Question for american highschool students

fatbastard

Here cliques are divided by race. The blacks and mexicans then there are the white people. I dont know anything about the white people, because they seem to disappear during lunch. They hang out some where else. From what i see the white people are broken down in to preps, punk, emo, and all that. The minorities stick together. And i mean stick together. If one of us were in a fight, it would be a riot. The preps were always getting beat up, its sad.....anyway, theres groups but no pyramid. Maybe this is just my ghetto school.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my school is black and white... with so few latinos, it's scary. the majority of it is black, but since it is a fucking arts highschool, most of everyone is gay anyways. there are about a billion different cliques within the black majority of the poplulation. the whites are in 2 groups: the drug users and the straight edge mother fuckas. and the latinos move in and out between groups. but in total there are only 500 students at my high school, so everyone is aware of eveyone else. and basically everyone knows everyone else... it sucks. :mad:

thank god this is my last year! :scream: :crazy: :cool:

Put this gun to the left side ya head push ya mind right.

I know what youre talking about, but mainly it's private schools that make you participate in extra activities and sports. Public schools dont care about students after 3pm.

i go to an art school, there arent that many people there.. there aren't nerd groups or preppy groups or anything.. when i was in middle school there were groups like that though. all of the preps would hang out in one place, the nerds would hang out in a diff. place, etc. it was pretty stupid..

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

my school everyone is down....everyone drinks,smokes,ditches class to get high.....no one really has beef with easch other unless you hit on there girl or say sum stupid shit

im pretty sure not everyone at your school does these things.

common in every highschool are sluts..lots of them...

my old school had all the cliques though, the rich kids, the kids who wished they were rich, the kids that wished they were poor, the kids that were poor, the kids who were wannabe bangers, the kids who thought they were sophisticated artists, or writers...

whatever all of the typical crap.... I sold crack...

these people all go to white schools.my schools have been 7% white at one and 10% at the other..heres what we have...the nerds..several different groups of taggers,a group of gang members,football players,and punkers...at my school now which is for expelled students its pretty much only taggers,gang members,and punkers...

*edit - missed the page2

I think it depends on the size of the surrounding population.

I mean if there's only one school in town then people will fall

into the groups a little easier than in a larger city with more options.

I mean if you pop owns a car dealership and played on the football team

you probably will be on the team too. There's less room to move around

social circles in small towns. Of course the net has helped people find new

ways to express themselves. So it just means the social rejects can be

goths and the misfits can write graffiti.

its not what they show on tv, but its the same type of deal.. no one will admit to being like the high school kids in the media but pretty much everyone is, just in a different way depending on the school/area.

my school (small artsy school) is basically an offbeat version of the typical public school.. theres cliques etc... well more like the school is one big clique that im not in.. and then theres the people i talk to, which are sort of in it but sort of not.. by that i mean they have the patience to deal with it and find something good out of it, which most of the time i dont.

I'm not in high school

So I can't speak to this question. When I was in high school, over thirty years ago, things were much the same as described above. There were different cliques, the jocks, the cowboys, the hippies/surfers, etc. I went to a very wealthy high school in Houston, that was the high school that served the wealthiest section of town, River Oaks. It was all white when I was a sophmore, but was integrated that year (1966), with minimal friction. I was not from River Oaks, I lived in a part of town that was a working-class suburb called West University (which has since gentrified and become a wealthy area.) My parents paid $18,000 for a home. The last time it sold, it sold for $248,000, or so I heard (from an old neighbor.)

Today, the kids from River Oaks go to private schools. Lamar High School is about one-third each black, white and Latino. When I went there it had a pussy Richie Rich football team that got it's ass kicked in almost every game. Today, Lamar's football team is pretty bad ass. That's cool.

At a high school reunion, they announced they were going to plant a tree and dedicate a bench to former students who had passed away or something. I said "Cool." I brought my shovel. When I got to the cermony, it consisted of a bunch of rich weiners setting up a card table and rolling out the BLUEPRINTS for a tree and bench to be put in place by some construction company.

Fuck that. They were Richie Rich pussy assholes then, and they are still Richie Rich pussy assholes, LOL. Let's go hop trains.

