Top 5 best movies, Independent films for the most part

stylus1

Alright, we are in this forum it says enough. Druggies and drunks and Art lovers alike hit this shit up, I'm really really drunk right now and reading the Donnie Darko thread and it got me started, here it is -- -- --

1. Pi - Mathematics, Chaos, Patterns, Oblivion

2. Donnie Darko - A beautiful film, writing is absolutely amazing, this is a beautiful piece of artwork, and an amazing writng accomplishment

3. Vannilla Sky - hate me for putting a movie with Tom Cruise in it on here, but this is just an amazing dreamworld, We all have wanted that girl that we just couldn't have - Watch This Movie It will make you think and remember that crush you had

4. Fight Club - best movie ever fucking made, hands down, actors are artists in this, all of you saw it, this is the best but for independennt sake im cutting some slack

Bully/Kids - this is up to you, Larry Clark is a genious, but last time i watched Gummo i was drunk and it freaked me out. Bully is a masterpiece

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont know what makes an independant film so ill just mention a few movies that i liked but werent exactly hollywood....

american splendor-this was a funny ass movie, made me appreciate the everyday occurence...

gangster number one-made me want to fuck someone up, reeeeeal bad

kids-made me think wierd stuff....

romeo&juliet-yeah this was fuckin hollywood and shit but man this was a fucking dope ass movie...the characters in it were fuckin gangstah as fuck....and im not a big leo decaprio fan but he didnt make the movie bad at all.....plus i just decided to watch it again for the first time in a long time...

1.) "Catching Out" (Sarah George.)

2.) "StreetWise" (Martin Bell) (music by Tom Waits)

3.) "Underground" (1976) (Emile de Antonio)

4.) "Waco: The Rules of Engagement" (William Gazecki)

5.) "Columbia Revolt" (1968) (16mm---NewsReel Film Collective)

In fact, if you want VHS tapes of 16mm films of The Revolution shot from behind the barricades in the '60s:

www.redrat.net/newsreel/nr_bw.htm

Originally posted by KaBar2

3.) "Underground" (1976) (Emile de Antonio)

my film teacher gave me to watch yester. i havent gotten to it yet.

the conversation is a fucking amazing movie. and im really glad donnie darko hasnt gotten slept on in this thread.

im giving my fav avante guarde films.

1."meshes of the afternoon" mya deren

2."passage l'acte" martin arnold

3."this is a film about mars" paul turano

4."antisipation of the night" stan bracage

5."man with a movie camera" can remember who did it. someone important that i should know. whatever.

1) SUSPIRIA!!!!!! This movie is the best...very visual horror, directed by Dario Argento!

2) DAWN OF THE DEAD. Sequel to NOTLD, set in a shop'n maul.

3) TRAINSPOTTING.

4) TERMINATOR 2.

5) BEAT STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: That Waco: Rules of Engagement was shocking. I'm glad I saw that...

Originally posted by -Rage-

Ever seen a man in mid-life crisis punch his pregnant wife in the stomach in front of his mother in law?

yes, and im sure ill laugh till i cant breathe this time as well.

i always see "about schmidt" on the shelf at the video store and im like "uh.....nah......nahhhhhhhhhhhhh." and continuing walking over to where i will find rambo: first blood once again.