Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
seeking

godspeed you black emporer! appreciation thread.

i go to bed every night listening to them.

super dope. they kill it live as well.

if you dont know, ask somebody.

Guest im not witty

i will take this oppurtunity to say that "HORSE the band" is the geatest thing since sliced bread. maybe since i was just turned on to them im caught up in the novelty.... But shit. if you like hardcore type genres of music and are nostalgic for nintendo 8 bit tracks. wow.

oh yea godspeed is good too, everysong is a swaying sea or rollercoaster of rock. fucking rock that is.

Not to derail the thread because Godspeed You Black Emperor is great, but HORSE (the band) is absolutely amazing. Im Not Witty knows what's up. Download some of their shit a.s.a.p. if you haven't already.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

recommend specific songs, if i like those then ill gladly give it all a listen.

Guest im not witty

yes i am grateful to those who list bands that i would never hear about otherwise. most of the good songs i found from HTB were on soulseek. and have long elaborate names like legend of the last zygon water nymphologicon, or some weird shit.

and to once again steer back towards the topic, the godspeed you black emporer song i am listening to right now is moya.

aye, some band alright, amazing live, the super 8 stuff and stills they use when they play really fit the music...some of the other bands on Constellation are worth checking too, A Silver Mount Zion is a side-project with just 3 members of Godspeed, more strings and a bit mellower, the LP 'He Has Left Us Alone...' is well recommended

what little ive heard from horse the band, made me want to gay bash them.

keep that shit out of my thread. wack bastards.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

recommend specific songs, if i like those then ill gladly give it all a listen.

"Sleep"

Give that one a try.

to pull out specific songs with this band is tuff....

they put out cds with 4 songs, like 20 minutes a song......

they require a certain taste of music and a certain mood but they are a great band to just sit and listen too....

i myself like sketching to the cds.....

beardo should be in here any moment.......

yeah, thanks to beardo for letting me know about these guys like 2 years ago or something...what a guy.

'Sleep' is the jam. As is the 'Dead Flag Blues'.

I slightly regret passing up the opp. to see these guys live..

And 'For Want Of' by Rites of Spring is the greatest song ever written.

Greatly appreciated. All praise in this thread is on point. As far as specific songs go, I would say just download one and listen to it. They're all good. And word to sketching to gybe! , that's divine.

Guest beardo

to steal someone elses comment..

"GYBE is the soundtrack to a rainy day"

i dont know the names of any songs, but that 2 track EP with the dude ranting about going to court is my favorite.

my pick is 'MOYA'

thats the track beards is talking about, with the guy ranting about court.

wow seeking.. i just listened to that sleep song.. and it gives me one of two feelings.. either i should (as you do) fall asleep listening to it.. or 2. start a crazy hardcore drug habit dope shit though

i don't see the point in downloading their songs. i'm glad that i've bought their stuff because of the packaging - screenprinted sleeves, a canadian penny flattened by a train etc. amazing. plus the vinyl version of f#a#infinity probably can't be found online...

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by seeking

my pick is 'MOYA'

thats the track beards is talking about, with the guy ranting about court.

My favorite GSYBE song.. Along with the one with the Native American man talking about how 'the car is on fire and there is no driver at the wheel...' I think its 'Dead Flag Blues'.

What do you guys think of their latest album, 'Yanqui U.X.O.'? I think its good but I like their older stuff better.

I would give my third nipple to see them live. *sigh*

Guest beardo

uxo is good. didnt blow me away. i think its track 2 that i liked most. i misplassed my disc so i cant be sure.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this