recent sketches

Fate2*88

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Kise good eyes they are crayolas. And yes, I hate them very much. I've been looking around for places with prismas, but color isn't all that important to me if it's just a blackbook.

And Klue the coloring on that is ok, but if you haven't been doing graff for long, remember practice makes perfect.

Here's one i put together really fast. Kind of drifts away from my previous posts, so criticize it all yall want. I just felt like I should post it anyway.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000123.jpg'>

Yeah Kise good eyes they are crayolas. And yes, I hate them very much. I've been looking around for some prismas. I probably won't color any until I get some.

And Klue, the coloring on that one is alright, but if you haven't been writing long just remember, practice makes perfect, practice practice practice.

Here's one I put together really fast. It kind of drifts away from my previous posts, so criticize it all yall want. I just felt like I should post it anyway.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000123.jpg'>

if your looking for prismas then any local art store should have them, i could practicly make a living off rackin them. you also might be able to find some good deals on new prisma packs on ebay, thats where alot of people sell there stolen prismas, and if you wold want to buy some from me i could hook a brother up, just email me if your interested

Joker i can point out so many things wrong with the " T" you drew.

first of all its not colored.

secondly it wasnt followed by or in an actual word/name.

thirdly you didnt post more.

fourthly........uh you didnt post more

fifthly..... damn uh nevermind.

and stinkink....gets style is very similar to mine. tell him less 3d and lines that cross through. focus more on thinner letters, and if you must cross the lines keep it simple and tie up all ends. leave no circles unclosed.....it just dont look right(i should know).

now taking donations to get a scanner or digital camera thingy

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000140.jpg'>

WOW, REALLY feeling that style man, its not the greatest thing ever but its deffinetly my favorite of yours. The extentions on the "I" are hot and work great with the "R" but on the bottom left extension of the "I" covers up the bottom of the "A" so it almost looks like a 4, you should find a way to fit the "A" in, doesnt really make it bad tho. The "K" is alright, but it looks like a "B'" to me, mainly just from the top extension on it. DEFINETLY keep up that style for a while, its lookin good.

Thanks Kise. I changed the top extension on the K, moved it to the left. I will stick with this style for a while because I'm starting to find all new kinds of stuff to do to it. Tomorrow I plan to take it up a level, "full throttle" if you will. Here's one I made with the advice you gave me.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000141.jpg'>

Thanks

Thanks yall, I'll keep it up, improving in different areas each time. Thanks Shade for the coloring tip, it's appreciated. And yeah it is one of my first, so I have a while to go. Next time I go out, with a new piece I will make necessary corrections and 'kick it up a notch.'

definetly a great first piece. when i first started painting, i started with actual painting, i didnt sketch at first, and trust me mine was a whole lot worse then that. in fact it was hidious, if i have a chance somtime i might go take a pic of that stuff.... anyway judging by your sketches, i dont think i really need to leave any feedback, cause it looks like you know what you need to fix. go painting as much as you sketch and youll be fucking ridiculous in a year

Good Looks Man...

Yo RIAK, my first time painting was the past Sunday. I painted a throwup and it was like at 11:30 pm. It was also under this one bridge and shit was pretty dark. Plus , it was cold at night [gay newengland] and my finger were sort of fucked. Another thing that was fucked up was that I painted it too big. I mean I'm glad it was big but I didn't want it to be that big. I kept on switching caps to see what was best for me, which made it look sort of "booty".I didn't want to paint a piece because my "mentor" said I should get throw-ups down first.

But damn... for a first piece, I think your shit is good. What did you paint with? [brand name of paint and the caps] And when did you paint? [11 am, 12 am, etc.] I am definetly going to go painting again at the same place but this time when there is sunlight. If it's ok with you I'll post what I painted...

Good stuff Riak.

peace!

AMEK

First of all, Props on your dedication and improvement. It looks like you've been working hard at it, and it's paying off definitely. Your semi simple stuff is really dope, but do not get carried away with arrows, connections and other outside things, remember to maintain strong letters, Like Joker was telling you, keep your letters smooth and flowing. On the painting end of things, try and make the individual lines quickly, you can't take longer than you need to or it causes drips and all sorts of ugly things. Otherwise, practice, can control is all confidence, and confidence comes from practice. I don't know what kind of tips you are using but you might want to invest in new york thins.

Keep up the good work...

PS... Dr. Suess, throwups should generally be done with a fat cap, sometimes it's hard to get control over those but once you do the benifits are endless... Also, with throwups the point is to cover as much space as quickly as you can, and not worry so much about coverage etc... In 99.9999% of circumstances, daytime bombing is a bad bad idea, don't confuse throwups with pieces, it doesn't have to be perfect...

That will be all...

In 99.9999% of circumstances, daytime bombing is a bad bad idea,

I live in a small city. But I'll just take your word and just go at night. On Monday, I went to go take pictures of what we painted. When I got there, no one was around and I wished I had my cans with me... So that's why I said what I said.

don't confuse throwups with pieces, it doesn't have to be perfect...

Oh... I just wanted my shit to look good. I'm not good at throw ups either. I'm usually sketching pieces and straight up letters. But now I'm practicing throw ups. Alright, thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.

peace!

AMEK

Re: Paint

Originally posted by Fate2*88

I searched for a 'toys post here' type of thread in Brickslayers, but I did not find one made for amateur painters. I definitely did not want to start a thread with just one flic, so I will post it here.

I know it's crummy, but how about some feedback anyway. Thanks.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366163f00000147.jpg'>

I see future talent and promise...

Dr Suess, I painted with the cheapest paint I could find at Walmart, it was Color Palace for 94 cents a can. I used stock caps, one rusto fat, and a cap I took off a miniwax aerosol witch had a SUPER wide spray, like 2 inches wide.

Milton, thanks for the painting tips, I appreciate it. But when you told me not to get carried away with connections and arrows, did you mean I should take my last few sketches down a bit, or what? Thanks.

And thanks Flame, I do plan to improve more, over time.