J-Treds

Mike Ladd feat El-P

Petestrumentals

this new All Natural 12'

Aesop Rock

Skitsophrenik(from Boston

old Scientifik

Originally posted by GorbortOrman

how can you listen to a 12 inch when you dont even own a record player...?

actually, he said he's listening to a 12 foot

' = foot

" = inch

not being a dick

i found it funny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fr8lover

HAL, in my opinion appleseed cast was the sleeper of that show, they have some good songs to sit in my room and listen to, but they really arent any better live than on a cd. and ill be damned if their drummers stupid ass expressions every 5 seconds didnt make me want to look the other way while the band was playing!

GUK was great, great lighting and everything, but anniversary stole the night they rocked out, and i think ive found out who i will marry and have a family with, their keyboardist is on fire!

Originally posted by mental invalid

"sam prekop" - cipher

HELL YEAH!!! and sea and cake, and ofcourse some tortoise...i got put onto that group of bands like two years ago....so smooth....that funky chicago sounds.....good shit....r.

geeze, didnt know there were other fans out there. and tortoise, man.

"Barely Legal/All Ages is playing right now. I had the new Six Ways ep in for a week straight on repeat before that.

The get up kids failed to impress me this weekend, but it was great to see Appleseed Cast."- HAL

GUK have been slippin'. Appleseed Cast??? geeze, great taste dude, really.

edited to mention anniversarry kills it.

garrison - a mile in cold water

tool - aenima

aphex twin - drukqs

beastie boys - licensed to ill

benumb - soul of the matyr

atari teenage riot - 60 second wipeout

nine inch nails - things falling apart

shizuo - shizuo vs. the shizor

luddite clone - the arsonist and the archeitect

hypocrite - into the halls of the blind

bomb20 - field manual

TAKE A SHIT IN YOUR PURSE

Guest GorbortOrman
Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

actually, he said he's listening to a 12 foot

' = foot

" = inch

not being a dick

i found it funny

damn. good call... hehehe

My stuff lately has been......

311.....just copped the ESTD2 video and bonus cd. The Cd is amazing......i wish the instrumentals were made into songs. They keep impressing me.

Incubus- of course

DIECAST

STretch Arm Strong

Slayer

Poison The WEll

Moby

A perfect Circle

and last but not least.........I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins alot.Especially their sappy love songs...........i don't know why haha.

Originally posted by fr8lover

HAL, in my opinion appleseed cast was the sleeper of that show, they have some good songs to sit in my room and listen to, but they really arent any better live than on a cd. and ill be damned if their drummers stupid ass expressions every 5 seconds didnt make me want to look the other way while the band was playing!

GUK was great, great lighting and everything, but anniversary stole the night they rocked out, and i think ive found out who i will marry and have a family with, their keyboardist is on fire!

I don't know, dude. I guess it's just not my scene. It sounded kinda cool, but it's like pop music. Since when did the get up kids become a rock act? Fucking lights and shit. It was kinda lame ass. I like the Anniversary, but the rock star shit puts me off bigtime. Dumb ass emo boy outfits and shit. And the lights all flashing and gaying out made me feel like I was at the Ozzy concert next door.

Not to be a dick or anything. I'm sure they're cool guys and whatnot, but the music is all pop sounding to me now and they didn't even play any of the good songs I like. I just felt like they took my money and ran with it, and Appleseed Cast got it back for me.

I don't know what I was seeing for Appleseed Cast that you missed, but that shit was 100% raw emotion. Some real feeling behind it, which is what the music is all about. I don't have one of those emo boy man purses with the patches stuck on it, so maybe something's flying right by me.

*Sorry man. I'm not judging you or your musical taste. I read what I wrote and it came off all wrong. I was just real disgusted by all the scenester shit and how rock and roll the Get Up Kids seem now. I'm not into rockstar shit. The music is cool to listen to at home, but something got lost in the translation between the album and the live act to me. I've seen them before, and it was a decent show, but the last few times have been bad. I wouldn't have gone if Appleseed Cast wasn't playing. I don't know why they book bands like that together.

Jane's Addiction- Kettle Whistle

Descendents- Somery (My boyfriend teases me for liking them. Ben, if you're reading this, whatever EMO KING!):P

The Strokes- Is This It (My friend told me to buy this album before I die. So I did).

The new Britney Spears album... whaaaaaaaaa??

Guest fr8lover

appleseed cast put emotion into their music, but its a live act and they may as well have played their cd on stage without them there. i went home and downloaded some of their stuff and i like it, but they were not a very good live band.

for the get up kids and the anniversary this was a welcome home show, and as a local crowd we gave them so much more than we would have. guk played some new shit and it was good, and their old stuff (especially stuff from "something to write home about" was amazing live). i had never even heard an anniversary song before the show and i loved their set. the guys played their hearts out, though i agree the half black crowes half emofag outfit was stupid but it didnt take away from their music...they play good music that gets a crowd going which goes back to why the appleseed cast is not a good live band.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fr8lover

what are you listening to part 101

piebald "american hearts" thanks harpo!

mammas and pappas "california dreaming"

led zep "tangerine"

avalanches "frontier psychiatrist"

the anniversary "the heart is a lonely hunter"

lynard skynard "that smell"

squarepusher "a journey to reedham"

aphex twin "tamphex"

hopesfall "in reflection"