recent sketches

Fate2*88

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Fate.

Like I said before, this was my first painting. I painted this at night along with two other friends. It was under this one bridge and it was almost pitch black. I had some light on the "A" and and a little on the "M". I couldn't really see what I was doing so I just did whatever. I'm not that good at throwups either. I just went to a wall and just did a throw up. I should've listened to my "mentor" when he said use black as a fill-in. But he and my other friend were using black fill-ins and I didn't want all our shit to look the same. So I used a white fill-in. Yeah, it was a bad idea since there was something already painted there. We didn't have rollers with us. Anyways, I couldn't see if I was filling shit in or not. I kept on switching caps around to see what was thick and what was thin. Ahh... alright, enough of the talk....

AMEK THROW-UP... :rolleyes:

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/edward/firstpaintingGOODVIEW.gif'>

Ahhh... doesn't it hurt the eyes? Anyways, I think I am going to go back and fix it. ... Or maybe I'll just let it be since it was only a throw up.

The painting came out better than I expected... I thought it was going to be worse since I couldn't see shit.

alright

peace!

AMEK

I'm going to go painting again this weekend. =]

Not neccessarily, you are at the thin line between tasteful and overbearing, just be sure not to step over it. I'm by no means a king, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but it would be a shame to see all the time and effort you devoted to solid letters go out the window for a few connections and add ins. I think you're well within reason as it is, also your painted piece seems to be simple which is good.

Amek, I didn't mean my statements to be a 'put-down' or offensive at all, it's just that in my city daytime bombing is just plain crazy. The bomb you did was pretty damn good for a first time bomb, you can be sure my first did not look nearly that good. Just work on efficiency and style, the two seem opposed and finding balance is key. A throwup is not a piece, but at the same time it needs to jump out at you. Keep it up...

Thanks Milton, I know what you're saying about my letters. I was trying to take it up a level, you know. I try to use only the necessary connections, and I don't even start to put arrows in. My devotion to solid letters was there because I needed to learn solid letters. Now that I learned them, I was just expanding a little bit. Thanks for the advice and I'll keep the Line in mind.

dude riak that is a huge improvement over that white one, its pretty clean and the lettters look like your sketch. is that your 2nd painting on a wall? thats the 2nd ive seen, and to be a 2nd painting its really good stuff none of the lines are horendous, but the red dots either need to be bigger or not there. they kinda look like chicken pox cause theyre so small, but overall ALOT of improvement

RIAK, that one is good too. Although I liked your first painted simple better. Maybe it was the colors...

Ummm... In your recent painted simple, your "I" sort of looks like a "T". I know it's an "I" but if someone were to walk by they would probably think it's a "T". It's pretty good though. Your style resembles this other person who paints in my city. I'm not sure if he writes anymore though. I'll post his painted simple later if you'd like to see it. Keep painting man.

Wall-Mart paint looks pretty good...

peace!

AMEK

ps_ Milton, I did not take what you said offensive at all. I appreciate what you said and I'll take it into consideration. Thanks.

Oh yeah RIAK, when you paint do you have like your blackbook or any of your sketches with you? Or do you just go up to a wall and freestyle yor shit because you are good with your letters? And do you paint in daylight? Nonetheless, it's pretty good. Keep us updated.

peace!

AMEK

Yeah Amek post the style that looks similar, I'd like to see exactly how similar, so I know if I would need to change or not.

And yes, I had a sketch with me, looking at it only if I forgot the formation of a letter or something. I crumpled the sketch because I didn't really care for it. It's the blue one I posted in outlines.

Once again, yes, I painted it in daylight. In fact, I painted it earlier today and got the flic in the afternoon.

I plan to use my leftover paint sometime soon, so if I go out, I will get another flik for yall.

That piece was very much an improvement and very well executed for a second piece. That looks a lot better than my second piece or maybe even my 5th or 6th piece. Don't listen to Micro, he's and idiot and I'm sure his second piece looked like shit compared to that, thank you and good day...

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by mikro137

no matter what angle its shot at , it still looks like a 5 year old painted it.

draw a bath , and draw it soon.

Ignore this kid. He is full of shit.

One thing that I notice about your piece was the...The bottom of your letters are not consisted. (spelled it wrong). Your "R" and Your "K" hit the floor but notice how in the middle letters of the piece are in mid air sort to say and they have shading under them. You should make all letters realte to one another hitting the floor I say based on the style you are trying to use. I have to say, your start is waaaaaaaay better than mines in my first year at piecing. Too bad I don't have flick to show it.

RIAK THAT IS SICK MAN.......HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE??....I HAVE ONLY USED PAINT ABOUT 5 TIMES........I HAVE DONE 2 DUBS, A LOT OF THROW UPS AND LOADS OF BOMBS AND IM STILL REALLY CRAP......DO YOU MIND IF I POST MY PICS COS I REALLY NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE.........PEACE

Thanks to yall for the comments and tips. I'll keep them in mind for next time. I'm not going to ignore mikro, he's just coming with some motivation, and I thank him for that. But I'm glad yall like it and thanks for the comments.

Hovie, thanks, and it took aproximately an hour and a half. I timed it. I'm not sure if I'm the person to give advice, but go ahead and post your flics, because you never know, I might be able to say something.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by Fate2*88

Don't worry mikro I will get better with the style, and with the color. -Thanks-

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000159.jpg'>

i like you alot now. you dont take me soooo deep to heart , and you see that im just trying to help (which honestly i am...) thank you for being civil. keep it up , you are way better than i was at your age/point in carrear

Archived