kit cars

OptimusPrime

i think im gonna cop me one of these joints they're mad nice(plus i just got a raise).

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/Pictures/3183-1.jpg'> $38,000

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/Pictures/2960-1.gif'> $55,000

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/Pictures/2778-1.jpg'> $22,000

these kit cars are fresh as hell, it'll be fun to have one. i think its gonna be the ferrari though. you can also cop hummers and old ass ride kits too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

It's easy

They're not the sick ass cars, you're just some fool with a pontiac fiero who wishes it was a ferrari.

This is a good way to get people to laugh at you, or get lots of "cool car man" comments from people who don't know shit anyways.

how many cats you know got enough cheese for an authentic?

none. i rest my case.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i've toyed with the idea of getting a kit for the shelby cobra... but even that's a little lame...

I don't think so... I've been thinking of it for a few year myself...

I do know several people who own the real deal Cobras and I've met literally hunders of Cobra owners... I've even driven a few... Apart from the extreme cost and value of the cars (which if I owned an original it would sit in a trailer)... They just aren't comfortable for a man as tall as me. All I need is like 3 or 4 more inches of leg room but I wouldn't hack my original Cobra just to modify the seat rails...

Also, the Ford 289 (which is SO much better, safer and funner than the 427) is also readilly available and is 'original equipment'. Also, the same block as the fuel injected 302 (5.0 liter)... so you have a couple engine options that will both fall right into the hole, and you can update to a modern wiring harness, whatever shocks you want, exhaust package... None of that has to be 'authentic' so it gives you more choices for less money...

One thing I would NOT do is put on the Cobra insignia though, I can only take the perpitration so far... but hell yeah, a kit cobra with the Daytona style removable hard top...

on the other hand... a kit of an '82 Dino is straight wack, you would probably have to grow a big Magnum PI mustache if you drove that car (with it's 6 cylinder japanese powerplant)...

Originally posted by Smart

I do know several people who own the real deal Cobras and I've met literally hunders of Cobra owners... I've even driven a few... Apart from the extreme cost and value of the cars (which if I owned an original it would sit in a trailer)... They just aren't comfortable for a man as tall as me. All I need is like 3 or 4 more inches of leg room but I wouldn't hack my original Cobra just to modify the seat rails...

Also, the Ford 289 (which is SO much better, safer and funner than the 427) is also readilly available and is 'original equipment'. Also, the same block as the fuel injected 302 (5.0 liter)... so you have a couple engine options that will both fall right into the hole, and you can update to a modern wiring harness, whatever shocks you want, exhaust package... None of that has to be 'authentic' so it gives you more choices for less money...

One thing I would NOT do is put on the Cobra insignia though, I can only take the perpitration so far... but hell yeah, a kit cobra with the Daytona style removable hard top...

B]

Alright, that makes some sense, but paying 30G's for a Lambo rip-off and acting like you've got one is just...gay.

Originally posted by Smart

on the other hand... a kit of an '82 Dino is straight wack, you would probably have to grow a big Magnum PI mustache if you drove that car (with it's 6 cylinder japanese powerplant)...

the original cobra and the GT 500 are the 2 cars at the top of my "sexy fucking cars" list... part of it is how they look (which means i wouldn;t give a shit about what was actually under the hood, only what looked to be under it, but the other part is what was actually making em... which is where my love for the GT 500 rather than the GT 350 comes from...

i think this basically defends my original position: if it's an old car it's a different story than a car made in the last 30 or so years... the 32 ford (cheers when) is probably number 3 after the cobras and i would definately consider buying a kit car (i have given up all hope of finding as decent poriginal, and trust i've spent some time looking) but while a newer car may look damn sexy, buying a kit (for the same price that i could get a rather tricked new mini for) is just fucking retarded...

Originally posted by ARCEL

so, does a kit have the same specs and everything as the original ?

a kit is basically a shell that easily bolts to a more easily accesible frame and you can put whatever you want under the hood... hence the guy near my house that owns a "racing porshe" {i spelled that wrong didn;t i?) that spews black smoke and sounds only a little better than the scooters all the eight grade kids ride around here...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by kido

gay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

gay.

quote:

gay.

quote:

gay.

quote:

gay.

exactly.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

the original cobra and the GT 500 are the 2 cars at the top of my "sexy fucking cars" list...

My pops had a 67' GT350 for a few years... The smaller engines made the cars so much more imho. I'm not interested in straight line speed, I like road racing.