Fear and Loathing

Jackson

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fearnl1.jpg'>

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fearnl2.jpg'>

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fllv3.jpg'>

A 12oz Homage to one of the greatest movies.

Some quotes:

"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."

"Narrator: We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Narrator: Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:

Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!

Acosta: Did you say something?

Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.

Narrator: No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

(Duke is the narrator...)

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

"Know your dope fiend! Your life may depend on it! You won't be able to see his eyes from tea shades, and his knuckles will be white from inner-tension, and, his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking-off when he can't find a rape victim."

"Ah, devil ether. It makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor function. Blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue. The mind recoils in horror, unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interesting because you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it."

" The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I thought the movie was kinda stupid. I mean, c'mon... who gives a fuck about how many drugs those guys had. Right now, I couldn't even tell you what the movie was about, or what the message was on a whole at the end. Because it was uninteresting from the beginning, I'm sure there are those of you who will disagree with my opinion, but you'd just be wrong if you did.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I thought the movie was kinda stupid. I mean, c'mon... who gives a fuck about how many drugs those guys had. Right now, I couldn't even tell you what the movie was about, or what the message was on a whole at the end. Because it was uninteresting from the beginning, I'm sure there are those of you who will disagree with my opinion, but you'd just be wrong if you did.

read the book...i personally loved this movie..johhny depp is a great actor and plays his part perfect..

" The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

a-fucking-men

one day i will get motivated and create my bumper sticker:

WWHD (what would hunter do)

a slap in the face of the neo-christians.....

Archived