How do *you* waste the boss's time?

Dirty_habiT

Me? Like right now, I'm sitting at home on the computer when I'm supposed to be making a service call. And my coworker is over wasting time at his house, I'm fixing to leave to go pick him back up and then we're gonna go work. I pretend to work, my boss pretends to pay me. Are any of you people good time wasters? I know it's immoral and all and I should care about work ethics. The sad reality is, that I don't, and I'm getting paid right now, and I will never get fired. Post em up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

letting the temps do my work while i pretend to look over papers

use the cutting wires to carve futuristic plasma rifles out of styrofoam

using the cutting wires to make shurikens out of styrofoam then hide between the huge blocks of foam and act out ninja clan wars with my coworkers.

accidently lose parts to the wrapping machine in my pocket..

.....sweep...hahahaha sweep at a factory job

leave three hours early and have a coworker clock me out when th shift ends

office jobs make it very easy to look busy while actually doing nothing. When the boss comes by I just make sure I'm shuffling paper on my desk, or scanning through statements on the computer, or searching through the filing cabinet. he doesnt need to know I'm not actually doing anything.

and whenever possibly follow the george costanza method. if you look really irritated and upset all the time people will think you're really busy and stop bothering you. works like a charm.

^ the mess is key.

You always need to have something to shake or rattle

as if you're desperately searching for a very important

file that needs to hit outgoing mail today.

My plan... I have this book that I write all types of work notes in

so I'll just move from one room to the next when someone's coming

down the hall. Easy as pie.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

^ the mess is key.

my desk is a well organized mess. it looks as though I am constantly a week behind in my work. thats not entirely untrue either. The best part of my job is constantly having a backlog of non essential work. shit that could sit there for a year if I wanted it to. That way, if it comes down to it, most of that work can become VERY VERY URGENT and require all my attention if another project comes looking for some help.

Oh, and since I'm supposed to be around the whole office all day, nobody ever notices if I'm missing. people on two think I'm on one. and people on one think I'm on two. its fucking brilliant.

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

sweep at a factory job

That's a time waster and a half... hahaha. I also take apart appliance parts for the fuck of it, and to know how they work, when there's nothing to do. Wasting time is my job.... and paying me for it is my boss's job. It sure is great. Having an office job would be easy to waste time at too. Oh and Rage, you're a goody two shoes.

:lick:

Guest im not witty

ok i was going to post a picture of bruce springsteen and write the boss does not appreciate his time wasted.....but fatcap hosting is down.

so just imagine how funny that would/wouldn't have been.

Originally posted by im not witty

so just imagine how funny that would/wouldn't have been.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's really funny in my mind!

<span style='color:black'>When i was about 16 i got this job at this super huge grocery store. The place had to have over 75 employees easily. So my thinking was; If i go in here and dont attract any attention to myself, I should be able to come clock in and then go do something else for the rest of the day. This worked out excelently for about 3 months when one of them caught me getting one of my mad overtime paychecks and were like "Who the hell are you?" What a great job. </span>

its hard to *waste* the bosses time when you work at a resteraunt. because if you fuck around youre really just fucking over the costomer, whitch isnt really a very good idea.

so.

i guess my equvilent world be wastin other things such as much needed iced tea and chesse for the soup right?

guess what im having for dinner tonight....

Originally posted by $360

its hard to *waste* the bosses time when you work at a resteraunt. because if you fuck around youre really just fucking over the costomer, whitch isnt really a very good idea.

so.

i guess my equvilent world be wastin other things such as much needed iced tea and chesse for the soup right?

guess what im having for dinner tonight....

half the time I run the shifts so its my time that is getting wasted...lately my big thing is to get everyone else working and I will do something that looks important but really isn't, get it done and go smoke outback....fuck restaurant work

Originally posted by krie

i normaly just cruise around 12oz and other sites too

for the most part this is all i do all day. so needless to say, when 12oz sucks my day seems to drag by. the nice thing about where i'm working now is that there isn't anyone else in the room i work in, and it's out of the way too with a code lock on the door. it's rare for anyone to come knocking and when they do it's never for me. wasting away online....it's dirty non-work.

Archived