the sorry state of pop music right now

RumPuncher

pop music's been on the decline in the us for some time now. it's all part of the musical cycle. i don't consider myself a big fan of pop or even hip hop really but i listen to the radio. pop has reached the top and gone over on itself. it'll just take some time for shit to get spiced back up.

independents labels are still on the come up. i don't think a plateau has been reached on this level yet. i don't think a majority of lyrically strong emcees have really had a chance to shine yet.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im surprised none of that whiney ass punk was on the list...i didnt like green day the first time they came out why the hell do i want to listen to the same crap 10 years later?sometimes i feel like i could just kill every member of good charllote..as far as the rap collabo/r&b for the white kids goes,im so sick of this crap..rappers always got to have a no talented wannabe whitney houston singing in there songs..are there no rappers who make there on songs w/o guest appearances by p-diddy or some other loser who has way to much money?only thing on the list that i liked was MATCHBOX TWENTY..do you know why?because they actually play there own instruments..wow what a concept....music is in a really depressing state right now i never turn the radio on..just now a co- worker walked up and asked me ,as i was typing this..if i knew who seether was??should i?cause i have no clue...

I mostly agree with you there, kilo – the ones I don’t agree with you on are the ones that I haven’t even heard, like Chingy. Well done. I also hate all these rnb songs that are based on classic hip hop songs. Like that “you got me shook” song, and Mary J Blige’s rip off of that Magnum Force “I Ain’t Havin’ That” beat. I wouldn’t even know these songs if it weren’t for my painting partner’s cd changer in the car being broken.

I was telling my girl yesterday how odd it is that The Roots’ song and video What They Do came out nearly ten years ago, and nobody seemed to get the message. There is still an assembly line of this shit coming out. And fuck Fabolous – he’s just another Jadakiss wannabe who fronts like he’s got mint girls and mink carpets. Cha, right.

Anyway, keep the people down by making the girls all sluts with low self-esteems, and the guys with no self respect because they live in not the best neighbourhood and don’t drive a certain car.

When I was 13, I listened to some pop, but it wasn’t this type of shit. Oh, Public Enemy and Ice Cube were my favourite when I was that age. Blame it on the kids, the parents, and the white record companies and the house Negroes that work for them with all smiles.

Whatever happened to that grimey shit called gangster rap? For real, I give it up to people like Tragedy Khadafi. Now that’s a rapper.

“TURN OFF THE RADIO!” – Ice Cube

dont worry spike.... I just haven't done that for a while

and I knew you;d be a good sport about it. And no one

pulls that off it one of my threads. jokes man... we cool.

^172 characters long

so anyone know if the Billboard chart is an accurate guage as

to what people are actually buying in the stores and hearing on

the radio? I think that basing it on air time is a crock because

that just force feeds us the junk untill we think it's worth buying.

Tell me clearchanel Dj's dont get a bonus if they manage to pack

a clearchanel venue with fans for a mediocore act.

^586 characters

* I've been at this a long time spike-o

Originally posted by Weapon X

and Mary J Blige’s rip off of that Magnum Force “I Ain’t Havin’ That” beat.

its originally a Tribe Called Quest beat.

ok then... we'll call truce.

only because this thread had great quality and I dont want it going to shit.

(and You need a least 40 characters to really take a page2 ;) )

Conclusion...

Originally posted by Kilo7-

dont worry spike.... I just haven't done that for a while

and I knew you;d be a good sport about it. And no one

pulls that off it one of my threads. jokes man... we cool.

^172 characters long

so anyone know if the Billboard chart is an accurate guage as

to what people are actually buying in the stores and hearing on

the radio? I think that basing it on air time is a crock because

that just force feeds us the junk untill we think it's worth buying.

Tell me clearchanel Dj's dont get a bonus if they manage to pack

a clearchanel venue with fans for a mediocore act.

^586 characters

We had good fun,gives me something to do on a boring night when Im bored. My main objective was to keep my edited picture on page 2, but looking back it wasnt worth it.

^172 characters long

Coming back on topic, the Billboard chart is odd.. it can only be as accurate as the information it's fed. Do you know whether it tracks airplay on ALL radio stations across the country, or only a selected sample? However you're right, it is all an elaborate scheme... More airtime = higher Billboard, higher Billboard = more sales, more sales = more airtime.

Im too good, only a minimum of effort was needed...

^586 characters

Archived