volunteering abroad questions

Bloc131

in the somewhat near future i'd like to go to another country (or a few) and do some volunteer work. maybe see how they really live and get to know the people instead of just being a tourist on some crazy schedule.

does anyone have suggestions for going about this? i've looked at a few lesser-known volunteering programs but i'm not sure how solid their reputation is. i'd like something that wasn't super super expensive if possible. but yeah that's probably out of the question.

peace corps isn't an option considering i'm not out of college. but yeah any help would be nice. i know a few of you are quite well travelled.

thank you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

actually my friend from emory college just got back from doin work in brazil. she said it was actually pretty easy to do. she had to write a mission statement type shit. just ask around at your school, she said there was someone specific to talk to but it just slipped my mind. ill ask her and edit this later if i can. hope that was some help..:idea:

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Couldn't you talk to someone at your college? I'm sure they have loads of info.....

things i neglected to mention:

- i'm not in college right now. not this semester.

- i'll only be going to community/junior college.

- i'll only be taking a few classes. not full time. mainly photography type classes.

Archived