10 grand......

dorkone

okay okay...i know there was a 20 grand thread for cars but now theres a ten thousand dollar thread....i have 9,000 to spend on a car right....and another grand coming....im looking at all sorts ...but i want the opinion of 12 oz...what would you get....im looking for something that can be tuned out....so feel free to list a car thats roughly 5,000 and then tell me what parts or turbo kits are compatible or are good for that car.....thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

getting a $5000 car and putting $5000 worth of shit on it, instead of a $10000 car is the epitome of stupid.

what are you going to buy with the extra 5 gs?

some rims, those stupid chrome windshield wipers, an exhaust, racing peddles, some nitrous, and a racing steering wheel?

oh and a new knob for your shifter. dont forget that gem.

the only person who is going to see all that shit will be the local mechanic.

get the 10,000 dollar car.

some people...

iam with mapo on this one, geees his a smart boy sometimes....

get the 10 grand car straight out, you will be suprised how how fast the novelty or rims and stupid gear shift nobs wears off after a few months

id go for a honda civic, maybe a accord, try stay away from the big names i.e- mercedes and bmw as parts cost a lot to fix

word mapo.

get a Dodge Neon or Toyota Corolla thats a few years old for around 10k. You'll have less problems than a 5k car. That is if you actually plan on using this car as a daily commuter. If it's just a hobby/project car then get an old muscle car. But seriously don't consider getting some old porsche or jag cause the cost of parts and mechanics are too fuckin' high.

how about and old school VW bus.

if i were buying a car right now id get a jeep, ive got a 94 cherokee that i bought for $5000 2 years ago and ive had no problems with it, even since its past the 120000 mile mark. ive had two cherokee's, the first was an 85 that had a littler over 200000 miles when i got it and ran great till about 460000 miles when it died. jeeps are it in my book

You dont have to spend a lot of money to get a car that runs good. The last car that i got was an 88 lincoln town car AKA The L-Wagon. It ran like it just came off the showroom floor with some minor body damage and i copped it for around $700. My old roommate has it now along with a 79 buick riviera he bought for $500 with no body damage. They both run like a charm. If you are aprehensive about buying used cars from people, your best bet is to buy a car from an old man. They always seem to have cars in perfect condition just laying around that are for sale and it usually wont cost you more than $1500.

Originally posted by BIGBLUE

you can score yourself one of these fine 64 impalas with a 283 all the way up to a 409 v8 and blow by alot of those misquito imports for around $5k and dime it out for another 5 .. you got big $$$ spend wisely

http://members.rogers.com/kensklassickars/inet64ss.JPG'>

very dope car if left original old school........i want one of those new acuras,them things look dope as fuck small but i know they cost an arm and a leg......im a drive what the fuck i can type a guy.....fuck rims,all that fancy ghetto shit,thats extra money spent on dumb shit that can be spent on gettin some pussy and drugs:lol:

vicodin+xanax oner outtie....;)

Originally posted by kemekill

Just so ya know Honda Civic is the #1 stolen car in America, probably followed closely by the Accord.

right, and that will make your insurance go up.

you can get a new car for 10k if you look. try to find an 03 car, right now the manufacturers are giving rebates to the dealers to get rid of the 03s and start selling 04's. a guy at work just got an 03 ford ranger for $9500. granted it was a very basic model, but still.

you can get an 02 mitsubishi lancer for around 10k. those are popular rental cars, and most of the 02s being sold are rentals..which are typically kept in good shape.

i might be buying an original Willy's M1 MUTT, think WWII Jeep, its sweet, only has 61 original miles on it. It even has the intake and exhaust snorkled to 6feet. but it a little over 10 grand

Archived