Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
stylus1

Top 5 best movies, Independent films for the most part

Alright, we are in this forum it says enough. Druggies and drunks and Art lovers alike hit this shit up, I'm really really drunk right now and reading the Donnie Darko thread and it got me started, here it is -- -- --

1. Pi - Mathematics, Chaos, Patterns, Oblivion

2. Donnie Darko - A beautiful film, writing is absolutely amazing, this is a beautiful piece of artwork, and an amazing writng accomplishment

3. Vannilla Sky - hate me for putting a movie with Tom Cruise in it on here, but this is just an amazing dreamworld, We all have wanted that girl that we just couldn't have - Watch This Movie It will make you think and remember that crush you had

4. Fight Club - best movie ever fucking made, hands down, actors are artists in this, all of you saw it, this is the best but for independennt sake im cutting some slack

Bully/Kids - this is up to you, Larry Clark is a genious, but last time i watched Gummo i was drunk and it freaked me out. Bully is a masterpiece

These are not independent, and they definitely are very heard of….but they are very random:

1) Plunkett and McLean (sp)

2) Deliverance

3) Deer Hunter

4) The Killer

5 Deadly Venoms

beear and weed,

weapon x

Originally posted by stylus1

Oh and i forgot Cruel Intentions, its mainstream but its fucking Shakespearean a great movie too

Les Liasons Dangereux

Or Dangerous Liasons – featuring Uma Thurnan’s titties and John Malkovich and Glenn Close’s acting.

none of those movies are really independent, not even Pi or Kids, but def random is what i would call it, many of these scripts were prolly written with some help from some hard drugs

Originally posted by stylus1

none of those movies are really independent

I was waiting for someone to say it.

i dont know what makes an independant film so ill just mention a few movies that i liked but werent exactly hollywood....

american splendor-this was a funny ass movie, made me appreciate the everyday occurence...

gangster number one-made me want to fuck someone up, reeeeeal bad

kids-made me think wierd stuff....

romeo&juliet-yeah this was fuckin hollywood and shit but man this was a fucking dope ass movie...the characters in it were fuckin gangstah as fuck....and im not a big leo decaprio fan but he didnt make the movie bad at all.....plus i just decided to watch it again for the first time in a long time...

1.) "Catching Out" (Sarah George.)

2.) "StreetWise" (Martin Bell) (music by Tom Waits)

3.) "Underground" (1976) (Emile de Antonio)

4.) "Waco: The Rules of Engagement" (William Gazecki)

5.) "Columbia Revolt" (1968) (16mm---NewsReel Film Collective)

In fact, if you want VHS tapes of 16mm films of The Revolution shot from behind the barricades in the '60s:

www.redrat.net/newsreel/nr_bw.htm

Originally posted by KaBar2

3.) "Underground" (1976) (Emile de Antonio)

my film teacher gave me to watch yester. i havent gotten to it yet.

the conversation is a fucking amazing movie. and im really glad donnie darko hasnt gotten slept on in this thread.

im giving my fav avante guarde films.

1."meshes of the afternoon" mya deren

2."passage l'acte" martin arnold

3."this is a film about mars" paul turano

4."antisipation of the night" stan bracage

5."man with a movie camera" can remember who did it. someone important that i should know. whatever.

1) SUSPIRIA!!!!!! This movie is the best...very visual horror, directed by Dario Argento!

2) DAWN OF THE DEAD. Sequel to NOTLD, set in a shop'n maul.

3) TRAINSPOTTING.

4) TERMINATOR 2.

5) BEAT STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: That Waco: Rules of Engagement was shocking. I'm glad I saw that...

Bowling for Columbine was great, but there are parts which are..shall we say 'misleading'.

and dont forget 'Roger & Me'. By a younger, goofier looking, slightly thinner..Michael Moore.

Tyler, ever see About Schmidt?

If you like Punch Drunk Love, you'll get a kick out of Jack Nicholson in About Schmidt. Not his usual typecast roles... just like Sandler in PDL.

others - Requiem for a Dream, Pulp Fiction, Dark City, Fargo, Boiler Room, Memento, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, never saw Clockwork Orange but heard it was weird as shit

You want to see weird shit... watch I Stand Alone.

Ever seen a man in mid-life crisis punch his pregnant wife in the stomach in front of his mother in law?

THAT'S fuck up.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this