Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ModelCitizen

Outlines

Recommended Posts

Hot jacket man, what'd you paint it with? A lot of punk rockers spend serious time on their leather jackets and that shit looks badass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Nekro

Hot jacket man, what'd you paint it with? A lot of punk rockers spend serious time on their leather jackets and that shit looks badass.

 

Thanks NEKRO.

 

I layed a swatch of frisket over the sketch to cut a stencil then I applied it to the jacket.

 

Next, I layed down the color blend in aerosols and detailed it with a sharpie and paint markers then a couple coats of clear acryic spray.

 

It took about 2 hours. Most of which was waiting for the areosol blends to dry.

 

I would have freaked some designs in the fill but I was pressed for time.

 

 

Nice stuff RIAK. I see you've learned the benefits of bending your bars.

Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rekal i really dig that filth outline

 

my only comment i would make is that the shape of the pieces outlined by the shell are about the same size and feel as the parts that make up your letters.

 

maybe its just me but id think if you played with either the proportion of forms of those pieces itd contrast with your piece rather then flattening it out.

 

because for some reason to my eye.. it really flattens the effect of the 3-d.

 

id like to know if im completely out of the ball park or im not crazy and maybe theres some truth to this pudding im eating..

because this pudding is delicious.

..i think its tapioca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Al Green

rekal i really dig that filth outline

 

my only comment i would make is that the shape of the pieces outlined by the shell are about the same size and feel as the parts that make up your letters.

 

maybe its just me but id think if you played with either the proportion of forms of those pieces itd contrast with your piece rather then flattening it out.

 

because for some reason to my eye.. it really flattens the effect of the 3-d.

 

id like to know if im completely out of the ball park or im not crazy and maybe theres some truth to this pudding im eating..

because this pudding is delicious.

..i think its tapioca.

 

i understand what your pointing out. but to me it just doesnt flatten the effect on the 3d. im not trying to say that your wrong. but in my eyes it looks normal. thanks for the input non the less i'll keep that in mind for future reference. tapioca is quite the treat.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by PAID<LSA>216

Thanks NEKRO.

 

I layed a swatch of frisket over the sketch to cut a stencil then I applied it to the jacket.

 

Next, I layed down the color blend in aerosols and detailed it with a sharpie and paint markers then a couple coats of clear acryic spray.

 

It took about 2 hours. Most of which was waiting for the areosol blends to dry.

 

I would have freaked some designs in the fill but I was pressed for time.

 

 

Nice stuff RIAK. I see you've learned the benefits of bending your bars.

Keep up the good work.

 

whats frisket

 

riak.... your shit is hot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...