im buying a ducati

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its a waste of money. and if you live in the u.s. the repair is going to cost you so much. just my opinion. id get a gsxr persoanlly. alot cheaper and alot cheaper to repair. cant you buy a car for the price of a ducatti.

oh yeah plus the new ones are ugly as hell.

The new R1's are out...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/mcy/500/04_R1_tail2_1734.jpg'>

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/mcy/500/04R1_red_5_1734.jpg'>

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/mcy/500/04R1_SLV_4_1734.jpg'>

But yeah, a Ducati is a much finer machine than any of the stock Japanese bikes. Absolutely fucking beautiful, congrats.

PS What kind are you getting?

Guest HESHIANDET

01 monster s4

not that expensive really. i mean its the price of a NEW cbr but whatever its a fucking italian piece of beautiful engineering. plus it sounds so fucking ill. ANNND my boy is a ferrari mechanic whos' shop also restores old ducattis and motoguzzis. im straight on labor and shit.....

^^^Very cool looking motorcycle

It's weird how things change. When I was a kid, the hot-shit motorcycle was Harley, and older bikers rode Indians. By the time I was in high-school, the hot shit motorcycles were like Norton 650 Commando, and the Triumph Trident. Harleys were considered to be too slow. The real comers were the flat-four Hondas, but only the road racers gave them much credit. I had a buddy that had a Honda CB450 in the '70s. It ran pretty strong. Dirt squirters were hot shit too--especially Yamahas and Kawasakis. In the '70s-'80s everybody loved the KZ 750 and the KZ1000.

The only motorcycle I really enjoy riding anymore is a Harley. Nice and slow, maybe 60 on a rural road with no traffic. I have an RN buddy that works in the Emergency Department here in Houston. He says the rice-grinder pilots come in in pieces. No thanks. I have no desire to live life as a vegetable.

HESH is my new hero - that's one helluva fuckin beautiful bike.

Trying to decided between these two:

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/yam-fzr600-91-bikepics-05654.jpg'>

or

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/suz-gsxr600-01-bikepics-04542.jpg'>

Obviousl the Suzooker would cost a fuckload more, but i still love the look of the yamy600...

Decisions, decisions. :o

Depends on what you think motorcycles are for

Harley-Davidsons use technology that dates from the mid-1930's. Even the new "Evolution" engines that run 15% stronger because of better, high-angle, hi-flo, stainless valves and aluminum cylinders are just improvements on an idea that was cutting-edge WAY before World War II. The V-Twin, 45 degree engine, with knife-and-fork piston rods running on a single journal, with "splash" oiling and a camshaft-driven pump for the top end was hot shit---in 1936. The V-Twin concept was straight off the fighter plane design boards---back when fighters were prop driven and had ROTARY-CYLINDER ENGINES like the Curtiss-Wright Cyclone. The V-Twin was, essentially, one little "wedge" of an entire rotary aircraft engine. They were BAD ASS MOTORCYCLES...in 1936. Nothing could catch them.

But by 1945, the piston-driven, prop fighters that existed were supercharged V-12s and V-16s like the Allison or the Rolls-Royce. Rotary engine planes were as outdated as the horse cavalry. Jet fighter planes had been introduced during WWII by Nazi Germany, and by 1950, propellor-driven fighters were considered an anachronism. The mighty P-51 Mustang, the "Cadillac of the Skies" was too old, too expensive to maintain, and too slow for even Third World air forces. Civilians bought them up all over the world, and combat vet pilots raced them in air races in Nevada.

Do you want to go fast as a motherfucker? 150? 200? Buy a Japanese superbike rice grinder. They will completely outrun any Harley, even supercharged, nitrous-burning Harley dragsters, right out of the box.

But you know what? In 1985, I rolled into a rest area in the Oregon mountains on a not-too-pretty '70 Harley FL. There were six of us, all on Harleys. The place was packed with fast-ass Japanese bikes. Everybody turned his head and watched us roll through. I got to thinking, later: all those guys (and girls) were motorcyclists. They knew the score. They knew that the scooters we were riding were slower, outdated, requires-more-maintenance V-Twins. But they watched us roll through anyway.

When we parked (to go take a piss) we had several girls dressed in full biker-chick leathers come over to talk, to flirt, to admire the bikes. I was sort of amused watching it all, and an older guy riding with us walked by me an remarked "There's only two kinds of bikers--them that rides a Harley, and them that wishes he rode a Harley."

That statement is clearly not true. Plenty of people think that running a rice grinder at 180 mph will impress the girls, or the boys, or whatever, and they don't give a shit about a Harley. But I think that people who ride because they enjoy the brotherhood, the social scene, the "lifestyle", they fit that statement.

My Harley is the only motorcycle I ever owned that caused women to flag me down on the street for a ride. That is pretty cool, I think.

Originally posted by krie

ooo nice

i wish i had the money for a duke

have you seen the new 04 model Yamaha R1 ? id kill for it..

please ask me to kill for it..

I had the pleasure of having one of those puppies spend the night in my garage a week or two ago...

fuck a duke, i'd rather spend the cash on a new R1 they just look hot in all black... fuck yeah

um...Racegas?

i'd get a harley, but thats probably a good investment as well.

But if you want to invest that money, order a new FatBoy or Softtail, the bigger harley bikes are so behind on production that you have to get on a waiting list inorder to get a new one. But the New ones cost less than a used one, so you order one, wait a year, ride it for a few months and sell it for a few grand more than you paid.

Guest uncle-boy

you lucky bastard.

i think i'd op for a suzuki gsxr or one of the new yamaha r-1's or maybe even just an r-6, i dont think i could handle da power.

nevertheless, that ducati is the bees knees.

ride safe!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm not the biggest fan of sport bikes, but I do like naked bikes overall and the Monster is an absolute beauty. That or an older Suzuki SV650 would be my choices for a street bike (don't like the new ones as much). See if you can snag a Chromo version of the Monster... it's fucking unbelievable.

That said, I'd just like to state my opinion on how incredibly overrated Harleys are. Keep in mind that the number one thing you are purchasing when getting a Harley is a brand name and the lifestyle associated with it, not necessarily a better machine than the rest. Oh, and an absolutely badass tailpipe symphony. Performance and technology-wise, metrics are superior bikes than Harleys, not to mention several thousand dollars cheaper (none of them sound as good as a Harley though). Invest in a Honda VTX 1800 or a Yamaha Road Star Warrior and you'll be getting MUCH more bike for your money than a similarly priced Harley.

By the way, there is a category for unbelievably fast cruiser bikes, called Power Cruisers, whose epitome would be the Yamaha V-Max, an older model that is well known for it's ability to spank the crap out of fancy shmancy rice rockets.

heshy you retard! can your skinny body handle a ducati??? that thing is really powerful. just settle for something less powerful?

i want a motorcycle real bad. but i need to take baby steps in what i want to purchase next.

oh guess what i am getting?? i'm setttling for gold fronts next week. i'm a retard.

Guest HESHIANDET

i came to my decision when i started thinking about work and working and the real world. and i got scurred and angry and decided i didn't want any part of it. so i decided to take my extra money from my student loans and buy one of these. notice how the seat only holds one person? thats cause its for me only. and im going to be going really fucking fast and im not going to have insurance or be making paymeents on it. i consider it an active form of suicide.....