volkswagens are iller than you. FACE.

Tyler Durden

seeks

after talking with the vw mechanic, and some people who have driven vw's forever i heard that in order to keep your engine in peak running order you should only deal with vw parts & mechanics... and i'm pretty sure i saw a website a few months back that was talking about vw stage 1, 2, and 3 turbo chargers...

i think stage 1 was for all the mk1 vw's and so forth...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stage 1, 2 and or 3 is the level of hp/tuning the car will recieve. it's not to be confused with mk 1 thru 4 as those are the body style changes since the first model was released.

this looks like it's gonna be pricey but it's certainly peaking my interest:

equal length tubular manifold looks bling bling.

supposed 270hp to the wheels.

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/FD/CE/22512893-c826-028001E0-.jpg'>

that's the golf 5 not the gti. i'm sure the gti will have much more aggresive styling and options.

have you seen the evo or the wrx? they're as ugly as shit but who the fuck cares when 4 grand will have you whoopin a 90 thousand dollar porsche.

Originally posted by johnny

stage 1, 2 and or 3 is the level of hp/tuning the car will recieve. it's not to be confused with mk 1 thru 4 as those are the body style changes since the first model was released.

ummmmm how much would that cost?

as i understand it, the golf, gti and jetta will all be shariing that same front end. booooo.

the thing with the wrx, isnt that it looks 'cool' or stylish exactly, its that it doesnt look like a piece of shit domestic cookie cutter car, ala ford focus.

Originally posted by seeking

as i understand it, the golf, gti and jetta will all be shariing that same front end. booooo.

the thing with the wrx, isnt that it looks 'cool' or stylish exactly, its that it doesnt look like a piece of shit domestic cookie cutter car, ala ford focus.

i think teh new sti looks pimpin as hell. if only they would finance me.

the numbers aren't out for that kit yet. software's going to be the biggest selling point for it anyway. mk4 vw's are all drive by wire so unless you've got a dyno and loot for standalone engine management you'd better like to tinker trying to get an aftermarket turbo running on stock turbo software.

Originally posted by seeking

dude, fuck the bike rack, whats up wiht that faggot ass bird feeder?!

yeah........that bird feeder is screaming "flamer". haha.

thule racks are ill. i had some shit trunk rack on my old car and it DESTROYED the shit out of it....well...that and the bikes. if i get any sort of rack now itll definetly be a thule roof deal.

how much did you pay for your rack/sled setup? because i heard the sleds are pretty expensive for some reason.

You know, when you buy a house... you buy the whole house. Bird feeder and all. The asshole who owned this place before me cemented that thing into the ground. So it's going to be there till my father-in-law and I can get at it.

Tyler... The rack was actually pretty inexpensive. I bought a Yakima set of towers and bars for the initial set-up. Then I went with Rocky Mountain trays because they're just as good but about half the price of Yakima or Thule trays. And the fairing is about $40 but well worth it. Trust me. One drive on the highway without one and all you hear is a loud whistle.

If it you don't mind used, look for a local retail rack spot that carries used pieces. MOre often than not you can find nice towers for really cheap. All because some bone head had to have the newest 2004 towers when his 2003's were just fine. There's geeks out there... take advantage of them.

Window tint question... How do yo uknow who to go to? How do you know that your shit isn't going to bubble up in two months? Is there a certain 'certified' kind of window tinting that I should look for? I'm old and not in the know but I've been told that it's one of my chores for the summer... tint the windows of the car. And get rid of the bird feeders. That's right... there's another one.

most tint places worth a damn, should have some warranty against bubbling. if there isnt any that you pass on your daily drives/rides, id just go to the phonebook and pick the one with the best ad, then call em up.

then id see if they could attach a trailer hitch. about 15 feet of decent chain, around that pole, and a nice good start outa first and you should have her down.

if not, strip off the bird feeder, and put up a 'bat house'. you'll be the envy of all the goths.

they're kind of like bird houses, but less to look at, and they house hundreds of bats. they're dope.

Originally posted by Joker

Here's the car... first one to comment on the bike rack gets herpes.

gaadamn...and I was gonna say...nice fucking rack man.

Tyler...no offense man...but go Yakima over Thule. Round bars kill the square bars hands down. Like Joker said...go Rocky mountain on the trays.

I'm not fond of that front end either. I like the wrx and STi...guess I've been watching too much WRC.

Originally posted by johnny

Nicely engineered for a street application. Looks like a quick spool-up with the equal length tubing.

I'm all about having a seperate dump pipe for the wastegate and straight pipes, though :D

I'm all about loud turbos and flames.

Open wastegates can be annoying on the other hand..

Originally posted by taper

i have a 91 gti g60. i enjoy it. i would also like to sell it tho. any takers?;)

how much?

joker/steve austin, ill look into the yamika racks. thanks.

as far as tinting goes, i was told to get a "chemical wash" sort of tint that entails the place "staining" the windows more or less rather than applying a sheet of tint. i really dont know the first thing about tinting, but whats the deal with this? is it real expensive, and more importantly, worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

BAD ASS ALL WHEEL DRIVE GOLF - http://www.kwsuspensions.com/r32/HPA_R32_TT.wmv

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/r32/HPAR32front.JPG'>

We took our R32 to CA last week for an official Motortrend shake down. Temperature at the California Motor speedway was 110f. We ran a DOT Dunlop street tire, and had pump gas in a full tank. These are standardized requirements for Motortrend.

Here are a few pics I snapped of our car just after the test. The only mods to the cars exterior where the addition of 18x8 BBS RC (my all-time favorite wheel) Hagus mirrors and a larger rear wing. The car sits on KW VI on the front and a special VIII rear drag shock.

With this suspension set-up, we nearly smashed the all-time fastest time through the slalom, but picked up a cone. The clean run that counted was an amazing 71 miles/hour

I maintained the stock R32 brakes, only cross drilling them. I had been so impressed by their performance, I went on a hunch that they would stop this 3600lb car in ample fashion. They did not let me down. (13.1”front…10.1”rear, an absolutely incredible stock set-up. 2piston floating front caliper)

60-0………..107.7 ft wow! ( GT2 Porsche 107ft)

100-0 ……..302ft

We set the fastest 0-30 reordered by Motortrend at 1.01sec

Chris Walton and John Kiewicz of Motortrend were the official drivers.

This car was punished all day and never gave up an inch.

After this, we traveled to Irvine, where we strapped this to Garrets 4 wheel dyno for some “official” numbers.

With air intake temp of 40degrees, we pulled 409 at the wheels ( 575crank) and with air intake at 60plus, we pulled 395 at the wheels (545crank). Everyone was truly impressed. A copy of the dyno sheets will be posted on our web along with all official results within the next 10days.

GUYS, this R32 in stock trim is a HARDCORE machine and virtually bullet proof! We are working on a more affordable 400 hp kit that will offer 4.2 0-60 runs. I am so inspired after this trip. I would love to see everyone smacking the world’s super cars around like this and will concentrate my efforts on reducing the costs of our kits

Archived