have to say that Xide is one of the great kings of Jersey, but also the most underrated writer in the state. Why? Because he never sucked dick to get down like _____, and _____, ect. did. Never sent a flick to a magazine, doesn't give a fuck about trendy graff events in the state and used to bomb hard under anothere name "SK". He always painted because he truly loved the artform and never cared to much about fame. Others can have the spotlight because the truth speaks for itself: Check out the carrer of this great artist:

-Crushing Jersey before all the present day writers (Rime, Themo, Klas, Chip, Kemos) with the exception of Nace which was Xide's partner in the early 90's.

-Thousands of freights, all neat, unique, with good colrs and original style.

-Train lines for years

-A lot of highway and street bombing to the point where SK's used to dominate Route 1 and 9 all the way up to the airport, and yes he's bombed a lot of streets even doing fill ins and tags on the main streets of urban New Jersey.

-lack of legal walls but when he's done them they have always been top of the line productions. This is a good quality, cuz theres nothing worst than a writer that can't wait for the next legal zzzzzzzzz, Xide has turned down numerous legals.

-Mad clean trains around the U.S., Canada and Europe including wholecarsss

-and last but not least plenty of drunken marker bombing.

That piece with the orange outline and the face next to it was part of a production done by Xide, Jnub and Eich it was at the intersection of I95 and the Garden State Parkway and was extremely visible from both. Never before or after has a feat been pulled off like this one by ANYBODY.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p50687b9d329b825a057de87b986301bd/fb7acb1e.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p532304f6864ad0433a3404a16d3ef06d/fb67f15d.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p23c06f7424c227ffe7ac74b13b3def8e/fb785360.jpg'>

I stole these from anothere thread. They are all in sevice NJTransits.

By the way, he should personally post some photos because these are nowhere near his best works.

This guys a straight peice of shit for real. I was in Jersey on tour with my boys band right...and I go down to this yard and see this weirdo lacky fuck running around with no top on. No biggie I do a quick stamp and take off......I'm like 4 blocks away eating some ice cream when that guy from the yard walks up and slaps my ice cream cone right outta my hand....yeah that right MY ICE CREAM

Buddy takes off running screaming XIDE FOR EVER......weirdest shit ever so none the less he gets tha dick:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p50687b9d329b825a057de87b986301bd/fb7acb1e.jpg'>

^^^ fuck yeah. man i gotta give the dude some more credit....before a few years ago, i never really knew much about Xide, except to see a fr8 train or two now and then....then in the last few years, ive been lucky enough to paint with this guy and pretty much get a first hand lesson on a whole new facet of graff that i really wasnt down with. without getting into needless details here, lets just say XIDE is doing more work than hundreds of writers who are getting cheap fame off legal events and magazine nepotism. he took time out of his day to school me on techniques that enabled me to upgrade my resume significantly..and for that im forever indebted to the dude. if theres any justice in this sport...at the end of the day, when its all tallied up, this cat is way ahead of the pack. respect.

Originally posted by Frate Raper

This guys a straight peice of shit for real. I was in Jersey on tour with my boys band right...and I go down to this yard and see this weirdo lacky fuck running around with no top on. No biggie I do a quick stamp and take off......I'm like 4 blocks away eating some ice cream when that guy from the yard walks up and slaps my ice cream cone right outta my hand....yeah that right MY ICE CREAM

Buddy takes off running screaming XIDE FOR EVER......weirdest shit ever so none the less he gets tha dick:D

thats some funny ass shit! on the serious tip though, kid drops it like a hot potatoe.:idea: props

Awesome that heads are showing respect this guy deserves...

I have searched for flicks on this guy but the two other sites that have flicks are fucking geocities and i cant post the flicks here..

anyway props to xide Im glad so many other cats appreciate this guys work like i have...

off to start the next "NJ WRITER SPOTLIGHT THREAD".

unless you know dude, you can appreciate but you'll never really 'understand'. and actually, even if you know him, you still wont really understand, but you'll have a shit load of hillarious stories to pass down to your grandchildren.

really though, i paint because of people like him, and the rest of his crew.

one of the coolest people ive ever met through writing.

RACE GAS!

I'm walking up the NJ transit line down by my hood one night with this girl. We run into these two dudes waiting around at the station... looking suspicious. Words are exchanged. The girl gets bored and she leaves.

Southbound train comes down and there's this CTA/ EYE panel on the last car. Fucking sick. The two dudes in question snap away photos and leave listening to Turbonegro.

Big bump for Xide and Eye, it was ill.

Originally posted by The Beyond

I'm walking up the NJ transit line down by my hood one night with this girl. We run into these two dudes waiting around at the station... looking suspicious. Words are exchanged. The girl gets bored and she leaves.

Southbound train comes down and there's this CTA/ EYE panel on the last car. Fucking sick. The two dudes in question snap away photos and leave listening to Turbonegro.

Big bump for Xide and Eye, it was ill.

great story, i love suspicious characters.

Archived