the sorry state of pop music right now

RumPuncher

Just out of curiosity I decided to check out the Billboard hot 100...

so I'll break down the top 20 and tell you why everything is going to shit.

1 Shake Ya Tailfeather, Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee

Nelly needs to just stop making music, and to think he's still wearing

that bandaid even though everyone laughs at it. He's like that kid

in grade school who has to wear plastic pee pants but he honeslty

believes that they're cool just like Mom says. Go back to St.Louis and stay there.

2 Crazy In Love, Beyonce Featuring Jay-Z

Too damn catchy. That dum-pa-dummnn riff needs to get out of my head.

Otherwise this track leans way top heavily on some Donna Summer,

disco strings vibe for my personal taste. And I'm jealous of Jay-z.

You know why! Dont tell me you aren't!

3 Right Thurr, Chingy

Ok... I did like this track for about 30 minutes.

It's catchy but it really slides downhill after the 300th time they play it.

and maybe it's just my lack of ghetto-fabulousness... but what a thurr?

4 P.I.M.P., 50 Cent

ummm.... nope. Snoop is a pimp, you sing hooks. That's it.

5 Into You, Fabolous Featuring Tamia Or Ashanti

If they dont even know who sings on the track,

why the hell should I care. It's almost interchangable anyways.

6 Get Low, Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins

I just cant take the ying yangs seriously after 'whistle while you twerk'.

Could someone please slip some knockout drugs into that goblet

Lil Jon is always carying around, and give Elvis back his shades.

7 Frontin', Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z

Not so bad, but dont think I'm forgiving jay-z.

8 Unwell, matchbox twenty

What the hell? A rock and roll song. oh...

so it's not really rock, but it's still 'one of these things just doesn't belong'

9 Baby Boy, Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul

Beyonce I still love you, but must everyone toss a little SeanPaul

into their tracks these days? Sure he sings the hooks and isn't that

bad a performer, but I'm getting tired of the flavor of the day.

hey Sean, Supercat called and he wants his job back.

10 Where Is The Love?, Black Eyed Peas

Great group... bad single. Where's the love?

I'm sure there's better tracks on the disc but this was a bad pic

for a single. It's softer than 'What they do' by the Rotts without the irony.

These guys have great tracks but this one... meh?

11 In Those Jeans, Ginuwine

Oh no.. this motherfucker's still making music?

I can't say I've head the song but I bet it will be played in really

low rent peeler bars for at least the next 4 months. Maybe I'll hear

it for myself next time I'm watching the rippers. Song redeemed.

12 Never Leave You - Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh!, Lumidee

ok shit... this is the entire reason I started this thread.

What the hell is that supposed to be? Singing? I dont think so.

The clicky beat's okay and busta is second only to seanjohn in the

'guest cameo' department, but what the fuck is that singing?

Listen to the tones of the chorus... what the hell is going on.

Somewhere a whole generation of Harlem jazz singers are crying untill

they laugh... or laughing untill they cry.

13 My Love Is Like... Wo, Mya

Mya doesn't need to make sexy songs about her ass.

She's got good vocal skills and writes (or sings) decent songs.

but her ass is fine too. This one stays.

14 Drift Away, Uncle Kracker Featuring Dobie Gray

Say what? Sorry 'Uncle Kracker'... you're obviously in the wrong place.

15 Like Glue, Sean Paul

I really dislike rappers telling me how much pussy they get.

Barry White didn't brag about getting pussy, he just told it like it is.

Rick James got superfreaky but it was all directed to one lucky lady.

Whatever.. this is his 3rd single this year right? Force feeding us

the tracks untill we puke, like glue.

16 Are You Happy Now?, Michelle Branch

ummm... is she cute? ummm maybe. softcore girlie pop.

at least it not Avril.

17 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett

Ok... these aging rockers must have some big mortages to pay off.

I happen to dig Jimmy and his Margarita music so this one will get

a few points from me... but please parrotheads... I dont want to hear

this track at ever beach themed bar across the country. s'okay?

