Coffee Appreciation

fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Two cups before i leave the house and then on my walk to school I usually grab another cup from the local 7-11. Godbless 7-11, the only place left on earth where you can still get coffe flavored coffee. Smoking with my coffee is also an integral part of my morning ritual.

Coffee, the only thing that keeps me from punching joggers in the stomach that early in the morning.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I love coffee, but it hits me way, WAY too hard for me to have more than one cup a day. A single cup has just barely less effect on me than popping an Adderal. Two cups of coffee or more make me crash into a brainless, uninspired, and uneasy state of mind.

Originally posted by Telo

i.......dont see everyones problem with starbucks coffee (besides the fact that you dont buy it, you invest in it).. it tastes really good

I am a huge coffee fan, but what Kilo said in his espresso maker thread really clicked, I dont mind gettin some starbucks desert type coffee, but their regular cup'a joe tastes like ass for the most part, that burnt taste is downright un-tasty.

Id rather have a nice blend elsewhere.

but on topic, Ive become a fiend as of late, been staying up late working, waking up early to get to school, itern so its like aregular thing, I probably should cut back a tad though.

instant coffee is for the crack heads wanting a fix. ughnn no thanks. folgers and the rest fo that crap you buy prepackaged is nasty. what about gourmet coffee? anyone have any specific countries they like? my friend worked at a pete`s coffee and they would throw out coffee pretty quickly so i had my fridge packed with the a global variety. i wouldnt have bought good coffee to begin with but now i`m a bit of a snob.

african, vietnamese, and italian are my favorite. also i believe its called turkish coffee?? my friends armenian grandmother made me a cup once. its really black thick like tar but damn good.

Jamaican Blue Mountain is pretty tasty. So is Kona from hawaii.

Vietnamese drip coffee is like drinking Liquid Meth for all you serious caffeine users out there. One cup will have you grinding your teeth in less than three minutes.

Instead of paying $2.50 for Starbucks Doubleshot of shit to your stomach, I reccomend Mr. Brown Iced Cappucino. It's a japanese coffee drink that tastes EXACTLY like doubleshot, costs about a $1.50 less and gets you just as wired. Only problem is that you have to go to Ranch 99 or some other asian supermarket to get it.

i'll have a cup or two in the morning maybe three days a week... just the free stuff at work.. nothing fancy. but sometimes i get a cup at my friends in the morning and he buys some good quality freshly roasted local co-op shit.. and damn its good.. i don't really drink it often enough to care to get the good stuff.

right now it is saving my ass as i go into hour 14 of my work day (1 more to go!) .... but once i got past 12, its double time pay, so that helping the fight too!!! damn, i'm getting paid good tonight to look at 12oz!! mo' money, mo'money, mo' money!!!

Originally posted by serum

instant coffee is for the crack heads wanting a fix. ughnn no thanks. folgers and the rest fo that crap you buy prepackaged is nasty. what about gourmet coffee? anyone have any specific countries they like?......

oh christ for sure, one of my all time fav blends for awhile has been Guatemala Rainforest Coban. If you get a chance to buy a bag of that, but the real shit as in from there its utterly fantastic. Im a fan of less acidic tastes, and this one is def. smoother, but still packs a punch plus the flavor is great. My Dad brings back some great coffee from Colombia, but its intense as all hell its like a caffeine punch to the gut, I only drink that when I visit the rents and what not, but its a quality coffee, ill ask for the name later.

Jaun Valdez doesnt have shit on Swedish people makin coffee. When i went out there to visit some relatives, they were makin some potent stuff. I think they would take a week old pot of coffee and pour that into the coffee maker instead of water. They have a skull and crossbones decal on their pot.

I love cafe au laits but don't understand why they cost more

so, instead i get a short coffee in a tall cup (1.30 or something) and fill the rest with whole milk.

I have my au lait (only the milk isn't steamed), it's hella cheaper, and i don't have to wait so i don't burn my tongue b/c the coffee's already cooled.

I have mastered the system.

I have pilon gourmet, pilao (from brasil), and el cubanito (from ecuador), in my freezer rotation right now. I only use a stove-top espresso maker, and I gotta say that Pilao is my favorite, followed by El Cubanito. The Pilon gourmet is just okay.

I just got back from Italy about a month ago and the stuff over there is really good. I'm still kicking myself for not having brought back any coffee. Oh well, I guess there's always next time.