i need some help with my camera

FratGuyJoe

here's the problem: the shutter release button on my camera is stuck and i don't have money to take it to a camera repair shop. i'm hoping this is a problem i can fix myself. here's a pic of the camera if it helps. the button is on the upper left of the camera (the middle one).

http://www.bwphoto.co.uk/visual/cameragifs/canon_gifs/canon_tx.gif'>

any suggestions???? i'm all out of ideas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

WHOA! don't shoot wd-40 into your camera casing! Spray a LITTLE on a q-tip...

Has it been acting up? Sticking a little too long lately? If not it's probably jammed and wd-40 might not help... Does it have a screw in place for a remote cable? Try putting a regular screw in it and wiggling that...

i didn't misunderstand, the arm doesn't move (maybe i should have made it clearer). i'm just going to go from shop to shop until someone gives me a resonable price, i may even email canon to see what they have to say. it can never hurt to ask right?

*thanks for the help though

well.. most likely what you have is the result of trying to advance the film before the shutter action was complete... GENTLE pressure on the arm and the screw is probably your only way out without visiting a pro but... you might also do a google search for "AE-1 (or your model) shutter button suck'... you might find others with the same camera and same problem, and maybe save a buck.

i've been trying to loosen the button with the technique smart last mentioned, but nothing. this might be a bigger problem than i thought...or maybe not. the last thing i want for anybody to do is open up my camera. i'm not a very trusting person and human error is always on my mind. next thing you know my camera will probably leak light.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

he probably would have noticed if his shutter was stuck open.

well, I would think so, that's why I didn't mention it... see, the button is a trigger aparatus, after it's triggered, the shutter works independently...

The only thing I can offer as advice for repair... ask around, seriously shop... if you know any pro's ask them... then don't ignore out of state sources, don't be afraid to ask the shops that seem a little daunted for references, you could probably trust that more than soe guy that just pumps you up with 'yes man' answers...

Archived