explain to me why modest mouse is in a nissan commercial??

mental invalid

guys, its fucking hypocrisy.....you cant cut it any other way, nor make up any other excuse.....

you cant be modest mouse in the essence they were, and sell a song to nissan for a minivan......

ugh this whole shit is just gross....besides kissing the devil will give you wrinkles....

oh well another one bites the dust......

disillusionment is my number one friend.........

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mental invalid

giving tree thats split between the band and everyone that worked on the record....

you do that math.......

sell your soul after all the cuts and taxes for a few thousand bucks...

they are getting paid alot more that 50 g's i would think, .. they have huge budgetsps to do these commercials.... why do you think all these other bands that i wouldn't have thought would sold music to a corp have..like black eyed peas, rjd2....

they will also get much more exposure and album sales thru this..

i may even hear them now...and might dig it... i have no clue who modest mouse is...

its a business for them now... you got to secure your future while you can.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by nomadawhat

you got to secure your future while you can.

Yes, if you work in a bank..or something like that..noone blames john doe for milking it..however these people are suposed to stand up for something.

with the way people listen to music today.. its a completely throw away product.

so i guess if you have the opportunity to get your money while its good.. shit... why not.

im not as passionate about modest mouse as you are roe.. but you know it always weirds me out when i hear things like RJD2 and dj shadow on commercials.

but im also surprised youre not upset hearing more obscure artists as background music for shows that sell products... like most of the programming on mtv.. ..

its odd where you draw the line.

its not ok for them to sell cars

but its ok for them to sell a MTV Real World lifestyle >?

im not saying this as fact just kind of playing both sides of the fence.. maybe i just like straddling fences...

"however these people are suposed to stand up for something"

thats what i thought myself tess.....

and al.....please homie, dont get me going.....your gonna cause an overload in my senses if we start opening up pandoras box...

which i heard she sold to mcdonalds for 1,000....they wanted to use it for their happy meals...

i cant rant about those too...i was just trying not to explode....but if you werent sure, well let me state for the record, fuck the leeches at mtv too...you mentioned music as a throw away product....and the thought sucks the wind outta me...and i think much of it has to do with MTV

oh yeah and since when does a no name band like modest mouse get alot of money.....dont you guys see it man.....they pick these bands because of their low profile....they dont have to pay what gap did for missy elliot and madonna.....

Guest imported_Tesseract

your gonna cause an overload in my senses if we start opening up pandoras box...

which i heard she sold to mcdonalds for 1,000....they wanted to use it for their happy meals...

HAHAHHAA, thats just to good!

Anyway, i remember the thread on espo doin shit for CK..i dunno man, no matter the plus's and the minus's, when you're a nobody alterantive underground whatever you only mean something as long as you dont play by their rules.

im not sure pedro.....

but i do know this, im gonna get fucking drunk tonite and play fugazi until my ears bleed........

and for the record, im 28....just so no one thinks im some little idealistic 17 year old (god bless em and keep the faith kids) who hasnt experienced rents, bills, creditors, loans and all that other "real" life bullshit....

Guest T E A S E R

i dont understand, and never will understand why people dislike music artists for supposively "selling out" or going "mainstream" or whatever else you want to call it.

The only reason you should dislike a band or group or whatever that you liked before is if their music starts to suck. how they pay the bills or make money with there talent shouldnt be an issue.

i understand your point about taking art seriously and whatever, but the whole point of making music is to enjoy it first off, make money, and reach as many people as you can with your music.

otherwise people would just play in their garage for their own personal benefit.

i get so aggrivated when people complain about this stuff, it really makes no sense to me how people dont seem to understand this stuff.

i quit posting in ch 0, but i've gotta come back for this thread

my friends noticed it in a commercial and described it to me because they couldn't remember the name.. i told em it was gravity rides everything. i think it's kind of cool that they're in a commercial.

nick drake was in a commercial too

i don't think it lowers the value of either at all

it's cool to hear good music on car commercials nearly always

i just wanna clarify something that tease brought up....

this has nothing to do with a band being big and selling albums, or going mainstream....

there are plenty of mainstream bands that i like, and lets face the facts, if the music is good enuff then people will buy it...

bands need money to make the music we all love, they need to sell cds, tour, and do all the interviews and PR stuff...and if they blow up, well they blew up cause they deserved it....hopefully you got to catch em at a small club....

i know this......

but you can not be cowboy dan in a minivan.......sorry kids it just doesnt work that way.....

Guest T E A S E R

but you can not be cowboy dan in a minivan.......sorry kids it just doesnt work that way.....

so where they dressed up and dancing in the mini van or what? i havent seen the commercial...

if that was the case i could understand where youre coming from...

Guest T E A S E R
Originally posted by beardo

tease (shouldnt you be banned?) its that the message of their music contradicts the act of selling it to someone to be used in a commercial

come on beardo, chill with that banned shit ok? lets act our age...

and im not going to say any more in here, i have no idea about this band, fuck it b.

neil said it best

Neil Young

THIS NOTE'S FOR YOU

Don't want no cash

Don't need no money

Ain't got no stash

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Pepsi

Ain't singin' for Coke

I don't sing for nobody

Makes me look like a joke

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Miller

Don't sing for Bud

I won't sing for politicians

Ain't singin' for Spuds

This note's for you.

Don't need no cash

Don't want no money

Ain't got no stash

This note's for you.

I've got the real thing

I got the real thing, baby

I got the real thing

Yeah, alright.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: neil said it best

I've got the real thing

I got the real thing, baby

I got the real thing

Yeah, alright.

AMEN!

mental... listen to ugly cassanova instead... its isaac so you still get the feeling that modest mouse gives to you... musically and lyrically... and they havent sold any songs to major corps. i am looking at it as a "loophole"

what do i know... i am listening to Iron Maiden on repeat right now.