The 3D pages.

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wizo, your boxes are better than that 3D attempt of your name.

Ummm... Your 3D isn't bad but the coloring kind of took everything away. The coloring and your letters. It's just the "W" and the "O". Just keep practicing. I think you're heading in the right direction. Work on your 3D and your handstyle. Umm.. Just fuck around with your letters and hopefully you'll get something down.

HERE ARE TWO VERY OLD ATTEMPTS AT 3D. I DON'T WRITE "MELK" ANYMORE. THIS IS NOTHING SERIOUS. JUST FUCKING AROUND WITH SHIT.

Failed Attempt #1.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/longlegs/3d-melk.gif'>

Failed attempt #2.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/longlegs/resised_newdstyle.gif'>

Both pics have been on my computer so I just posted them.

peace!

AMEK

whats up yall, thanks for the input you guys, i appreciate how yall are nice and shit about it, yea im gonna try some more shit, my next one is prolly gonna have some 2 point perspective, i need to work on my coloring skilles with color pencils, or like go rack some different shade prismas, but yea, that positive feedback helpes alot, so thanks..and ill try to get some shit posted in the next few days or whatever....

Originally posted by Fate2*88

Yeah it's the symmetry of it. It's perfect. Haha, it makes me think it's a graffiti butterfly or something.

actually its not perfect if you look real close, and i tried to keep its simple so i can make it symetric, and it almost worked.

hey wizo before you post some more 3D attempts post a few of your 2D letters, you need solid 2D letters to do 3D's, i'm no expert at 3D and far from it, but i have a good understanding of 2D letters and without that my 3D's would look generic (more then they already do). what im saying is you might not tottaly be ready for 3Ds but lets some some 2D work....

Originally posted by abort99

I think I completely fucked the shading on this one, but eh...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00337776f00000020.jpg'>

It's pretty well known that I'm not a fan of the 3D so I feel bad even commenting on it. Though this piece dragged me to the point of posting. Maybe it's the abstract feel and maybe it's the aesthetics, but something made me want to comment. That said...

Abort... yes, you fell short on the shading but all is not lost. You nailed the placement, overall shape and more importantly... that something different feel that 3D is waiting for. Now I don't want to sound like a nerd but I think you should continue to delve into this style of yours. Work it more and work out your shading. You've brought to the table something refreshing, even if there are other writers doing a similar style. There's not enough, that's for sure. Please continue.

the red bar is not a bad idea...if it wasnt a red bar.. something a bit more subtle and controlled might be more fitting

like if you faded it both ways really smooth and consistantly..not a full gradient to the edge but just enough to create a transition.

thats my 2 pesos.

-bobert.

In regards to my last post

Thanks for the input, i really didnt expect much to come out of that one. I Dont want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I really didnt put much time and/ or effort into that one. I got bored in one of my classes, so i went to my car. There I found a ballpoint pen and a scrap piece of canson paper. I started scribbling and ended up with that. I added the colors later. I understand perspective, it's just not understanding me at the moment. But I really do appreciate the feedback, and I thank you once again.

Archived