come back to detroit (we missed you the first time)

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for anyone reading this that knows what 'the spot' (the old bar) is, the other day i went in it... theres a couple homeless guys that have taken over the whole thing. they have bedrooms set-up upstairs, where the bar/lounge area used to be. the whole gigantic dancefloor is covered with trash they just tthrow down to the ground. its such a waste. but the point is, these motherfuckers are lamping. they're place is doper than anywhere ive ever lived, and its completely free. now sure, theres no water or electricity, but its a start, not an end.

yes, anyone that was homeless in detroit could have a very dope place to live if they so chose. places people would kill to live in...if they werent abandoned and occasionally smelling like piss of course.

boulder st.

yes, one got painted. a golden west reefer(!!) but i got rolled on in the process and didnt get to finish. i was just so amazed at finding the fucking thing, ii couldnt help myself.

steve,

no, my rule is definitely still in effect. these were just for documentation. i do think that light will be counted as a qualifiable variable in the future though, as its not completely predictable. im still holding to that idea though. i havent been taking many photos as of late, but my enthusiasm has picked up...or maybe my frustration has just decreased. in either case, photos with things that move are the way to go, trust me.

trybol,

both manual and automatic settings, depending on the situation. mostly automatic though. ive found myself very fond of the errors, and over-compensation that most 'auto' settings produce. in cases of extreme conditions (light or dark) they wind up taking 'worse' photos than if you set it yourself. i find these errors to be often more interesting than proper exposures.

this is an example of everything i hate about photography right now, but still like regardless.

Originally posted by seeking

ive found myself very fond of the errors, and over-compensation that most 'auto' settings produce. in cases of extreme conditions (light or dark) they wind up taking 'worse' photos than if you set it yourself. i find these errors to be often more interesting than proper exposures.

see man, thats what im sayin. I try to tell people in my 'final portfolio' class, that this is whats up, and if you can -and- have made 'proper' exposures in the past, then whats wrong with some tweaking?

fucking pedestrian minds i tell you.....

in a class setting, where the point is to learn the technical aspect of photography, id agree with them.

it takes a long time to learn the rules so well that you begin breaking them for the right reasons. prior to that you just think you know why you're doing things.

not saying you dont, just saying from experience.

Archived