25th Hour

Gunm

For those of you who have seen this amazing movie I want to get people's thoughts on the ending. Did Edward Norton really follow his fathers words and escape out west? Or did he simply accept his fate and the whole scenario playing out in his head was simply him dreaming as they went along?

I guess one's interpretation could be like saying whether the glass is half empty or half full. I wanna knoiw what y'all think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I have the same feeling pedro does...it was obvious to me in the ending that it was reality that prevailed over the fantasy mood the fathers talk had....to be perfectly honest i didnt really liked that film....when i saw 'do the right thing' i thought i was a good movie...everything else i watched later on plain sucked....25th hour seemed like a dope movie and gradually turned to nothing special imo. Despite all that, i love the movie for the "fuck you" scene...thats awesome and thats what dude has done in all his movies at some point.

Originally posted by Tesseract

I have the same feeling pedro does...it was obvious to me in the ending that it was reality that prevailed over the fantasy mood the fathers talk had....to be perfectly honest i didnt really liked that film....when i saw 'do the right thing' i thought i was a good movie...everything else i watched later on plain sucked....25th hour seemed like a dope movie and gradually turned to nothing special imo. Despite all that, i love the movie for the "fuck you" scene...thats awesome and thats what dude has done in all his movies at some point.

'do the right thing' is a great movie.

Guest ModelCitizen

I just finished watching it.

The ending felt like it represented a fantasy more than a reality, and the entire end sequence wasn't "definite", but I think the rest of the movie suggested that it wasn't intended to be the final word of the story. Either way, the filmmakers did a great job of making what could have been a mundane subject into a really entertaining couple of hours.

It's tough to get a really "introspective" movie like that made in mainstream Hollywood, especially with big-name actors, so it's cool to see it playing on cable in my house late at night. Rosario Dawson really looked and acted lovely, too.

Originally posted by Tesseract

i love the movie for the "fuck you" scene...thats awesome and thats what dude has done in all his movies at some point.

I have to admit the 'fuck you" scene was pretty fucking funny....but, c'mon Spike did you really have to do it?

Also, yeah he was daydreaming..

P.S. Rosario Dawson looked real HOT in this movie!

• 4 months later...

bump

just saw this movie.

i gotta say it's really fucking good. he's had some clunkers, but spike hit a homer with this one. i've always like edward norton. but i've never sweated his nuts like many people i know. ok, so now i'm on the dillsz, at least momentarily. and rosario dawson... had a crush on her since kids, and she's all grown up now. but we've covered that. ;)

ending: realsitic= intentional ambiguity

and tease, i actually agree that the 5 step layup was funny. but the "fuck you" scene as a whole was far more than funny. the shit was beautiful. spike killed it with the shots on that one. and in the movie in general. and my man bobbito came through with the cymande, the kane, and the craig mack in the club.

forget the ending- a REAL question- what happens between chunkboy teacher and his student? does she tell? is he canned? haha...

Guest imported_Tesseract

what happens between chunkboy teacher and his student? does she tell? is he canned? haha...

haha, now that seriously falls under the "The fact that it remains unresolved made it the best, most satisfying ending I have seen in a very long time." category

The fuck you scene is plain american dopeness...none european director coulda lived that to shoot it....pure melting pot shit.

Everytime i think of that scene, 'fuck you' scene from do the right thing comes in mind....fuckin torturo is the man.

Re: bump

Originally posted by TEARZ

forget the ending- a REAL question- what happens between chunkboy teacher and his student? does she tell? is he canned? haha...

hahaha. I thought about this the other day. For one, he was already tripping on it even before he was done in the club. So that leads me to believe if she ever tried to burn him, he'd crack under the first signs of pressure and resign. Did she tell though? I don't think she would tell, but she would expect A's from him until she was done school.

Thats almost fodder for another movie.

the fuck you scene was the shit indeed. he says "fuck you" to everything.

he says fuck you to paki cab drivers, korean grocers, fags, and so on. even bin laden got a fuck you. the snapshots of these people he says fuck you was also good shit. stereotypical as fuck. spike lees coming to my college this week. should I see him and ask him shit and hear him talk? or do a "fuck you" and not go? or rob him?

the movie was good, but to be perfectly honest, the absolute army of 9/11 references really ruined it for me. i know people will get pissed at me for saying that, but for many reasons i don't think it's right to do shit like that.

you want to honor somebody? do it while they're alive.

yeah, a lot of people died and a lot of people were really traumatized by the whole incident, but getting pissed at bin laden and arabs in general is the short-sighted solution. figuring out what we are doing overseas to piss so many people off that they would be willing to die to hurt us or scare us is the real solution. the only way to truly honor any of those who died is to make sure it never happens again.

no, i'm not talking about revenge.

i'm talking about foreign policy changes. i'm talking about our plundering imperialistic attitude when it comes to second and third world countries. i'm talking about finding out what made them so mad, and figuring out how to make sure it never happens again.

edward norton is awesome, though.

• 2 weeks later...