Kast - CCD

freeque

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If anyone's got dates for the first load of flicks that would be good, to get some idea of the progression of style.

Any history on the guy would be appreciated as well...

I hear he just disappeared all of a sudden! All sounds very mysterious.

Someone from West London has or had his flick collection, I'm sure of it... if anyone's got any more to post DO IT!

Most of the top ones are from 88-89....

this one

http://www.graffiti.org/dj/tubes/1/large/t16.jpg'>

is from 1986.

He was one of the earliest train writers in London and got up BIG on the big met under a couple of other names, during 86 him and Set3 had virtually every big met between them with dirty stainers running, closely followed by Tilt and Coma and a few others. Some of his tracksides should be shown as well as they put some hall of fame stuff done today to shame.

D O P E.... ^fUCK U WITH YOUR HMMM'Z^ If you don't like then stay away don't go starting shit with a scene u have no idea about...

Back then good paint was hard 2 come by AND GOOD PANELS WERE 2....

diggin the symetrix...

Cold Crush Dukes BUMP A UMPA R.I.P MISE

Originally posted by zeeizm

don't go starting shit with a scene u have no idea about...

Back then good paint was hard 2 come by AND GOOD PANELS WERE 2....

diggin the symetrix...

Cold Crush Dukes BUMP A UMPA R.I.P MISE

I don't know where I read this, but I remember an interview with an oldschool writer where he was describing the scene back then. I think it might have been FUEL...

He was saying how, back in the day, it wasn't just about going to the yard and painting your piece.

Writers these days always cuss the oldschoolers because "back then there was no security to get through", etc.

He was saying how there weren't shops selling Montana. There WAS no Montana... You had to go out and plan a day racking just so you could get the paint to do your piece. You had to constantly be on the lookout for new plots to raise from, even going abroad when instore security in this country got too tight.

You had to raise the cameras to take the flicks (something about the special disposables which had the cost of processing included in the price - so all your flicks were free if you took advantage of the 5-finger discounts available).

It just seems that people have less respect for the days gone by than they should. I just find it incredible that Kast could do a piece on a tube nearly 15 years ago that is better than any legal piece I could hope to do today.

Respect given where it is due... and there is a lot due in this man's case!

Just found out that it was Splat / Charp who used to have all or part of Kast's photo album.

Like "alfred" said on the London Underground thread, in the 80s and early 90s the scene was much more secretive.

He talks about the "air of mystery that writing once had...'so and so did that piece here or there and he got chased and finished it in such and such a yard the next day'...'he had to hang off that pipe with his l.finger to do that or hes 7 foot tall and he can rak 12 bottles of champs with just a shirt on' all that bull shit is good for people to be inspired wether its true or not.

stories and legends are whats needed not the precise documentation of everything that gets done. cant you see that graff dosnt need the technological tools of the system.writing needs to go underground again and tags and pieces need to become unreadable again .confuse the police do shit that baffles them.

That's what the scene is missing today. Everyone knows everyone else, or knows someone who does... You hear about who got busted on MSN messenger and the unofficial court transcripts are available for download on 12oz before the clerk's even had time to type them up!

But then you get people like Kast keeping the rumours alive. Is he dead? Is he living abroad? Who knows....

What I would like to know is if anyone knows what happned to his flicks, cos that would be a wicked collection to have a butchers at...

Archived