NEW OUTKAST VIDEO! "HEY YA!" What the fuck??

Boring Bastard

Has anyone seen this new video they just put out? What the fuck are they doing? I've been a fan since "Southernplayalistcadillacfunkymusic" but what in the fuck is this new shit all about! Andre is a fucking fruitloop for real this time..............I mean.........he always dressed all fucked up but "Hey ya!" is fucking re-tard-ed!

Opinions, thoughts, anything???

:confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my problem with andre being 'unique' and 'creative', is that its formulaic. he's bootsy collins and jimi hendrix, 30 years removed.

everytime a black guy starts getting all crazy and flamboiant, they follow the same path. not that im dissing him, just saying that i kind of preferred the ATLiens-era andre. his verse on 'return of the G' kills it. after that it seems he somewhat started to get 'out there' simply for out theres sake.

or maybe im just dumb.

i havent heard this song.

Originally posted by freightlover

youre the same kind of dude they made fun of on "aquemini"

"first they was some pimps, then some aliens or somegenies or something..."

the video is so dope, and the song is too.

can't wait for the 2xCD

Yeah right.............I'm the same guy.........The video is fucking retarded! It's DRE dancing like he's Buddy Holly.........Seeking is right.........It's like homeboy started acting all weird for the sake of being weird! Do you see BIG BOI acting a fool like that? No, you don't!

That's my point! :rolleyes:

Guest im not witty

i like this song. i do wish andre would rap, because im a big fan, especially of aquemini. thats a classic album through and through. but if a brother wanna sing, let him sing. i dont know how the whole cd is going to go over, but i have enjoyed all the tracks i have heard so far. its different. this could be the last album, i mean whats next after the double cd? solo projects no doubt. so enjoy it while you can.

to this day I remember seeking making some point in a thread comparing it to how white folks like andre and black people like big boi. i dont remember what the point was per se, but nonetheless. :o

Originally posted by im not witty

to this day I remember seeking making some point in a thread comparing it to how white folks like andre and black people like big boi. i dont remember what the point was per se, but nonetheless. :o

i dont remember saying it, but it certainly sounds like something id say.

black people wish andre would quit rapping like he was gay, and white people wish big boi would quit rapping alltogether.

i just wish they'd make more songs like 'myintrotoletyouknow'

Originally posted by seeking

i dont remember saying it, but it certainly sounds like something id say.

black people wish andre would quit rapping like he was gay, and white people wish big boi would quit rapping alltogether.

i just wish they'd make more songs like 'myintrotoletyouknow'

Yes............."myintrotoletyouknow"........Good!

I don't think he raps like he's gay.........It's just seems that BIG BOI sits on the sidelines sometimes like "Yo......I don't know what the fuck my partner over here is doing but uhhhhmmmmmmmm........I support him I guess!" It just seems at times they don't mesh styles at all..........It's either real hot or it's real not hot! I'm a fan.........I just don't feel them all the time..........Just my 2 cents..........

i remember a point seeking made once, i dont know if its the same post..but he said white america only accept black people who fall into a a stereotype. the example he gave was snoop dogg, how he wasnt accepted by white america but now he is. and its because he started dressing like a flamboyant pimp, and using catchphrases. that made him non-threatening.

but as far as 'hey ya', i havent seen the video but have dled the mp3.

i think this shit is unbelievable! i swear to god i can hear some beatles influences. the last cd i paid for was the x-ecutioners, but i think im gonna drop a few bucks for outkast on this one.

i sure get quoted alot...i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

maybe its just the expected result of having an opinion on every fucking subject under the sun.

either way, yes, i still stand by that. white america at large cant accept black folks until they're over exagerated characturizations of themselves. even worse perhaps, is that black people seem to often not be able to accept one another without this as well.

i mean, i dont want to point fingers, or turn this into a race debate, but your average young 'urban' black male, who dresses in 3x akademics velure sweat suits, looks like a fucking clown to everyone but his similarly dressing peers. anyone who's read (or seen) malcolm x will be familiar with this concept. what point am i trying to make? i dont know.

i guess that its unfortunit that a black man cant just be a 'man' and be accepted. either white america needs him to be something else, or he himself, needs to be something else. and as soon as someone tries, he's often labled a 'sell out'. lawrence fishburn is a good example of this.

there are not many 'black bob dylans'.

i dont know, im rambling.

everyones to blame.

god bless ya, goodnight.

ANDRE 3000 IS STR8 buggin the f^ck out.. I think he is in need of a shrink to get to the source of his identity crisis. It's cool to be a trend setter and think independently ,but when you are totally out of cipher trying to change the complexion of hip hop (in the form which he entered) it will may cause your original fans to abandon you .

Originally posted by Coffie Crave

in a nut shell

look take the camra off this guy and he will act up most normal, its easy to see that he acts this way to get peoples eye, and to make money and it worked...and its stile working....

This is true. But who isnt like that these days. On another note, dont take any of the music on tv seriously, its not meant to be. Turn off your brain for a minute, yes thats it.

Andre 3000 Says No Outkast Tour

In a recent interview, Andre revealed that hip-hop music no longer stimulates him and that he would not be touring to support their upcoming set, Speakerboxx/The Love Below.

"I don't feel the music the same way I did when I first got into hip-hop, loving it, loving writing lyrics and studying other people's lyrics," Andre told The New York Times. "Back then all I would think about was beats and rhymes."

Andre moved from Atlanta to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and has taken up the clarinet and saxophone and is contemplating enrolling in a music school.

"The next time I perform on stage, I see myself playing in a band," Andre continued. "I want it to be a total departure from Outkast."

Andre's decision not to tour didn't effect group member Big Boi's ambitions to support the album by hitting the road.

"If he decides not to tour, it's all good," Big Boi said. "He knows I'm going to go on the road. Ain't nothing better than the crowd's reaction to new music."

-- From AllHipHop.com : News

http://lawrencehiphop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2257

that song is retarded the video sucks ass. i dont know what they were thinking. i also dont like that black eyed peas song. i almost ripped this guys head off at work cause he said it was a greeat song. obviously he doesnt listin to lyrics. im in the military so that songs gay.