The 3D pages.

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

antik, the last one is dope, i'd like to take a closer look to see how clean it really is.

Tuo, umm... its all one color, i see the breaks and I can identify what you were trying to do, but i dont see any shades (aside from the penstrokes under the letters) that would define the dept and shadows of where the lighting is coming from.

whut up with them straight letters??

yes it can

Becuase your mind knows where lines should and shouldnt be and if the artisit is on point then all the lines will be in the right place, it basically takes how in 3d you dont draw every line all the time and exaggerating that idea, and i did use black staedtler pens to color in the shade.

graff001.jpg

on this one its all one shade, i see what you're trying to do but again, it only looks 3D because of how its shaped, but there are a lot of inconsistencies with your lines/shapes...

tuo.jpg

for example the red all the way on the right, with out these red lines you would never know that they went there unless ofcourse you used your imagination (like u said) altho you would be able to tell that the shape broke there if there were 2 different shades of green, same with the top of your T. all you see is that little indent that marks the bottom right hand corner of the top of your letter, but again with out darker and lighter color you're not going to be able to tell that that t is actually this... I added a darker green from the regular pc paint program..

tuo2.jpg

im inconsistent with it becuase i want to be (dont get me wrong im not arguing with you at all) but i do that to keep myself entertained cuz its not expected of a 3d artisit not to show every aspect of the drawing, i leave out lines and stray away from shading just to show how powerful the shapes are becuase even though you did the red line thing even you knew where i intended the lines to be. and as for the shading i did it in the pen but i know i could have used a darker green prisma to show the shaded area but again just using the black ink to shade is out of the ordinary i mean its been done before but its not expected. and as for that tangent on the end of the T and on the first O wich is the huge abstract shape the angles and lines either arent completed or lead to dead ends on purpose. if i wanted to do a piece by the book i could but i throw in different things becuase i get bored very easily with doing the same shapes/techniques. i want to challenge myself..and you can tell because no two pieces of mine look exactly the same.

i deff value your input Hecz.

Archived