eonone

eonone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JayFo

damn onesecond... you really like rdiin this eon guys dick don't you? Your defendin every fuckin thing anyone even says. Wtf, is he ya best friend or some shti? Who the hell cares, he has some original/weird 3d abstract shit and you like it so much you have to defend him this much? come on man, it's fuckin gay.

yes jayfo, im riding his dick, i havent gotten off. you homo, im just defending him cuz he a friend of mine and people neednt talk shit if they cant back it up. its one thing to say "i dont like it" but another to say "that shit sucks it aint graff", one is an opinion, one is shit talkin. i think you can figure out which is which.

god damn im sick of the whole riding dick shit. its like you cant like somones shit without "riding his dick"

fuk all that

this shits ill. original to the max

and the "trying to hard to be original" comment was funny i because i think not enough people try to hard to be original or try to be original at all.

eon you fukin rock

Originally posted by wa5te_pHk

god damn im sick of the whole riding dick shit. its like you cant like somones shit without "riding his dick"

fuk all that

this shits ill. original to the max

and the "trying to hard to be original" comment was funny i because i think not enough people try to hard to be original or try to be original at all.

eon you fukin rock

how true, well said

• 2 weeks later...

this thread is funny.

i used to totally paint blobby abstract stuff. i had the worlds best intentions, and occasionally it came out alright, but in the end i couldnt escape the fact that it was blobby abstract stuff and not what i got into graffiti to do. it was a good thing to go through though. made me a much better painter, technically, and also taugth me a whole lot about how i look at things, and the graff i like. of course this was in 98, before the wave of 'abstract crap' that gripped the world in late 2000/01.

arguing over dudes name is silly. he's playing himself if he continues to write eonone, end of story. there are no ifs, ands or buts. there is no 'there are no rules to graff' comments, and there is no 'well i didnt know' explanations. you didnt know, no problem, now you do, change it. especially since you're not painting letters anyway, what the hells it matter what you claim it says? shit, tell people you write 'BRICK WALL'. i guarantee you'll never have to spend two months on the internet defending your choice, and trying to argue who should be adding a 'one' or a 'two' to the end.

i have a hard time trying to decide how i feel about people that paint stuff like this. on one hand, having been there, i know that there can be good intentions behind it all, and i can respect that. on the other hand, if its on a legal wall, and they're arent 'letters' (or atleast a proven ability to render letters) then its not graff to me...it's just...a mural. which i dont mind, theres a time and place for everything. i guess it all comes down to the persons attitude, and what they're attempting to accomplish.

for the most part, i think this cat has handled this whole thing fairly well. he's taken alot of abuse (mostly deserved i think) and has remained pretty level headed. however the cyber stamp licking that seems to be at hand is kind of a bummer. especially with the accusation that you ran around starting similar threads on other sites. if thats the case, thats pretty weak to me, and far more of a point of disrespect than your name, or your work. cheap fame is as the name implies; worthless.

as long as someone has dope letters when its time to do letter pieces, i dont care what they paint or where they paint it. but if youve got no letters, a bitten name, half assed technical ability, and some crazy idea that the world owes you respect because you've got a passport and a trust fund...well...hey man, do your thing i guess.

(and no eon, that wasnt directed at you, just at my thoughts about graff)

just my two cents on how i look at graff as a whole.

seeks/burnign more of the mans money

i like your comments...

i would have to say that when i paint im always trying to look at the last piece i did and try and do something a little different. it may look like "blooby abstract" letters but to me it does say eon or quad. i guess it would help if people understood my background. im an architect. i have a masters in architecture so when i design a piece it is much more than just some letters generated in a readable form. its so difficult to do any sort of 3-d style and not have people critize the fact that it might look like the masters (daim,loomit,totem). so when i paint i try to think about how i could shade differently and not do block 3-d styles that look like daim. or perspective volumes that look like loomit. the fact is that, you can only manipulate a letter e so many ways until it no longer looks like a letter at all, but something totally different, i would bet that a person could argue that no style is original that somewhere in some little town somebody has thought of the same thing as you. so then it comes down to how a person shades there pieces and construct a background that mathces there pieces.

i regret that there is another eon. so i will respect the old school and write eontwo.

i was lucky enough to live in europe and travel but that was only because i busted my ass, saved my money and got out of my hometown and experienced what life had to offer. (unfortunalty i dont have trust fund)... i wish!

-and i dont send my stuff out to other websites. or start any threads anyplace else, im not that obessed with my own self promotion. i just like painting with chill people.

ive gotton alot of shit for the way i paint. i had my ass kicked twice in berlin...(half was because i was an american) . its not tradition graff. but ill tell you what , graffitti is my therapy, and i cant live without out that feeling i get when im chilln at a dope spot with some talented writers.

i respect your comments... well formulated

peace

eon

quad

eace

eon,

i have very few pictures of my older stuff, and what i do have borders on the embaressing by present standards. but since i looked at it both then and now, as an experiment and an experience, i dont mind fumbling for a couple years. everything i was painting during that time was definitely far more out of emotional necessity than anything else. i was dealing with alot of personal stuff, and at the time, i found quite a release in both what i was painting, and the lack of respect i got for doing something different, in a place where different (still) isnt accepted. it became an excercise in 'letting go'. in painting something simply to paint it, and then cutting the umbilicle cord so to speak, allowing it to be dissed, gone over, whatever. during that time i was really heavily influenced by ABUSE. for about a year prior to seeing his stuff, i had been working on these ideas in my head, but had no idea how to get them out. once i saw his stuff, it completely blew the doors open for me. again, the stuff i was painting, in retrospect, was pretty poor. the 'letters' which at the time i defended as existing, were so far removed, that they were mere suggestions (and bad ones at that). but again, it was something to go through.

my stuff now, also i doubt you would find too exciting. its not at all flashy. for the last two years or so ive worked on nothing but straight letters, simples, etc. i'll still do an occasional 'abstract' sort of piece, but they're few and far between. sometimes i think i do them just so i dont feel like a 'quitter'. i hate looking at writers who completely changed up their style, and seeing nothing carrying over from their past work. it makes them look completely phoney. as if they either simply gave up, or sold out. personally, i think i did neither, i just realized i wasnt at this point qualified to accomplish what i was attempting to do.

live and learn.

anyway, that was a whole lot of yapping about nothing important.

im glad you didnt seem to take my reply as too offensive. as i re-read it just now, it came across alot harsher, and alot more pointed than i had intended. i wasnt really talking about you so much (even when using the word 'you') as i was just spouting off on my outlook at graff.

as far as the name thing goes, why do you need to be one, or two? be eon120, or eon 764. why even be a number? be eoner....hell, be eonadopolis. or, you could always simply be 'eon' with nothing else to add to it. since your stuff is not really letter dependent, why does it really even matter? the point is motion and asymetrical balance, not connections or even the letters themselves. bottom line, i think people took offense to the one, alot more than the eon.

anyway, thats all, godbless and goodnight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived