Rammellzee and Basquiat inquiry

DREDZ

I just have a quick question, and I didn't want to have to waste space and make a thread about it, but what the hell.

I have been a fan of the artwork of Jean-Michel Basquiat and Rammellzee for quite some time now; and recently I've been trying my damnedest to get my hands on the music that they made. I know that Ramm was an emcee back in the day (he was rapping in "Wildstyle") and I think that he still does the music thing, I heard that he was in a group in the 80's, but I have no idea what the name is, nor do I know the names of any albums; and I heard that Basquiat produced a rap album as well as other pieces of music, but I haven't a clue as to how to find them. I tried searching the web, but I had no luck.

If someone could help me out with some info or something, I would appreciate it.

Squalay!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Gray was a band formed in New York City in 1979. Founding members included Jean-Michel Basquiat, Nick Marion Taylor and Vincent Gallo. The name was a reference to the book, Gray's Anatomy

A part of the thriving downtown music scene that included artists like DNA, Blondie, and Talking Heads, Gray reportedly never recorded but performed live a few times, most notably at the punk hangout the Mudd Club.

As Basquiat rose to fame as a painter and eventually became addicted to heroin, the band naturally got pushed off to the side. This year, recordings of the band finally surfaced and made it into the film Downtown 81. The closest thing to Gray recordings before this was when founding member Nick Marion Taylor contributed a song "Suicide Hotline" to the soundtrack for the film Basquiat that looped sounds from a prank call Basquiat made to a Suicide Hotline in NYC.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=Gray

======================================

Veloso's tropicalista motto, "I refuse to folklorize my underdevelopment," resonates with Basquiat, who played with art-world expectations of black identity by balancing his hip-hop ties with the downtown avant-garde of the no-wave scene. The only professional recording Basquiat ever made with his Mudd Club noise band, Gray, "Drum Mode," appears on the new Anti-NY (Gomma) compilation in two versions: the listless 1984 original that sounds like the inside of a hollow steel pipe and its 2001 remix by Paul Mogg, which puts Basquiat into the same global breakbeat loop that Otto feeds off of.

http://www.sfbg.com/36/20/x_frequencies.html

i dont know....its odd i never look at others artwork/graff and draw from that. but it struck me that alot of the images and symbols basquiat used..and style where almost identical to mine.. kinda sucked cause i thought my shit was original....wich opened my mind to the fact that nobody's shit is original..but just a slight variant ...with exception to a few.

she's mine aaaaallll mine

http://www.deviantcontrol.com/artist/endo/endomandala.jpg'>