BEARDO!!!

mental invalid

DOOD!

youre the source on this, whats the fucking deal man!

tell me this is bullshit and we can close this thread......

http://www.local6.com/news/2414796/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A Phish is on the hook for endangering the welfare of a minor after he allegedly tried to take pictures of a young girl inside a deserted boathouse, according to a report.

Mike Gordon, 38, was arrested after being found late at night in a secluded area with a 9-year-old girl. The girl's parents raised an alarm when she disappeared from a backstage area at Jones Beach Theater, WNBC-TV reported. But following private conversations between the band's manager and the child's parents, there's a question about whether the band's bassist will avoid facing that charge.

New York State Park Police say Gordon showed a different side after a concert last week by The Dead. Investigators say Gordon -- who calls himself "Cactus" -- was an invited guest backstage at Jones Beach. He was not invited, they say, to take a 9-year-old girl to an isolated location behind the theater.

"The area is actually like a work area for state employees who operate boats out of that area," said Maj. Richard O'Donnell, of the New York State Park Police. "It's a darkened area, not intended for public access."

O'Donnell, who is the region's commanding officer, would not discuss what the bass player told officers when he was found with the child on a dock. But a police report obtained by WNBC-TV reveals "The defendant stated he wanted to take 'art photos' of the victim."

Police confirm that Gordon has never been convicted of any crime. Law enforcement sources said that after the band member was arrested, he told officers, "I may have shown bad judgment, but I am not a pedophile."

The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. Gordon was held for police by theater security "and the victim's father's associates -- which the police report decribes as other Hell's Angels members.

When responding to a request for an interview, Phish's manager e-mailed a joint statement from Gordon and the child's parents that reads: "It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Both declined to discuss whether the musician is paying compensation.

When asked by WNBC-TV if there was any reasonable explanation for Gordon to have been with the girl at 1:00 AM in a secluded boat house, