Atmosphere- Se7en's Travels

xwibxonex

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

someone on this board said it before but, it all went downhill after overcast...

this album better be damn good man, i saw him at scribble jam and he didnt play one song off his new albun, he did the same old set ive seen three times.

i heard cats vans bags, that song is pretty sick so maybe this album will change my opinion of atmosphere.

It didnt necessarily go downhill after Overcast. It went in a different direction, Southeast, if you will. Not really 'down' down, but still down none the less. It completely dropped when GLU was released though....

...anyway, Sevens Travels is a weird album. Good beats though. The song Good Times has a great beat. Its really chill, ignore the words and its a great song. Slug still annoys the hell out of me, but its growing on me.

Originally posted by Scrabble

It didnt necessarily go downhill after Overcast. It went in a different direction, Southeast, if you will. Not really 'down' down, but still down none the less. It completely dropped when GLU was released though....

...anyway, Sevens Travels is a weird album. Good beats though. The song Good Times has a great beat. Its really chill, ignore the words and its a great song. Slug still annoys the hell out of me, but its growing on me.

i still liked his other albums but the direction deff. changed, not as hot as it could have been. god loves ugly killed it for him though, thats when all the girls and emo trendy hipsters jumped on the wagon. overcast def was one of the hottest debut albums of any MC.

godlovesugly was painfully mediocre... it had some damn good songs though... hair, shrapnel, fuck you lucy, the bass and the movement, and i liked one two and threemosphere... some of my favorite atmosphere songs though are unreleased ones from around the same time ('say shhh' and 'my songs'... the beats are top notch)

anyway, i'm going to see them in lawrence in october... pick up the vinyl and the cd probably... and see my peoples...

still, the groupies and the emo semen have got to go.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

i like only two songs out of the entire GLU album. the rest i really can't stand. everyones right, it really went downhill after overcast, however i did like Ford 1 & 2--good, but not as good. i pretty much gave up on slug and won't be getting this new one.

at least give it a shot, i believe he went way downhill too but cats vans bags is pretty dope. and it has a really sick beat.

Originally posted by >>>spot<<<

i just hope he got over his girl problems....they can get pretty annoying.glu was awful.

highly doubt it, thats why all his groupies jumped on tha wagon, if he stops rappin bout girls and his problems, then all his girls and emo followers with go away thus making him broke again. dont think hed do that.

there are a few girl songs. I was hoping he would be killing people on this record. He seems to switch it up a bit ever time. Well, i think it would be really refreshing (coming from him) if he got really angry and violent. Because after listening to a soft atmosphere record, im always in the mood for violence. But after listening to Always Come Back Home To You (or something or other) its obvious that if you give him a gun he wouldnt know what the fuck to do with it. Oh well, thats a dope song by the way....