Re: I'm not in high school

Originally posted by KaBar2

At a high school reunion, they announced they were going to plant a tree and dedicate a bench to former students who had passed away or something. I said "Cool." I brought my shovel. When I got to the cermony, it consisted of a bunch of rich weiners setting up a card table and rolling out the BLUEPRINTS for a tree and bench to be put in place by some construction company.

thats pretty funny dude. blueprints? i would have got my shovel and planted my own damn tree.

ok here it is. I go to american high school and the movies are rediculously like it is. There is a huge clicism. Which is all fucking bullshit.

The Football and baseball players are at the top of the piramid. They hate everyone else and dont talk to them because they are scared their friends will find out. Then there are the skaters. Who are below the jocks but not really hated by them. Also there are the stoners. The stoners skaters and jocks like to do drugs and party together. Then there are the goth/poser mall metal heads. Who like slipknot. They are as low as the nerds. There isnt much nerds but no one talks to them. After that there is the loosers. They all want to be popular jocks but they suck so they are the worse outcasts. ALmost all of them have ADD or ADHD. And then there are the Mexicans who arnt even part of the social higherarchy because they speak a different language and dont like to speak english or socialize with the others.

THatss the way my school is I wish i could write i book on American Highschool its very interesting. And yes, most american high schools are pretty close to what they are on tv.

But the real question is, what are highschools like in other countrys?

By the way most of the kids in my school are rich and everyone is from the suburbs. And i know positively that i am the only kid even remotely interested in graffiti at my whole school so a group of taggers seems like a crazy thought to me. What is normal attire for taggers? Hip Hop wear? Also my school only has like 3 black people its pretty fucking lame. Not diverse.

There were groups in my school, but they would all blurr together. For teh most part all the super jocks were in advanced placement classes...which meant they hung out with nerdy smart people sometimes...and the nerdy smart people would hang out with teh nerdy band geeks....who would hang out with the art heads...who would hang out with the emo kids...who hung out with teh hard rock peeps.....and so forth. Most people belonged to at least 2 different groups.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

And i know positively that i am the only kid even remotely interested in graffiti at my whole school so a group of taggers seems like a crazy thought to me. What is normal attire for taggers? Hip Hop wear?

different writers dress different..some where the graffiti shirts and shit but thats mostly toys...and a lot of krews have certain brands they wear..for example ECKrew wears ECKo....a lot wear hip hop clothing and shit...a few skate so they wear skate shit...some look like gangbangers...some just wear jeans and tshirts ..my skools cool cuz theres tons of known writers unlike my old school which was one big tagbanging krew made of mostly toys and a bunch of other toys who no ones heard of....if anything theres TOO many writers in my city...its harder to actually get props..

my school is extremely segregated, but we do have a good amount of diversity(whites,asians(all types of asian nationalities),blacks,latinos,arabics,uhhmm).. white would be the most then asians

my classmates are gpa obsessed and revolve around fakeness and intelligence stuck in a high school book or whatever is taught to them by a robotic teacher

and about 80 percent of the kids smoke and drink

alot of the cliques are very true in my school.. ecko revolution.. abercrombie and fitch revolution.. my school have been demoralized by mtv, but there are some kids whom are not affected

i take a step back and realize all the girls look very similar with their typical straight hair and perky breasts and robotic assigned clothing

Originally posted by Kettiecat

There were groups in my school, but they would all blurr together. For teh most part all the super jocks were in advanced placement classes...which meant they hung out with nerdy smart people sometimes...and the nerdy smart people would hang out with teh nerdy band geeks....who would hang out with the art heads...who would hang out with the emo kids...who hung out with teh hard rock peeps.....and so forth. Most people belonged to at least 2 different groups.

very true.

band.hmm.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

first off. fuck high school.

jocks mix with the fake white wiggerfaces and the slutty drunk preppy rich white girls. the artsy rich girls mix with the small group of wannabe punk rockers we had. most of the Advanced placement kids were involved in lots of school things and hang out together. russians hang out by themselves. computer kids hang out by themselves. cowboys mix with kids that needed attention, getting a group weve called the shupfags. goths hung out together.

but is it like the movies? hell no. jocks didnt rule shit at my school. each group went along and did whatever they want.