18 Let's Get Down, Bow Wow Featuring Baby

Hey Bow Wow... you're 16! I know you probably get the girls and

have a little fun, but you Mom is your executive producer and your

album is clean like Will Smith lyrics. So pick a side. Either you play

with the big boys like Baby and talk about really getting down, or

you stick with the pre-teen market that made you. Dont sit on the fence.

19 Rock Wit U (Awww Baby), Ashanti

Wasn't that a Michael Jackson track? Disposable.

20 Forever And For Always, Shania Twain

Another not-urban song? Oh right... you're either an old novlety act

or a hot woman to make it onto this chart if you dont rap. Shania is

cleary going to have her career span both of those categories,

but not at the same time. And when'd you stop singing country?

Thats like Celine not singing in French... or maybe not as bad.

whatever.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Heh, you know Kilo, I didn't even know the names of those "artists" that made some of those songs until I read this post. Remind me to never go into the music store and look at the best sellers either. There's very very few musicians that I will willingly grace my ears with. Maybe I'm a snotty bastard, but then again, maybe I dislike music that's made by the likes of untalented dumfux that are signed by some other dumfuk that's got a label and money to pay for coreographed music vids. Geez, how "the media" sucks.... radio, tv.... the internet is even wearing on my patience at times, but I deal, I deal.....

:lick:

well goodnight noum.

I think that this oversaturation of rap (farmerly known as hiphop)

into the pop charts will only hurt the genre in the long term. Sure

there's more exposure to the music, but there's also a big exposure

to McDonalds in most cities and that doesn't make for many vegetarians.

Are all these acts really selling that many records that they deserve this credit? 50 Cent is a retard. Chingy or whatever his name is found a hook and is baiting everybody with it. Like a Seinfeld episode. The rest I don't recognize names or song titles but I've no doubt heard the music at work. Everyone and their daughter listens to the -Jammin'- radio station all day long. I swear, if I have to hear that Crazy In Love song much longer I'm break something. And I don't know who it is that sings the song about loving a girl like a fat kid loves cake... but if these are the kinds of lyrics that make a star... I'd like to become a millionaire and hire Gangstarr, Slick Rick and Rakim to teach classes.

I Want You, Thalia Featuring Fat Joe

EMI Latin | 47305* | Virgin

this is the worst peice of fuck ive ever. it makes me want to die the most horrible death ever.

and yet im strangly intrigued......

Heh, Joker, get this.... I got the new Gangstarr cd the other day.... and I take it over to my dumb naive gangster friend's house.... what was I thinking, anyway, he *proceeds* to say gangstarr sucks, and puts in an old jay-z album. Everyone in the room was like, "boooo" even his girlfriend. It's those kind of dumb people that perpetuate the stupid music played on the radio. They're the ones that go and vote for that nasty I wish my ears were bleeding wigg hop. Yes, I'm gonna start coining that term... "Wigg Hop"

Because they've found ways to make enough bitchmade love songs to where they can weasel every guy's girl into wanting the new gimp hop album by so and fucking so. Even the "butt rockers" like the shit hop they play on the radio now.... it's shit in it's most complete form.

.....and excellent thread Kilo.... normally subjects don't pique me as much, but this is a good one.

I'd also like to add that this is running the name of hip hop through the mud for those of us that really know the deal.... You can ask anyone today on the street, "Do you like hip hop?" They'll be like, "Yeah, Puffy's real good, lil' flip and lil' wayne, they're bad ass...." Nobody get pissed, I just threw some names out there. I'm gonna stop raping this thread now, I'm done.

If you cant beat em join em, fuck underground shit, it always breaks my heart when people like your younger sister are all batty eyed over the Black Eyd Peas or Tribe. It get much worse. Stop worrying about how much they sell, and stop trying to hoard your underground gems. Its just fucking music and I really dont care how smart Chingy is. I have no problem jiving to a gay 50 cent remix, at least I wont die young and whiny.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BigOatser

If you cant beat em join em, fuck underground shit, it always breaks my heart when people like your younger sister are all batty eyed over the Black Eyd Peas or Tribe. It get much worse. Stop worrying about how much they sell, and stop trying to hoard your underground gems. Its just fucking music and I really dont care how smart Chingy is. I have no problem jiving to a gay 50 cent remix, at least I wont die young and whiny.

