enough with the hippies already!

RumPuncher

KaBar hit the nail on the head. hippies made great advances and showed the idea of power to the people works, when we band our ideas into action espically in large numbers.

fast forward 30 some years .... you still have kids trying to embrace this culture that occured so long ago. OK great ... they put forth wonderful ideas and good ways of living in many respects. what i see that makes me dislike many modern hippies today is the fact its mostly an image thing. within our culture we are often defined by how we appear. we learn to strive to be original and diffrent than one another so when people choose to be gothic to be on the fringe no suprise, but hippies ?? It just seems so wrong to emulate the image of a culture that had so many strong and bold ideas and not strive to further the movment or do so in a cultural climate not acceptaing of change(like today). to me the world we are in is on the oppisite side of the swing from the days of the 60's and 70's. its cool to conform and be just what people expect you to be, looking at whats brewing in pop culture now scares the fuck out of me. marketing thong underware to 9 year olds when they are looking at brittany spears, and the like, as role models. yikes.

Fuck False Hippies !!!! well for that matter Fuck False Anything !!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by LENS

Girl bitches at Jeff, calling him a facist and "animal mixer" (wtf?!?). Stomps off.

Man, i've never seen a vegan get so mad. They are about the most humorless individuals on the face of the planet. Vegan girls have about as much sexuality as a styrofoam cooler.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

animal mixer...:D

Vegan girls have about as much sexuality as a styrofoam cooler.

I'd have to disagree with that.

Well from my very limited experience with vegan girls.

(ok.. just one. but she was super hot and did nude modeling)

1964 Dodge Power Wagon U.S. Army Ambulance

Once I answered an ad in the L.A. Times to buy a 1964 Dodge Power Wagon U.S. Army ambulance. I was in the Marines, I thought it would be cool to own an old 4x4 "MASH" style ambulance.

I drove up to Colton with my girlfriend to check it out. IT WAS GREAT. The original olive-drab paint was still on it. All original engine and drive train (a lot of them got converted to a diesel or a V-8, because that model "straight six" 6-cylinder Dodge engine was kind of gutless.) The interior on those old ambulances was originally painted white (hospital white) but this one had a WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLY DETAILED HIPPIE MURAL painted in day-glo colors all over the stretcher bay in the back. The seller told me that he and his wife had bought it from this old gray-haired hippie in the mountains of Northern California, and the guy had lived in it for years. His only request was that they swear they would not paint over his mural, and that they require any future purchaser to swear that they also would not paint over it.

I was more than willing to agree, but who in hell would be soulless enough to paint over something so unique and beautiful? It had thousands of intricate little black-light designs that completely covered everything in the back--walls and ceiling. It must have taken literally, YEARS of work, all done with an incredibly small, fine pointed paint brush.

I wanted to buy it in the worst way, but the price was more than I had to spend, and my girlfriend, with whom I lived, was dead-set against it. She didn't care how groovy it was, it was a fifteen-year-old military surplus relic with bald G.I. tires, a worn engine and rust. Sorry, no sale.

I've regretted it ever since. I wonder who has it now? Wish it was me.

food tastes shitty, the population is reaching an unsustainable level, people are more wasteful than ever, and mainstream everything sucks. i'm pretty sure of one thing, it's not hippies who caused it. and just because a person looks (or smells) a certain way doesn't make them anything. i know one thing, most people are confused, and nobody knows everything.

^ well 'Staustin'... looks like your just going to have to live with it.

I suppose you could try littering infront of them.

I always pocket my garbage untill I find a trashcan,

but I'd be willing to let a few pieces of paper or the wraper

from a pack of smokes hit the floor if it would bother a hippy.

(but I'd pick it up later when they were of saving whales)

So here's yet another damn hippy story...

My friend and I were at a birthday party and we thought it would

be really fun to huff hellium ballons and freestly like Quasimoto.

After a few rounds this girl walks up all stinking of patcholi and roasted

banana peels and she insists on knocking on a drum next to us.

We she entirely fucked the flow and I think she realised that, so she

goes on full 'hippy-damage-control' and starts telling us both just how

poetic we are. My friend was laughing because he got to watch me hold

back to keep from hurting this hippy's feelings. damn manners!

Archived