The Bristol UK Thread

niso

I'm excited by it, its about time we had some trains with a proper livery not huge fucking adverts for Bristol down the side. I cut my teeth as a writer doing insides on the old Wessex pushbuttons - this is when they were half dark blue, half white, and had a light blue horizontal stripe down the side. The insides of the doors were an orange/tan colour and they stained a treat. Obviously I never took photos and I can't imagine many writers saw my efforts cos bombing in the westcountry was more low key five years ago.

And all this talk of pacers - theres one out there somewhere with a N*ma scratch tag on one of its windows, been there for a good 4 years now. Keep your eyes peeled. Random as fuck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the bristol thread is quality!!!

good pics and good banter, no moody jumped up willies being rude and mouthy

megatrain sounds heavy! fuck paying through the nose to get down there. my megabus is always full of loud jamaican women, id rather have the students mate!!!

Originally posted by noel-edmonds+Apr 4 2006, 10:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noel-edmonds - Apr 4 2006, 10:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha just wondered if they had a massive picture of that pie faced, yellow hatted, ticketmans on em! that would be gay...

[/b]

That would be sick! :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-nocomprende@Apr 4 2006, 10:58 AM

the bristol thread is quality!!!

good pics and good banter, no moody jumped up willies being rude and mouthy

megatrain sounds heavy! fuck paying through the nose to get down there. my megabus is always full of loud jamaican women, id rather have the students mate!!!

Funnily enough its always worse going from London to Bristol. Yeah I know about the noisy Jamaican women, and rowdy Somalian yoots too. The worst time was when I sat at the back (standard) behind some French family. The kids were well noisy and annoying, the dad was a proper oddball and to top it all off they fell asleep halfway through the journey and started farting in their sleep. :yuck:

hahahaha, its all about just chillin it in first class! when ticket man comes through pretent to be asleep, there was some propper posh family having a full pelt breakfast and reading the times all the way to london, they werent impressed by my 'garms' or that fact that i kept taking flicks out the window!

:rolleyes:

oh yeh, thats a shame about the First/Wessex takeover thing, first are proper chiefmans! i heard fares are set to go up cuz the council heavily subsidized the wessex service, but they cant afford to do it anymore, still, cant really complain, fare dodging skum like we dont get a say in who runs the service, just think its a shame.

bastard first taking over bristol transport fi real, rip badgerline... boycott the busses, bump the trains! braaaap! haha.

(Reckon they'll change the local line train from the classic squeaky little yellow job to some next train? 'time will tell...')

Fares have actually gone down by an average of 50p/quid for some reason. First have also abolished the £10 penalty for bunkers, if you get caught they kick you off the train at the next stop. That might sound harsh to some of you but trust me its not! Put it this way I ain't buying a ticket on a weekday as long as that policy is in place. I was caught trying to jib it yesterday and was ordered to "leave the service" at W****n if I "promise to tell the station staff that you understand you can't travel without a ticket" hahaha jesus christ that was pure comedy I tried not to burst out laughing when she said that. Compare it to the £100 fine a friend of mine got for bunking in London recently and its like a writers paradise now.

yeh first are fuking things up, theyve sacked all the old staff, put wack stickers over all the wessex logos on the platforms, and the train was ten minits late the other day, then the woman made some gay comment about remaining seated as we travelled through the tunnel, then they asked me to pay for a ticket, so i gave it a "child single to temple meads please" she seen me provisional in my wallet, went nuts ranting about a £300 fine and 3months in jail, we just laughed in her face, told her that we'd run off the train if they tried aprehending us.. bitch. Shes gunna get some abuse in the coming weeks... :D :mad:

yea great story, tho to be honest i doubt anyone on here really gives a fuck if you couldnt get child fare. and might i ask what all this shit to do with ticket inspectors really has to do with graff...fuck all, trying to sound like u got tip off knowledge or something when all it really is regurgitated info from the first great western site etc which holds no real importance. benderrrrrrrrrrrrrs

on with the flicksss

2 much banter we need sum mo flicks on here. and some1 please start lining out dat nlb bullshit

haha yeh truesay that nlb is straight wak. I think the reason for all the banter is everyone has just changed 12oz name and aint sure who is who... :rolleyes:

i'll upload tonight...

i dont have a camera at the moment' date=' but if all u wanna do is chat boring shit then do it on a spotters site, or at least make it have some relevence[/quote']

You're right, bunking trains has nothing to do with graf. :rolleyes:

First have made some great changes, I found out first hand at the weekend, but funnily enough I don't expect my own crew to come on the internet for info so I will not share it with everyone. The irony of you coming online for flicks Jason is funny cos the internet has even less to do with graf than jibbing train fares! Lazy toy cunt.

haha that build is heavy... There was an article about it on the front page of the e.post a while ago, going on chaf about it:

NEIGHBOURS FUME AT GRAFFITI SITE HOLD-UP

1 reader has commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

11:00 - 23 March 2006

Residents and businesses near a graffiti-ridden eyesore on a high-profile street have urged developers to get on with redeveloping the property.

The building, at the junction of Jacob's Wells Road and Clifton Triangle, used to be the Steiner Waldorf School but has been out of use since the school moved to Cotham in 1999. Now vandals have covered it in graffiti and people who live and work in the area are frustrated that, in the two years since a planning application was submitted to the city council, no work has been done on the site.

But Berkeley Square-based developers Ashfield Land, who are in charge of the site, say their plans to put up 32,000 sq ft of offices have run into unforeseen complications.

The application is still waiting to go to the city council's planning committee but the company's managing director hopes work will be able to begin by mid-summer.

The work is part of a complete overhaul of the area, which includes the redevelopment into flats of the old Grade I listed Pro-Cathedral at the back of the site.

Martin Palmer, who manages Spanish restaurant La Tasca at the top of Clifton Triangle, said he was keen for work to begin. He said: "It's pretty ugly at the moment - a real eyesore - and it's hardly giving a great ambience to the area, the restaurant or the offices upstairs.

"It's the first thing that people see when they drive around the corner on what is the main route from the city centre into Clifton.

"I doubt it's actually affecting our sales very much but it's not the greatest thing to have sitting next to your restaurant.

"Obviously it used to be quite a pretty building but now it just looks like it's full of rubbish.

"It's the only building in the whole of the vicinity which isn't being used for something beneficial to the area and I'd like to see it revamped and tidied up as soon as possible."

Eventually, the site will be known as St Catherine's Court and will contain a mixture of office space, available to a single occupier or for floor-by-floor lets, and car parking space.

Andrew Fisher, managing director for Ashfield Land, said: "Of course we are concerned about the state of the building but these things take a while to get sorted out and there have been a lot of complications.

"We have had some awful problems with security but it's very hard to stop people doing these kinds of things.

"We very much hope that we are now pushing towards a start on the site as early as we possibly can for an exciting new development in Clifton."

Its also a great place to stove chairs through windows! :D

Archived