That gets a big fat DING.

Hip pop forever.

that BEP song is fresh. their album, elephunk, is the hotness.

"Great group... bad single."

not necessarily a bad single. i guess the manager(s) chose that song because it was positive and people in the mainstream culture would enjoy it much. especially since justin timberlake does the chorus. damn good song though.

and the female is in the group, yes.

Originally posted by BigOatser

i remember catching a Black Eyed Peas show around 97ish....at the time they only had one single(Fallin' Up). they must of done that song like 10 times that night. and, there couldn't have been much more than 100 people at that show........damn, things sure change.

Guest rob deer

just a thought...

What were you listening to when you were 13? DO NOT BLAME THE 13 YEAR OLDS. I guarantee it was total crap unless you had really cool parents.

what is shocking and appaling and intriguing at the same time is that all this crap, the videos in particular, are creating a social script for dumber 13 year old sluts to wear tube tops to school. that little white girl from missy elliot's work it video probably single handedly influenced tons of other tv raised kids to be just a litttle looser. Thats some shit that's never happened before.

"these kids today"

and yo, is that fabulos song another sampled phil collins beat?

not exactly the same arrangement but sounds like "another day in paradise"

lemme back up though...did you see bone screaming at phil collins in that one video?!?

Kilo7-

Hey, agreed fella..But this is what I was saying b4, American hip-hop doesn`t exist anymore, in the 80`s the rappers dj`s had a edge to em, nobody really new who they were etc, now their never off T.V be it Celebrity Cribs etc..It`s shit!! It`s all about money, it`s not for the Love of the music..In a way i`m glad that the music industry didn`t pick up on hip hop here, they never gave anyone a chance, so it always stayed underground which is good for the listener good for the music but obviously the performer aint getting much money..I think the only U.k hip hop to be signed to a big label in the late 80`s was **Hijack** who were signed by Ice T Rhyme Syndicate..

Oh yeah and Fuck Mobb Deep too, another played out pile of shit now, they should be embarrassed to release the last few albums..It all stopped after Hell On Earth..

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by rob deer

just a thought...

What were you listening to when you were 13?

Lets see:

I dunno man, the popest thing in my 13's was nirvana..i dont give a shit about them right now but they've been more 'serious' about music than all the list kilo posted together.

yeah, Ive been avoiding this thread, only cause of my stance on music I guess, Cause this is a damn good thread, I cant stand most of music today, and im not one of those underground whores, thats just like im cool I listen to underground, I just listen to music I like, and artists whome I think are actual musical artists. I cant stand being around most of my friends though that listen to that type of shit, granted I dont hang out with them that much anymore, but I dont know, I dont listen to music to get my jiggy thing going, I listen to music that inspires.

and Ive always been pretty serious about my music, even at 13, like Tess said Even Nirvana made real music, but shit I dont blame 13 yr olds, I blame the frat boy cunt who rides at 8 in the morning in his thugged out mustang bumping P-diddy, cause son that shit is gansta.

Re: Kilo7-

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Hey, agreed fella..But this is what I was saying b4, American hip-hop doesn`t exist anymore, in the 80`s the rappers dj`s had a edge to em, nobody really new who they were etc, now their never off T.V be it Celebrity Cribs etc..It`s shit!! It`s all about money, it`s not for the Love of the music..In a way i`m glad that the music industry didn`t pick up on hip hop here, they never gave anyone a chance, so it always stayed underground which is good for the listener good for the music but obviously the performer aint getting much money..I think the only U.k hip hop to be signed to a big label in the late 80`s was **Hijack** who were signed by Ice T Rhyme Syndicate..

Oh yeah and Fuck Mobb Deep too, another played out pile of shit now, they should be embarrassed to release the last few albums..It all stopped after Hell On Earth..

if you think american hip hop is dead you probably just don't know.i don't know if you judge it overseas through mtv, but there's so much underground stuff here you can't get over there i'm assuming.

why am i replying to this.....