The Bristol UK Thread

niso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

a little selection from teh weekend. As you can see from my previous posts I'm not the kind of person that posts whole walls and I'm as biased as they come! If someone else wants to post the rest please do... big up Haka for the mince pie, went down a treat as I was suffering from that well known medical condition Megabus Leg. :lol:

big up the Borstal Bandidos too, having the 'French Baths' with cold tap water and getting fuck-all kip. Everyone please spare a thought this xmas for those writers without hot running water, a donation as little as £2 a week can pay for 20 fake Marlboro Lights from Bali... :lol:

DSCF0059.jpg

BS3 :love4: Home to the greatest football club in the universe.

Bristol Rovers Football Club is the oldest professional football team in Bristol, England.

It was formed in 1883 as The Black Arabs (taking the name the Arabs from a rugby team that played on an adjoining pitch and adding black because of their kit colour), and renamed Bristol Rovers in 1897 after briefly being called Eastville Rovers and Bristol Eastville Rovers. The club joined the Southern League in 1899, and were founder members of the Football League Third Division in 1920. They currently play in Football League Two.

The team traditionally draws its support from north and east Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Its colours are blue and white quartered shirts, white shorts and blue socks. Away colours for the season 2002/03 were black shirts with a diagonal gold sash and black shorts - reflecting the original Black Arab kit of 1883. This marked the club's 120 year existence.

The club's official nickname is "The Pirates" - reflecting the maritime history of Bristol. A pirate features on both the club badge and the badge of the supporters club. The local nickname of the club is "The Gas", (from the gasworks next to the old Eastville Stadium) hence Rovers fans are known as "Gasheads".

The song which is synonymous with Rovers - sung by fans in support of (and often commiseration with!) the team is "Goodnight Irene", originally popularised by Leadbelly.

You know your loco is only teasing Robins fans! :haha:

Archived