best old krylon colors

Guest whatthefuck!

Oh and I am looking for your cans of baby blue, hot pink, avocado. I got other discontinued cans to trade for it. Also looking for older paper label cans, or cans with the color names on them. I have plenty of other colors to trade for them, trading 2-3 of my cans for 1 of your cans.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i wan't around that much in the graff scene do to

the fact that i didn't start a writing career until 1997.

And yeah, i heard some stupid shit like that....Krylon going out

of business, or some bullshit like that.

Now a days i buy the new school shit with the 3D 5 balls on the

front of the can. But recently i have been getting connections

to discount prices on old school Krylons cans with tyhe old logo on

them. The two colors i've tried though have been Old Catapiller Yellow

and Terracotta. Overall, i recommend the Terracotta to all

graff artist/bombers/piecers. Very good coverage and the quality of

the color is superb.

-Kwest

Borden took the brand in 65 and made it the classic it is. Only recently are they actually going back to the roots of their color lineup (yes, that's actually what Krylon told me). and no, the company that most people equate with the word 'spray paint' is NOT going anywhere. the reason why old guys honor krylon so much is that it was THE paint for a long time- you used to be able to do anything with it. i still get the glazed-over look from newer writers when they say, "i don't use Krylon for outlines, you can do that??" but some classics are:

Hot Pink (color and thickness)

Slate Blue (great stuff)

Teal Blue (thick like you never heard)

Baby Blue (i still am in shock that it got disconned in 96)

Pastel Aqua (can you possibly lose with this?)

Clover Green/Safety Green (bright and thick)

Ultraflat Black (it was amazing for years, and cinnamon was all you smelt while it covered EVERYTHING.. look for old cans, even 91-99 sherwins)

Jungle Green (aka the hype machine)

Topaz Yellow (thick, muddy yellow)

Avocado (the boldest and one of the darkest avos)

True Blue (i mean the old stuff, shit was THICK!)

Plum/Safety Purple(if you ever get the chance to use a barcode..)

Aqua Turquoise

there's plenty more

oh, and Sherwin Pacific Blue- that shit is insane.

Originally posted by joewelcome

Plum/Safety Purple(if you ever get the chance to use a barcode..)

word shit is really nice.and a fucking ill as color.got the chance to rock a peice with it like a week ago shit came out lovely.....

Originally posted by johndoe

hot pink is still made but in short cut size, still good for forcefields or part of ur fill.

i can only get gold dots and grey dots and some ny fats to work on these cans but the lines are soooooo thin when a cp will work on them its insane.............:eek:

Originally posted by paint junky

c'mon y'all can do better than that... they still make true blue, and its icy grape not purple, and i highly doubt you ever used that shit...

spanish brown

terracotta

aqua turquoise

pastel aqua

jungle

chippewa

brick

bonfire

baby blue

pastel yellow

hot raspberry

mint green

light beige

hot pink

all borden rust magics in general!

and then rusto:

festival green

autumn gold

classic color aa's

indian spice

^^classic borden labels that i remember that were actually good:

-spanish brown

-chippewa

-aqua tirquise

-clover green (this was probably krylons best color ever-i have an old can and it still kicks)

-icy grape - i never saw it in a store but an older writer gave me a quarter can once. i held onto it for years cause i knew it was vintage and by the time i was going to use it it didnt work. now a days i use the paint and save the can.

colors on that list i remember sucking.

pastel yellow sucked

jungle green sucked (thats right i said it.)

pastel aqua sucked

plumb purple sucked

baby blue and hot pink were so so.

i never heard of mint green and hot rapsberry, not saying they dont exist. terracotta was a dope color. pretty thick too

i remember having cascade green, fed saftey purp (rusto) and sandelwood tan along with some old red devils and using them on a wack ass handball court

neo-classic paint:

but yes festival is probably

rustos dopest color next to harbor.

almost all the aa's are good except for that fucking yellow (summersquash i think)

and in fact none of those shits are discontinued.

stores just dont stock them like they used to.

you can call the company and order it.

Zed, some of the american accents are no longer made. Some colors came and went from that line in a matter of a year or two. Some of these colors are Indian Spice, Autumn Gold, Java Brown, Silver. All done away with. I think it was the whole Classic line that is gone now. Joe will correct me if I am wrong.

As far as krylon goes, their was a color called mint green, super rare to the point no one believed it existed till it appeared late last year in an amazing store find. Hot Raspberry is super rare, and you rarely see it, along with Pineapple Yellow. Then you have colors that only one or two cans still exist of, Pennant Blue, Peacock Blue. Super old colors pre Borden like Nile Green, Fire Red, Hyacinth Blue, and so on.

As far as rusto goes, most of their old colors were just renamed, and still pretty easy to use, if not still made. Sandalwood discontinued in 73, but reintroduced in the woodsaver line. A cheap way to use a classic color. Cascade Green and Coral Pink were two hot colors no longer made. And dont forget the Speedy Dry line with Lime, Lavender Blue (Probably the freshest color ever) and Spring Green. And rusto Avocado, boy that shit is nice.

thanks for kicking that knowledge style.

seems you should work at a paint company or manage the paint dept at home depot or something. it was a home depot worker that told me that aa's were not doscont. and that home depot just dosent order it anymore.

a lot of those kry and rusto colors i have never heard of, much less seen.

im not much of a collector, i got a couple of vintage cans but not like some people who are avid collectors. i vaugely remember seeing the speedy dry cans whan i was coming up. but i dont remember any colors.

thanks for kicking that knowledge style.

seems you should work at a paint company or manage the paint dept at home depot or something. it was a home depot worker that told me that aa's were not doscont. and that home depot just dosent order it anymore.

a lot of those kry and rusto colors i have never heard of, much less seen.

im not much of a collector, i got a couple of vintage cans but not like some people who are avid collectors. i vaugely remember seeing the speedy dry cans whan i was coming up. but i dont remember any colors.

• 3 weeks later...

WITH THE GRAFF SCENE EXPANDING OFF THE CHARTS,WHY THE HELL WOULD KRYLON WANT TO CANCELL COLORS? IT JUST DOES'NT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL...BABY BLUE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVE.ALSO SPANISH BROWN*LEATHER BROWN*HOT PINK*TEAL BLUE*AND BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! BRING BACK ALL THEM COLORS YOU LOUSY BASTARDS! WE'RE DEFINATELY THE MAIN REASON KRYLON STAYS AFLOAT...TAKE THAT!

• 4 months later...

dopest thread in ages

dopest thread in ages

good science on those ultra rare cans, slyle.. i know ill be on the loook out

and those speedy dry cans are 2 fucking ill.. way too ill... i know someone slanging 6 packs of the lime green for 75 bones a pop.. kinda pricey in my eyes.. 78's

maybe u need to use a different buyer cause krylon and montana are the shit right now and with the money they making ain't no one about to shut them down....1

oh...15 a can IS fucking crazy...as loyal as some of use are, price shpuld drop to about 7 or 8 bucks a can

you guys are fucking morons. it's 15 a can because that shits for collectors, and the paint is rare / discontinued. you don't buy the can to use the paint, atleast in most cases. it's the same as people who pay 300 for a basketball card.

oh, and if you think 15 is a lot, go look up icey grape on ebay. that shit sells 200 dollars for one can, easily

its not that $15 is outrageous for a can, its the type of can being sold.. maybe you could pull that price for the ingredients label can on there.. but its not mint or full.. unless its a blinging can like an icy grape or a jungle, if its already partially used i consider that can to be a 'user'.. lace a piece with a rare flavor.. but if its a mint can.. its practically a sin to use it

• 6 months later...

Archived