im buying a ducati

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

haha, poor nacho.

yeah that was a little extreme, but you get my drift. i mean i don't really want to die, i just want to go really fucking fast on a momo cycle and waste my loan money....

Guest HESHIANDET

DAMN! don't say that shit. i miss that fuggin place so damn much! you guys rule. holla at everyone for me. i'll be out w/ the lil lady soon enough...

A couple months ago i was on vacation and we saw a bike laying on its side and the whole street was closed off, which is a bad sign. So on the news the next day we learn that there were 2 people on the bike and they tried to do a wheelie off the stop light, i guess the person on the back threw off the balanace and they hit the trafic in the other lane. Killed the driver, passenger was in serious condition.

If you make a mistake on a motorcycle. . .

You can get away with a fuck-up or two in a car, if you aren't travelling too fast. I've seen some hellacious wrecks where the car was completely totalled, but the passengers who were wearing seat belts and protected by air bags survived.

I've also seen some where they were DOA, sitting there in their seat belts, deader than a canned mackeral.

But if you fuck up on a motorcycle, you are going to pay a big ass price. I have a number of friends who died on their scooters. You also can very easily wind up paralyzed, brain damaged, an amputee and so forth. Your passenger is at tremendous risk, greater than the driver.

Number One Killer is the "left-hand cager turn." This is when some FUCKING IDIOT driving a car turns left in front of an oncoming motorcycle, leaving the biker no place to go. If the biker goes left, he is heading into oncoming traffic (usually,) and of course, if he goes right, he is going to T-bone the passenger-side door. This mindless, careless, don't-give-a-shit kind of automobile driving has killed many, many bikers.

I've seen people do some incredibly stupid things on motorcycles, so it's not only the cagers that are at fault. The biggest problem is the motorcycle riders that are a.) under 18, b.) unlicensed, c.) uninsured, and d.) have less than 10,000 miles experience.

If you survive the first 5,000 miles, your chances improve. If you attend and pass the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider's Course, your chances are vastly improved. For Christ's sake, WEAR A HELMET, long trousers, a leather jacket, gloves and good boots. Every time I see some idiot rolling down the freeway dressed like he's going swimming, I just cringe. If he even has a flat, he is FUCKED.

Archived