WESLEY WILLIS R.I.P

space base

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for the lazy ppl,"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: R.I.P. WESLEY WILLIS"

Dear Friends and fellow Wesleynauts, We are deeply saddened to report that one of our artists, Wesley Willis passed away yesterday, Thursday, August 21st. Wesley will be greatly missed by all that had the privilege to know him, as well as the fans who have been fortunate enough to experience his genius.

Wesley was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) at the end of 2002, and had to undergo emergency surgery on June 2nd to identify the source of, and to suppress internal bleeding. It is not clear if this bleeding was related to his leukemia or not, and the exact cause of death is still unknown. Wesley had been recovering at a Hospice in Illinois, and since the surgery his health had declined.

His songs were simultaneously disturbing, hilarious, blunt, and intoxicating. Wesley's sheer excitement and unaffected honesty about every cultural phenomenon, defined his music as truly individual, and truly punk rock. Wesley released well over 50 albums - 3 of which are on Alternative Tentacles, and a 4th, entitled, Wesley Willis Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (LP/CD) had already been scheduled for release in October of this year.

I wrote this song in tribute to him.

This man was awsome.

About 53743000 people went to his shows.

His jam sessions were awsome.

HE whipped a hippos ass.

Wesly willis,

wesly willis

Wesly WILLLIS

Wesly Willis

He played the stage.

He got down as he stormed the stage.

The crowd roared like a sea monster.

His rock sessions whipped a bulldogs ass.

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

His music was awsome

After his show a lot of people got to meet the man.

The JAM session was a sucess.

It was a great show at last!

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

Wesly Willis.

Rock over london

Rock on Chicago.

With Allstate you're in good hands.

R.I.P. WESLEY WILLIS

Im not sure if this has been covered, but i just recentley learned of his death. anyone who has ever heard his music knows that we have lost a unique talent. he was 40 years old.

I didnt want to put this in the heavens thread because its not graff related.

rock over london, rock on chicago. wheaties: breakfast of champions.

Archived