bombs and blowing shit up for fun

imported_dowmagik

ill admit it, i didnt search to see if a similiar thread has already been done, so kill this if it has.

i was curious about others experiences making explosives and just blowing shit up. after hearing for years that you can make a bomb out of empty c02 canisters i decided to try it out. i found an empty n20 (nitrous) canister in my room. with a hammer and a roomies resin scraping tool i tapped the mouth of it till it widened and i could fill it with black powder. we filled it, then stuck a green firecracker fuse in it, and put sticky tack around the mouth to seal off any air. we blew it up in a nearby park. it was pretty loud, but not as loud as i expected. it was quieter than a dry ice bomb. the dumb ass that lit it stayed right next to it but didnt get hit by any debris.

post your experiences.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I never tried to make something on my own (and to be completely honest i dont recommend it to anyone) but when i was working on a project i blew up lots of scale models with some chinese crackers that are pretty strong...its fun as fuck.

heh, I used to make draino bombs... those things are, what I'd say, worse than dry ice bombs. When they blow up there's like this caustic draino vapor. My friend Garland back in Austin made this bomb out of a bunch of black powder.... kinda the same idea as the pellet gun co2 canister bomb.... but he used a clear plastic thing a little bigger than a film canister. He packed the powder in there too, so it was compressed, it had alot of powder in it, and then he dripped wax on top of it to seal it with a green braided fuze to ignite it.

So we went out into this small intersection, there wasn't gonna be any traffic in this area at the time, and he puts it in the middle of the street. It was rather loud, and it made this mushroom cloud, it looked like a miniature terrorist bomb or nuke.

I don't really recommend making anything explosive to anyone, you're most likely not gonna take the necessary precautions to make it even remotely "safe" so it's just a bad idea.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

heh, I used to make draino bombs...

ha-ha...me too. I used to go around putting them in the trash cans in the dorms. shit would explode louder than fuck...especially in a cinder block building...and everyone would open there doors up with that wtf just happened look on their faces. it was especially entertaining at 3 in the morning. seeing nerds pissed off is some funny shit.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Storytime:

This guy I know, when he was 13, would always go around blowing random stuff up or setting them on fire. One day hanging outside his house he saw a bunch of steel oil drums being used as trash cans, so he went over there to see what he could find. To his surprise, one of them still had the lid on, and had that tiny little cap on the lid still attached. He took it off, peered inside, and realized he couldn't see anything in there because he was, duh, blocking out the light with his eye. "How could I fix this problem?", he thought. Why of course, you drop a match in there, and it'll give off light from the inside!! So that's exactly what he did... lit a match, dropped it in, and put his right eye to the hole.

What he didn't know was that the oil drum had recently been unloaded from an alcohol distillery and had yet to be opened up to be converted into a trash can. It was loaded with vapors.

The explosion lifted him up in the air and sent him flying backwards for over 20 feet, his entire chest and head on fire. The drum twisted itself into a mangled mess with a huge burst opening on top. His parents, who heard the explosion, rushed him to the hospital, where he was treated for horrible burns all over the face, head, and shoulders. All hair was completely singed off, and his right eye was an oozing, bloody mess.

The boy eventually recovered, the hair grew back, and there was virtually no scarring left anywhere. The only remnants of the unfortunate accident were a permanently closed and unfunctioning right eye, with which he still lives today, practicing as a dentist and remaining unmistakably handsome. He has a loving wife and three kids, one of which is yours truly.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/el%20mams%20dad%20for%20pres.jpg'>

Wow.

My grandfather's eye is messed up. When he was a kid, him and his brother found some blasting caps (used to detonate dynamite) in their attic. I'm not sure how the story went exactly, but they ended up exploding one of them and a fragment of metal went in my grandfather's eye. Yep, you gotta watch out for that kind of stuff, it always seems that randomly flying particles always aim for your eyes.

indeed.

adding to the my dad's eye got fucked up pattern. he had a piece of hot steel shoot into his eye at work. it was a very small piece, so he kept his eyesight, but his eye no longer dialates.

how the fuck I managed to grow up without losing <insert body part here> I have no idea. I used to make big firecrackers (pipe bombs essentially) and bury them in the ground to see how big of a crater they'd make. most didn't work, but the ones that did...

blowing shit up is how I spent my childhood. We did some pretty stupid shit and should have been killed multiple times. Drain-o or Works bombs are bad ass. You can float them in water or put a balloon over the top, and float it up in the air. We used to steall all sorts of chemicals from labs and see what would happen if we lit them of fire.

The biggest thing we did was coat a WD-40 can w/ rubber cement and light it on fire, then shoot it with a pellet gun from about 30 yards away. it made a HUGE black mushroom cloud.

We also used to make 1/2 gallon contains of smoke bombs and put them near intersections. Things would fill up almost the whole block.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by WISE

You can float them in water or put a balloon over the top, and float it up in the air.

You just gave me an awesome idea.

Mental note: Next time I go snorkeling, bring cinder block, rope, and materials for Drain-O bombs...

hahaha... we were all dumbass kids. surprisingly enough all the biggest booms i made were by accident. gas can, keg of gunpowder etc.... I'm surprised I'm still in one piece too actually. Plenty of scars though. I never even planned on living this long. I still would like to make thermite though, never done that myself. and whatever that acetate peroxide is that i can't access.

one time i threw a drano bomb into a skatepark and watched kids shit their pants.......it blew up during the middle of slayerrain in blood....and i think a couple of kids were crying.....i was like 14 and i thought that it ws so funny...but now that i look back i reealize that i was just immature....it was still funny though

Originally posted by mapo returns

where do you guys get black powder?

ive been making some stuff recently with the gray and black powder inside those rocket engines you buy at wal-mart..but i want to do some better shit..typical gun powder you buy at a gun show would do fine right?

they probably have it at wal mart, theres a store here where they dont even have inside a glass case.

haha this thread has given me some good ideas, last year me and my freind made some molotov cocktails and tested them under a bridge, one time we almost threw one at a sleeping bum

Archived