recent sketches

Fate2*88

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude riak, thats somthing to be proud of man. for the 4th piece gawd damn! your progressing at the same rate every time, very few people get good that fast, i sure didnt bust shit like that out on my 4th piece. Now the part that isnt so nice: i can see from the pic that some of the lines are a little shaky and a few of the lines that are supposed to straight are bent a little. and a few porportional issues, just a little based of the sketch. BUT DO NOT SWEAT IT, 4th piece looks better then anybodys 4th piece should look like. just takes practice to get good clean lines, and learning how to tranfer paper to a wall. and its good to see your not just one of the kids on here that just sketches and never paints, and you should be proud of your shit.

on the last note how long have you been writing altogether, like since u started sketching?

2 years=:king:

:DThanks Cieto, and thanks Kise. I really appreciate it. When I posted the flic, I was going to say how my outline still needs alot of work, and the left bar of the R is too big, and the bottom right bar of the K, at the bend, sort of slides, not bends, and it is too small, and the outline on the A is kind of fucked, but I just decided not to. Since you saw the same things, I just will say I agree. That outline messed it up each time I painted, so I need to work on that.

I've been fucking around with ink for about a year and a half, then I realized what I was doing was graff, then started focusing on my letters, but in the wrong way. I had no idea about letter structure much less what it was, but my shit just got more complex without letter structure. After posting on here, I learned flow first, then letter structure hit me one day in class when I realized my B in that 'NOLA Bustr' sketch, back in the thread, had different bars. That was in September. If you count the time I've been sketching and knowing what I'm doing, try 3 months max. Overall fucking around, a year and a half.

NO.

has no flow and the shapes are hella corny, do what you want to do, dont ask 12oz people to tell you what to draw but if your gunna stick with that type of style learn shapes that flow good together and letter structure is #1

Yeah man, I got some flicks, but I don't really want to start a whole new thread in Metal Heads. I go to the rails every day, but trains don't come every day, I barely see any pieces that compare to the things on here. If you want, I can just email you the ones I have, no trading or anything, I'll just give you them if you want them. Post your email if you want them.

As for local writers, I think they would have posted if they wanted their flicks on here, so I'm not going to do that, but I do have some out of town frieghts.

Originally posted by Fate2*88

I'm working on some more throws...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000211.jpg'>

yo, that I looks kinda like mine. but for real, you should switch up the r. the way it goes into the I makes it look too flat and kills flow. thats what throwies are. flow. however, i do like the capitol a alot more than i dig on the lower case one. in my opinion, the only time you should use a lower case a in a throwie is if its in the beginning. the one with the neon green outline looks as if it says "fisk" and you fucked up the F. try drawing a rectangle and do your throwie within that. it will make it more even and make it flow better. as for the K, its good. the bottom part is too flat on the bottom coming off the main bar. the downward angle of it highly disrupts the flow. remember, BOMBS ARE FLUIDITY. no more, no less.

just rambling i guess. ;)

jamaldbestt start simple,,, dont get into that crazy shit untill u master simple bar letter,,, bombing letters,,,, throwie letters,,, from mastering all those youll develope a good style n then you can start getting complicated with the simples and add shit till they sort of 'morph?' into pieces

I'm still sticking with my style like yall recommended, but I'm going to try to learn 'shapes' and shit like Kise said. Hopefully I won't create a mess. As for the throws, I've jut been gradually fucking around with it, hopefully it will develop. Given the advice from Optimus, about drawing in a rectangle, capital R, etc., I came up with these, so far, of course.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000214.jpg'>

Archived