i dont see why cliques are so bad. its a group of friends with similiar interests. if there was anyone at my school that shared any of my interests, id be friends with them exclusively. but no one at my school likes the same shit as i do, so i hop around to different groups. and i wont miss any of the kids when i leave.

my high school was a lot like what has mostly been said... there were cliques, but by senior year we all knew each other and the only drama was trifling bullshit.. most of the kids smoked/drank/popped pills and were fucked up most of the time, hence the relative nonexistence of "beef". racewise, it was mostly whites, then blacks, middle easterners, asians, and like 2 latinos. most of them were upper midle class from the suburbs; kids with money hung out together, jocks/preppy sluts hung out together (actually jocks/preppy sluts were mostly rich kids, so... yeah), emo kids/punks hung out, a.p. students stuck together mostly and lived in their world of pointless overtaxing of their brains, and the fubu-wearing "hardt" gangstaz hung out.

the advantage of a clique is that you are with a group of people you like and share common interests with, so this reinforces your personality and prevents you from hanging out with people who are so different from you that you bore each other to death. but it's always fun to get high with someone you don't know ;)

Guest -MOE LESTER-

MY SCHOOL HAS A SHIT LOAD OF BULLSHIT ASS CLIQUES..HERES THE BREAKDOWN

JOCKS- MOSTLY WHITES, SOME BLACKS AND MEXICANS, THEY ALL ACT LIKE THEY ARE HARD AND SHIT, BUT THEY ARE REALLY ALL FAGS WHO JUST DRINK ALOT AND TALK ABOUT SPORTS AND SEX

THUGS/WANNABETHUGS- MOSTLY MEXICANS AND BLACKS, SOME HAVE DIRT ON THEM AND DO DIRT, BUT MOST ARE JUST FAGS WHO MAYBE PULLED LICKS ONCE AND ACT LIKE THEY HARD ASS THUGS BECAUSE OF IT

RICH WHITE KIDS- ALL HANG OUT IN THE RICH NEIGHBORHOODS AND WEAR AF, FAGGOTS, I HATE THESE KIDS, ALWAYS HAPPY GO LUCKY CUS THEY RICH...FUCK THESE KIDS...I HATE THEM...MOSTLY WHITE GIRLS AND SOME WHITE JOCKS

ASIAN COMPUTER NERDS- MOSTLY CHINESE, NEVER DRINK, SMOKE, ETC...JUST DO DUMB SHIT LIKE PLAY COMPUTER AND GO TO THE MALL

HIPHOP KIDS- MOSTLY FAGS WHO ARE INTO "THE 4 ELEMENTS", ALL BUMP SHITTY COMMERCIAL HIPHOP...MOST ARE FILIPINO OR ASIAN

PUNKS- KIDS WHO DRESS WEIRD IN BLACK CLOTHES, DO LOTS OF DRINKING AND DRUGS..I LIKE THESE KIDS CUS I MAKE MONEY OF THEM AND THEY FUN TO KICK IT WITH SOMETIMES

HOES- ALMOST HALF THE GIRLS IN MY SCHOOL, DIFFERENT RACES AND STYLES, BUT ALL DICK RIDE THE JOCKS AND SHIT, GET FUCKED ALOT, GET DRUNK ALOT, DONT REALLY HAVE A PLACE, JUST FOLLOW THE JOCKS AROUND AND GET FUCKED

DORKS- ALL THE FUCKERS WHO STUDY HARD AND ARE ONLY CONCERNED WITH THEIR FUTURES AND SHIT...FUCK THEM

as for me...im an anti social pothead/drug user...i dont really talk to anyone at my school i just go there, come home and kick it with the neighborhood kids

HIGH SCHOOL IS GAY AS FUCK...I HATE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS..I WANT TO FUCKING LEAVE BUT I GOTTA GRADUATE FIRST DAMMIT ONE MORE YEAR THEN IM FREE

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by suburbian bum

But the real question is, what are highschools like in other countrys?

Agreed, and i think rage covered this already...people are people. Add each countries standards of cool and you got a whole new popularity contest. Kilo is on point to, schools in small cities suck.

Archived