Where's the inspiration?

What are three things that have been inspiring to you lately as far as art goes? art being graffiti, canvas, blackbook, music, web design, interior decorating, anything, everything.

For me it's been:

a.) listening to Bright Eyes. This CD makes me feel so god damn depressed that I actually feel like I have a reason to create something that means something rather than just nonsense to occupy time.

b.) The new issue of Juxtapoz. A lot of different artists to flip through. Seeing a group of someone's work and noticing the little things that make it unique and personal has made me really want to work at my own style. Doing things a certain way everytime that makes my art a signature style.

c.) Getting ready to move into and decorate a really nice house. It has a full, unfinished basement that is just asking to be covered with paint. I've had so many idea's of things I want to put down there it's unreal. Also, it's full of nothing but off white walls, I keep imagining the different canvases I could do or artists I could buy to hang up.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmm..

in no series of order, yet listed in numbers.

1) movies.. i watch tons of movies and get inspiration from that.

2) ex-girlfriends. just trying to be better than their new bf's.. fuck all that love shit.

3)working in a grocery store..

honorable mentions: europe, music [old school orbital], books.

Guest imported_Tesseract

1)Books,not art things(exhibition catalogues etc)

2)scale modeling magazines

3)messin around with materials for no reason

The good part is that everything fades away when inspired.

Bright eyes rock, There is this movie called, The Pillow Book, fucking great movie if anyone has seen it you know what i mean, its about a woman body calligrapher, oh it is fucking amazing. It inspired me graffiti wise and photographic wise. "smiles" great responce, haha

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

a.) listening to Bright Eyes. This CD makes me feel so god damn depressed that I actually feel like I have a reason to create something that means something rather than just nonsense to occupy time.

bright eyes is great. my favorite song by him is 'the calander hung itself' .. which i have yet to find in any strores or on any records.

i just get an idea.. and i start to draw. or i just start to draw and .. in the middle of it i get an idea. thats the way it goes for me.

painting is different though. i usually need to either have a song playing.. or be able to repeat a song in my head that i know really well.yeah.

Archived