the city slicker thread

city.slicker

Originally posted by cheerleader

happybackfat if we are 'old heads', what are you? youre clearly way too gumpy to be like just starting, and you keep comparing our graffiti now to our graffiti from before, so obviously youve been paying attention for a while...so i cant figure out where you fit in, like are like in 'graffiti middle age' or maybe adolescence? maybe youre a 'young adult'?

i dont know, but boy are you sulky for whatever age you are.

sulk sulk sulk. somebody needs to discover girls.

where do i fit in...right between you best girl's tan supple thighs.

regardless ZASK! fuckin blows. you guys have worked too hard for too long to stand for that crap. i mean damn...promises can be broken, so let it go. i can't believe you let that kid make a complete mockery of your boxcars. straight garbage.

when you get fliks do you crop off that shit? i would.

it's a damn shame that crap like zask is tolerated in the most awesomest crews in the burgh. yikes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant speak for csn, but nsf crew has never claimed to have some minimum standard of graffiti 'quality'. when necs put me down in 1997, i sucked. when reke got down, he sucked. everyone improves. anyone that knows zasks resume knows that he crushed pittsburgh for years in a different medium, and just recently decided 'oh what the hell let me try to paint too'....and in less than a year, hes improved like crazy. and hell keep getting better.

but whats more telling is reading about you anonymous zero self-esteem sulking over him. nsf has always been and will always be a family of friends...we do not care about wether every piece on an E2E is some rock star trend or passes some standard of piecing. we like having fun. zask is one of my best friends, and thats that. i personally put him down with nsf because he smashed pittsburgh with posters on the solo for years. i cosign his work 1000% for these 3 reasons:

1.hes already smashed with posters, and in a brief year of using paint has bombed harder than almost anyone lately

2. everyone can learn art skills..that can be taught....but you cant teach heart..and zask has more heart than most...the art will come

3. hes my good friend, and we have fun painting together and thats what counts.

if you really are losing sleep over this, its likely that you people enjoy graffiti for the wrong reasons... and furthermore i suggest you addressing any or all of this criticism to zask's face and you can see the real life version of "submit reply".

i like em vaginas .............

oh yea btw......about this zask issue ...... he is one of my protoges, therefore if you dont like his shit then you dont like my shit either so eat a big dick you no name faggots........and as always if you have some issues to address with me you can tell them to my face

Originally posted by thereke187

i like em vaginas .............

oh yea btw......about this zask issue ...... he is one of my protoges, therefore if you dont like his shit then you dont like my shit either so eat a big dick you no name faggots........and as always if you have some issues to address with me you can tell them to my face

i heard you dont even have a face. back in nam god damn mine went off right in front you, blew your whole gosh darn face off it did. spent a few months in the hospital and now you have some sort of mechanical robotic eating mechanism.some sort of scientific break through biological freak shit. pretty rad dude!

nephs ike

zask is diffently getting better ... at least he pieces thats more than i can say for myself ... ........ .........

and try to wait atleast 45 seconds to make a critisizing comment about my post ...

mr. fred k.

thought you guys would like this, stumbled on it while perusing google's graffiti news...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...h/s_192052.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-04-30/0501grafitti-a.jpg'>

City's graffiti law not leaving its mark with all

Graffiti fight

By Darice Williams

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Saturday, May 1, 2004

The city isn't enforcing its law to keep a graffiti artist's tools out of the hands of young people.

Store owners and parents of children who break the law face as much as a $500 fine after a warning on the first offense. A year after City Council approved the measure to reduce graffiti, many local art supply store managers say they still haven't received guidelines from the city.

"I had to call the council office to get info," said Tim Naulty, manager of Utrecht, a South Side art supply store. "They did not send us anything except copies of the bill."

Last month, Naulty placed his own signs in the store windows alerting people about the graffiti law.

"I have no problem with the (law), but I feel the communication with the city has not been good," he said.

The city's anti-graffiti law prohibits minors from buying or possessing materials used for writing graffiti and bans stores from selling spray paints, indelible markers, etching tools or etching acid to any person younger than 18 not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Store clerks must ask young-looking customers for identification before selling them the materials.

Pittsburgh police could not provide information on whether any store owners had been fined. Cmdr. Rashall Brackney said police focus more on trying to catch vandals in the act than they do checking with store owners to make sure they are carding people.

City Council President Gene Ricciardi, who introduced the anti-graffiti legislation last year, said it's up to the Law Department to get the guidelines to the businesses, then it's up to the police to enforce the law.

City Solicitor Jacqueline Morrow did not return calls seeking comment. Mayoral spokesman Craig Kwiecinski also did not return calls seeking comment.

Some store employees are taking the law into their own hands.

Manager Rick Colerich said his Artist & Craftsman Supply store in East Liberty no longer sells spray paint "to keep it out of the hands of kids."

Colerich said even his store building has been vandalized. "(The city) is not only not holding up their anti-graffiti law, but they will not clean it up," he said.

The city's budget woes make it difficult to clean up all the scrawls.

"In the past, we did (clean) private property. However, with the fiscal positioning of the city, we can no longer extend that service," Ricciardi said. "Unfortunately, if your private property is damaged, it is on you."

Police say that by singling out minors, the law could be missing the target.

"The majority (of those arrested for graffiti) are between 18 and 25," Brackney said.

yeah blame mook...

i guess we gotta point the finger at somebody, since he is the onlyone painting anything...?? it dont make much sense to blame one person, although im sure he himself brought alot of attention to it, he is not the soul cause...i think everyone had a part in it...everyone had to of painted something that someone up above had to look at everyday of their lives, and thats what boiled them over...the fact that they cant keep up with everything going on...if you dont want heat, get the hell out the kitchen...

Re: nephs ike

Originally posted by factorial

zask is diffently getting better ... at least he pieces thats more than i can say for myself ... ........ .........

and try to wait atleast 45 seconds to make a critisizing comment about my post ...

mr. fred k.

how about almost 24 hours?

for the record, i've been warming up to your stuff as of late. good work man. i do appreciate seeing your hands and throwies around nowadays.. keep up the good work.

yo

Originally posted by myron cope

who buys paint anyway?:confused:

if you dont buy the paint how would you get it silly????

you cant just go into the woods and find it under a rock, or pick it from trees, i even tried to squeeze a lump of coal with my bare hands, but never got any paint...if you want paint you kinda have to buy it....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Archived