At what age...

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 legally, but how come you can die for your country/vote/get an adult sentence(in jail) at 18, but you can't drink a fucking BEER LEGALLY? i think that's bullshit, but personally it all depends on your surroundings as you grow up. some people will be "adults" at a young age, while others will be "adults" at an older age. sometimes people are "kids" all their lives.

Originally posted by 23578

to vote 12

to be injected lethally no age, no death penalty, but since there is one 14 captial, 21 other (not sure if anyplace has this option though)

to smoke should be like 15

to drink 21 at least

when stuff is off limits, it just makes kids more interested in it though.

Man, I would hate to live in a world where you make the rules. 12 to vote, and 21 to drink? What the fuck? That is just ridiculous. Make arguements supporting any of those, please.

I think there are too many factors that go into "adultivity" that come at different times... so I'd have to say somewhere between 14 and 65.

Fuck it, I'll vote for 27, just because it is the farthest down stream.

Guest im not witty

nobody likes you when youre 23. but it sure is nice to make a little money and not be in school anymore. wait, what is this thread about?

Originally posted by When

and getting good life insurance rates

that is if im not dead

when: heavy drinker, smoker, party-goer.

small life insurance? my arse.

Originally posted by suicidebombr

18 legally, but how come you can die for your country/vote/get an adult sentence(in jail) at 18, but you can't drink a fucking BEER LEGALLY? i think that's bullshit, but personally it all depends on your surroundings as you grow up. some people will be "adults" at a young age, while others will be "adults" at an older age. sometimes people are "kids" all their lives.

Exactly my point..

I'd say that you become an adult when you have adult responsibilities dumped on you. Raising a child by yourself, congratulations fun time is over and now you are an adult. I mean i've met kids that are 14 out there hustlin to help pay the rent and bills at their crib. They are grown in my eyes. Legally its 18 but it can come earlier or later depending on various factors.

Originally posted by Coffie Crave

yeah GZ has a real good point people hustlin on the streets is real grown up, :lol:

I dont even know what to say about you. I could make broad accusations about what you have or haven't been through but I think what it boils down to is either lack of intelligence or gross ignorance. I hope everything works out for you in life in a way that not everyone is privy to.

Legally, the "age of majority" is 18, but realistically not too many people are truly adults at that age. I had an exceptionally long "adolescence" that lasted until I enlisted in the Marines at age 26. But that experience rapidly accelerated the onset of "adult" attitudes and responsibilities.

In Texas, they changed the law back in 1971 or '72 to permit 18-year-olds to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. It was during the Vietnam War and the idea was "If you are old enough to be drafted and fight for your country, then you are old enough to drink a beer." After a few years, they changed it back, because the drunk driving fatality rate for teenagers and young adults just about tripled. Too bad the kids weren't able to drink responsibly. Now the law is stricter than ever and getting found in possession of alcohol can mean a suspension of your Driver's License if you are under 21.

I didn't care about the law either way, because I drank like a fish before it passed, and used drugs too, and after it passed, I was already over 21. So it didn't really affect me either way.

I think drinking that much and smoking dope had a bad effect on my maturity level. I was way less mature than I should have been, after years of getting fucked up. Looking back on it, I was probably depressed and self-medicating my feelings of abandonment and isolation when my parents' marriage ended in divorce. Or maybe I was just a don't-give-a-fuck stoner with wack political opinions.

Guest Firetruck

I think the older people voted older and the younger voted younger... even at 25 it's easy to look back 3 years and see how immature you were

and looking back 6 years is scary and before that is high school and doesn't count

not really but one of her routine standup shit is on my winamp, i listened to it and it sucked. Then i listened to chris rock. Hes funny

hesl ike

. Each bullet should cost 5000 dollars.

There should be bullet control, that way there will be no more innocent bystanders

Man i will blow your fucking head off!!!!!........... if i could afford it. Im gonna get me a second job and save some money and u a dead man.

hahahahahahhahahaha

black and bigger. its funny

margaret cho is just like stupid compared to him

Archived