sketches - maero

Mr.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr.

don't expect anything sensational here, but i thought i'd keep my stuff in my own thread... here's one i just did for a girl down the hall, it's her birthday:

http://www.arc-nine.com/gallery/albums/sketches/theresa1.jpg'>

didn't have time to color it. thoughts?

p.s. parts are cropped off because my scanner's not big enough.

i really like the sublte roundness of that arrow on the far left, its not all pointy as fuck, thats hott

Re: slow down

Originally posted by eseLokE1uno

you are getting to far ahead of yourself go for simples

this thug here is right, i have yet to count how many times people have said "go simpler" when you first start, cuz i think ya need too, cuz that one has no structure or anything at all, i like some of the idea's in it, but i think you need to go simper

who said anything about first starting?

people say "go simpler" about almost anything that isn't traditional... although it's good advice fairly often... i don't think it applies here... there's some things i don't like about this piece of course, but i think it turned out well for somewhat of a freestyle...

i think my problem is that i never really do anything twice, so i don't perfect anything... more sketches coming soon... mostly just bored in class stuff though, so probably kind of crappy...

I guess its like, If ouiji or somebody abstracts first peice looked like there newest they would have told em to go simplier, its not necessarily that there te first style doesn't work, its just that in the long run they would be fucked completley. I'd suggest learning the basics and build. Just study letters in general the way they curve cnnect doesn't even have to be graffiti, practice drawing fonts, sans serif, serif all that good shit, because it will really help in the end even straight letters isn't shhit to do with your style. anyways I don't know its strange but it may work. its good at the front but towards the end it changes from what it was. I would like to see a full piece matching style through it colored, prolly some earth tones and have sketiness in it.

thats just my vision though, do whatever you want.

thegood.thebad.theugly.

IT LOOKS ALRIGHT BUT:

.y69-9y6-[uyo]]]: At first, I couldn't make out the letters. Then I saw a H,E,S, and the A. The "A" for some reason is the most obvious. The others are a bit different. I think you should work on that.

dtyidti//[[: I say you should color that piece, then it'll look better.

Those penguins are hot

MELK

At first, when the picture was half loaded, I thought the letters were pure shit, but when it loaded I finally saw the letters..

Here's what i'd like to see,

Your A has a real nice simple style to it, without the extensions. Take off every single extension and just have it purely letters, no arrows, no extra stuff, just letters.

That H is tight as well, just without the extensions.

peace.

• 2 years later...

a couple bored in-class sketches... not my best work, but i haven't been sketching much in the past couple years.

maero7.jpg

maero1.jpg

i don't like this m.

maero2bee.jpg

maero3.jpg

maero4.jpg

maero5.jpg

not finished

maero6.jpg

ugleh.

i'll try to fix the links on the old ones..

• 8 months later...

Archived