Originally posted by CRACKHEAD23

you best be givin me the name to these shoes right now

hurry

hurry

hurry

hurrry

hurrrrrrrry

jesus christ... you ARE a crackhead

and ya.. those dadas are full blown wigger shoes... if i see some white kid wearing those with a fubu shirt, big chain, and a crooked lid piece.. id fuckin laugh at him and hit him with my car.. fuckin wiggers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

^I'm with you... I absolutely LOATHE all these damn hi-top retro Nikes and their stupid crazy colors. I don't like Nikes in general, but those have a special place in my vomit pit.

same here .. all nikes blow ass.. even the air force ones.:dazed: yeha i said it. air force ones blow. they have no use for anything, they are worthless.. the nike crosstainers are decent and the running shoes.. but fuck it..

NEW BALANCE TILL I DIE!!! BIIIOOTTCCHHHH!!!

New balance are dope, I like retro looking sneakers. Also, Reebok released some new colors of their Reebok classics that are real dope, like tans. I'm gonna go pick some up this Friday when I get paid. Here's what I bought two weeks ago, and I already scuffed them when I was drunk and wrastlin around.

http://jon.jbagroup.net/pix/shoes.jpg'>

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont know why you people hate on nike's so much...i see how their new mainstream stuff (most retro editions and all those basketball space crap) sucks ass, but in terms of durability, technology and comfort they always take the cake. Besides that they produce so many shoes for so many fields and uses that i find it impossible not to find a pair you totally dig.

PS. those DADA's are disgusting...whats with the fake polished wood thing? did Hyundai got in the shoe business?

Mamerro, i hear you on practicallity but still, i've been rockin laces since forever and i cant even remember the last time i had to tie em up.

I had the same pair of navyblue reebok classics up until yesterday when they finally bit the bullet, but I bought a reserve pair a few months ago so they got busted out, they will never go out of style and for 30 dollars they sure as hell beat those fucking retro refitted ones being sold for like 70 a pop

I also like New Balances, I bought a nice grey pair for about 40 dollars I use to run in, and occasionally for casual usage.

And as much as I dont like most of Nike,I have to agree They do make some solid ass athletic shoes (besides those retro editions and basketball space crap as you said /)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hey, I know what you mean by that, I think Nike is an amazing company in terms of technology and product quality. I own a copy of "Sole Provider", a book about the history of Nike basketball footwear, and I think it's incredible what they did.

I don't, however, like any of their aesthetics. I was involved in a footwear design project this summer and got to see the entire Nike catalog, every single year since the company's inception... thousands of shoes. I liked no more than 10 of them.

My biggest qualm is their insistence on placing their logo big as hell on virtually every shoe they make. I think it's a brilliant logo, maybe even the best logo ever... but I feel it looks ugly as hell on a foot. The lines of it just don't go with the shape, form, or motion of the foot. On the other hand, I feel Puma nailed it with their "swoosh"... the shape follows the form of the foot perfectly, and the forward-arc-stomp motion mimics the path of the foot as it walks. And the best thing is, it's not really their logo. If all Pumas had a huge cat on the sides, I'd hate them too.

As for laces... I never managed to get the "always tied" technique right. Tough to put on, the stiff laces would stretch, shit would fall off while running or dancing, etc... they never felt right. Laceless ones are made perfectly elastic so that they open up easy when you put em on, then snap back to hug your foot with just the right amount of tightness. Never had a slip-on fall off on me, and I give shoes a serious beating.

Those Dadas, hahahahahaha... what the hell were they thinking? I actually own a pair of Dadas (pseudo-sponsorship thing, got em for free), but they're pretty tasteful (Well, next to those up there ANYTHING is tasteful). Not something I'd buy, but what the hell. Beer,

El Mamerro

*Edit: I'd like to add that I think New Balances are damn great shoes, but again, WHY THE FUCK must they insist on placing a big fucking "N" on them?

Guest imported_Tesseract
if you can't use 'em for wearing they'd

be good as an ashtray.

HAHAHAAHA

They'be great holding a lousy fake cuban cigar....

Mamski, i almost forgot you dance...i stand corrected, i got no worries for laces because i'm a lazy bastard, by saying that i remembered that the last time i tightened my laces was when i was painting trains...one of the best tips when painting trains^

I liked and still do lots of nike's shoes. mostly running shoes, great color combos, dope function and their logo at the most discreet(sp) form....i love both pairs i posted. Another thing with nike is that they fit so good that even when you have your arguments when you see'em they look so much better on your feet. I agree that puma has the best big ass logo ever...and after that goes reebok and yoink is right..reebok ballistics are the only retro's worth getting and they come so cheap for beating the fuck out of everyother retro shoe. I have 5 pairs;)

Another thing with shoes is that the whole thing depends on what else you wear...those dadas...extra buggy pants...oversized football jersey....shhh, get a life.

Originally posted by Tesseract

...those dadas...extra buggy pants...oversized football jersey....shhh, get a life.

I may not wear dada shoes or football jerseys... but my pants are always buggy!

and maybe it's just me but I cant even think of those sneakers without this poping in my head...

http://www.sabine-mag.com/archive/images/duchamp.jpg'>

Putting wood on the sides of your shoes IS the return of Dada.

Archived