The 3D pages.

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Re: Re: PAPER CHASE>THE 3D pages.

Originally posted by sect one

haha you're thinking of CJ

:lol: oh shit so you know who im talking about right. he looks just like that dude. i met him in boston. that dude told me he draws to so i just assumed it was him.

hi guys i dont want to start shit, i know this has been said before but goddamn it! it needs to be said again and again until it sinks in.

Noum i remember when u first started posting and were copping heaps of shit for biting... i hated your "N" it was weak as... i see your style has evolved and can appreciate that you do a good job of going out and actually painting but i notice that when your style evolves(for instance ur "M") it is shortly after daim's style has changed... funnily enough the 2 "major" most noticeable changes for me were the fact he started using the letter "E" instead of "A" and his "M"(yes folks im not reading into his pieces too much).

I know u have to start somewhere and biting helps out but u need to use your own imagination to disguise and manipulate what youve bitten to take it in a direction which makes it unrecognisable if u know what i mean. not wilder, just different. YOUR OWN.

i know there are a lot of noum haters out there, and i know you noum cock jocks are gonna start swingin' but seriously he deserves it. Dont look at another daim or totem piece again. The biting can stop if u want it to....

Also i know every1 knows about totems black tips on his works. These are totems trademark. If u use them and some1 says u bite totem its most likely because of these. I have seen awesome sketches a far cry from totem but the black tips they use cause their sketches to look totem"ish". try something different... Im sure if totem can think of such a simple way to improve his sketches SO CAN YOU!!!!

The only up and comming originality im seeing is from nekro2 who looks like he has taken the time 2work his way up from 2d to 3d i dont know if thats the case but good job bro id like to see ur shit painted(double props 4ninja turtles classics are always dope when done well).

anyways im done sorry to single out noum but hes a long time offender and heaps of u guys look up to him so id hate to see graff go down the way of the bite... Theres one other thing that holds noum back, ur shadows lets see some fadingto get that authentic 3d look and in most of ur pieces u dont use different shades of the 1 colour to show a change in lighting.

And just to be a sook... wheres all the freakin' ASKEW???????? HES THE MOTHERFUCKIN SHIZNIZZLE!!!!!!!! check him out...

:king: :king: :king:

thanks for the compliment. with niggas talking shit these props are a change of pace. i do think noum is definitely heading in the right direction now. i dont see much influence in his pieces. any way here is the only painted 3ds i could find. both from 3rd eye event 2003(red) and 2004(white) yeah askew is a beast but check out toasts website. i thinks its atalier.com or net or org or de or some shit. but he is my favorite 3d artist right now

http://www.photodump.com/direct/nekro2/47b4d939b3127cceb22383db5c720000001610.jpg'>

http://www.photodump.com/direct/nekro2/nekro.jpg'>

Re: Re: Re: Re: PAPER CHASE>THE 3D pages.

Originally posted by nekro2ala

:lol: oh shit so you know who im talking about right. he looks just like that dude. i met him in boston. that dude told me he draws to so i just assumed it was him.

haha yeah i just went to one of their practice spots ....that guy talks a lot of shiet

Re: Flipping through some of my favorite FLCL pics...

Originally posted by NOUM

yo noum regardless of what me or anyone else said in the past your on the right track now, keep doing your thing. by the way if you ever seen this dude i thought was you ,you would swear it was you too:lol:

Originally posted by Yellow Feets

It's all nice work but can y'all stop quoting? My computer just had a hard(drive) attack.

Unless it's absolutely nescessary to quote an image, that is on the same page as the one you are posting in... please don't. Reposting images for no real reason is just plain retarded. Especially when you're post has nothing to do with the image!!! Which is what I had to delete five posts of on this page alone!!

Focus children... focus.

Originally posted by WarpOne

-NOUM if you haven't been to ChiTown before, than you should hit it up during CITY VS CITY 4! !

(Get all the info about that at: WWW.CITYVSCITY.COM)

Also how old are you NOUM?

I was wondering if you might know my friend FADAYZ of Losst Unnown?

I'll check it out,i'm 19 My

birthday just passed,the

25th of July.

====================================

http://usera.imagecave.com/breakdancefreak3/noumbattlenoumwhois.jpg'>

I'm from Bpt,ct..."Black port"....

<span style='color:gold'>Something from me and Tuoo3...

http://usera.imagecave.com/breakdancefreak3/Noumtuoo3pointtwo.JPG'>

This red one..i'm not too sure

if I like it..I was up at around 5

in the morning doing some teddy

bear sketches,it was the first piece

I have done with that "style"(Some

might not call it a style) in a few months..

http://usera.imagecave.com/breakdancefreak3/noumonnoumbattle.jpg'> </span>

ok...first off, the values and "light effects" dont match up. second, you dont want to just be another generic 3d graffiti artist, they are a dime a dozen. to take a light blue, and then add 1 or 2 darker blues in the 3-d in an attempt to add value, isnt something that will make your letters stand out. think of it as a sculpture or something made out of clay...this is the same problem i find in noum's work, it is simply a red fill with a red 3d, and a black outline added in some attempt to give it dimension.

no offense, just some friendly advice.

yo type r, thanx for the constructive criticism....thats just what i was lookin for.if im gonna become good at 3-Ds,...im gonna need to know when my shit isnt lookin right or "matchin up" as you put it. and i agree,...there are a handful of 3-D graffiti artists in da game. but come on.....not everyone can make a 2-D piece of paper look like it is poppin out at ya ass. but i do wanna ask you,...what exactly do you mean by think of it as a sculpture? you lost me on that part. but again thanx for da positive comments. always lookin for more comments....also type r,...if possible, do you have any 3-D's dat i can possibly take a look at,...not to bite, but to kinda grasp tha concept of lighting and shading.

okay

3D101: letter structure, similar to the flow needed in a 2d piece if the letters are just chilling there or have a "forced" feel towards them, they most likely dont work. Your letters are kinda floating which could work if they followed a similar path. Noum and Nomaks work both have that forced feel to them where they try cramming in the letters to form a cool 3d shape (not working) if you are just starting out in 3d what you should do first is practice on single letters you really have to understand them completely because you cant cheat in 3d as easily as you can on 2d. Once you got your letters down pretty good then you can start putting them together but like i said it needs to flow. Thats pretty much all you need to know if you get that down the rest will follow on its own.

For perspective and shading I suggest you start looking at objects around you and notice how they change according to size and position. Get a lamp and do experiments with blocks, cups, whatever. . . and study the reflection, shadows, and refractions(when a light ray changes mediums). If you have had any art classes you have probably done these things before, and how type R said clay is really usefull for studying 3d forms, play around with it and try drawing it. That is all

Archived