Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NOUM

The 3D pages.

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Noum and Hecz

Thanks for your input. I've been playing around with 3d work for a little bit, mainly starting off with no black outline, two shades and small twist and turns, nothing to dramamtic. I like both of your styles and I hope some day I'll enter the third demension, until then I'll stick with my rotting characters and my beaten up style.

Thanks again for your replys

Guest Frost-BK

How long have you been writing for noum? Also ain't you a bboy too? How long you been into that? Just wondering. . .

!?

it's a shame to bring the hate, but.

Noum I can't believe you've been trying to do 3d for so long and still so obviously lack originality in your work. Good design and compostion cannot be emulated, and when someone attempts to emulate it their work stands out like a sore thumb.

I saw one of your painted pieces and it actually looks like you got some technique down. But the colour scheme and the actual form of the piece were lame and bitten.

1. Your letters are poor. It's not that they are 3d, or more simple than wildstyle letters, it just obvious that you haven't gained an understanding of good letter-form. You'll notice that 3d masters like Delta, Totem and Daim all have particularly well-developed 2d letters as well. Their obvious experience with 2d letter-form shines through in their 3d pieces. So you may have been told a million times, and you may think that you're too cool to do 2d styles, but the fact that you have a poor concept of letter-form is something that keeps your shit bottom-rung.

2. Stop biting. The shapes and forms that you use to expand your pieces are hopeless bites, and the fact that they don't even come from your letters is an even bigger insult. And now to see you trying that stringy shit around your pieces in exactly the same way that totem has been doing for years is sickening.

3. I haven't attempted much 3d, but i know that it isn't hard to come up with big shapes sticking out of your shit in both 2d and 3d. It doesn't immediately make your stuff look cool, maybe it will fool a few toys here and there, but most heads will see right through it. Your pieces should look dope with just the letters, nothing else - and if you took everything off yours we know they wouldn't.

4. If you really want to get better at 3d, start doing some cool 2d letters and twisting them into a 3d persepctive.

5. The letters N, O, U and M are all so similar and simple. They just accentuate the obvious fact that you're scared of letters and can't be bothered developing any style.

I don't enjoy ripping into people, i'm no master, but this shit is insulting man. You do produce a LOT of work, but nowhere in that work have I seen anything original. I have seen hints at you trying to do your own thing, and that's cool - run with it and forget everybody else's stuff. You can draw influence from others, sure, but just quit pulling such blatant bites.

it's all good bloodklot..i'm hoping to see some of your stuff in this thread soon bro.

Frost-BK Iv'e been breaking for about 7 years now..still going strong..lol..

lewis You need to host your things befor you post them bro.. NOUM RECOMENDS <--

ODS-1 I missed the joke in that one..thanks for the shout though.

OptimusPrime i'm feeling that style bro..How about some more.

cam..who the fuck are you?!..lol j/k..it's cool bro I see where your coming from but to jump to the "biting" b.s is really funny because I see no point in biting..thats almost as releving as pushing my hand in a blender home boy..sit back and relax..I have nothing against 2d and wild style it's just that some people should stick to what they are good at and i'm not going to do a wild style because thats not me,you talk so good game but all your saying is blahblahblah..sit back and relax home boy..thanks for posting in the 3D pages..please come again.

Re: Good stuff Noum..

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn

DDD.:lol:

Noum you kno the deal...

:shook: <--Harlem shake.

Re: word

Originally posted by theta

cam is right, noum does bite

put up a pick that he bites from, cause i would like to see it

Hey Noum,

Dont take this the wrong way, but I can see what Cam and others are talking about. Im not saying youre biting but your work does have some obvious influences. It's tough with 3D not too. Even though I dont think youre sitting there with pieces done by other people when you do your letters, I think it's pretty evident whose pieces you dont pass up looking at. Thats all part of the game.

I think everybody can see that you have talent when it comes to doing 3D letters, but there is a HUGE need to have that same talent when it comes to 2D-down to throw-ups. If you dont have that then all of those influences slowly creep up into your work more and more until one day you do the best piece youve ever done and realize it looks exactly like somebody else's.

Now, you may write me off and tell me to sit back and relax, that's up to you, Im just another guy out there throwing out my 2 cents. But I think you could turn your style into YOUR style very easily. Just quit doing what youre doing now for about a week or two, and everytime you sit down to do some letters try something totally different. Just do some free-form stuff and then turn those into 3D.

And if somebody says youre biting, dont get defensive, look at your stuff and be honest with yourself. You know who your influences are, forget those guys and sit down and develop what NOUM is all about, try to surpass those guys.

Im done babbling. Keep it up.

haha that was the last thing i expected.

But yeah, whatever man, it's cool you took it on the chin. I don't think your letters are bitten one. . .bit. But that's not what i was on about.

I'm a design student (yeah artfag whatever) and only part-time writer but the sheer volume and variety of work i see both design and graff-related gives me some idea of where to approach this from.

I think ciste said it all. . .it's not straight copies, but the more you draw influence the more obvious that influence appears. It's simply not you, and it's not your style. In my opinion i think your letters are weak, and to back up what i was saying two of my best mates who are both much more experienced than me have slightly ventured into the world of 3d and those pieces they have done have been directly derived from their outstanding 2d work. Maybe this doesn't mean anything, maybe this isn't an art to you but simply something to pass the time. But some people find it insulting to see things that are so directly influenced.

Sure I could post up pictures just to prove my point of how obvious these influences are, but wtf is the point in that, it's not positive, it's just putting you down when others already know what i'm on about.

Like i said, ciste has it right, i think his suggestions are good ones.

Now this thread is getting alive..ciste,beards,cam I see what your saying..not much what you said though beardo cause your talking like I said Inever copied a piece in my life..every "writer" checked out a piece atleast once in thier life but as much as I hate to admit it back a few years I was checking out totem2 pieces( cheching out meaning biting)i'm not one of those hard core graff heads that live by all this I think cam said it or assumed it but this is just something I do when i'm bored thats why they are all on notebook paper because when i'm in class or some place where everything is dull I just sketch a quick noum piec or a random name.. scan host and post..thats why I said just sit back and relax i'm still new to this.but get off that now.

elunikoparke Thats a nice piece man..keep it up.

Nice dork shit, it really reflects his "regular" pieces well. Someone should post the Hecz "Merlin" piece from the battle thread. Some delta would hit the spot.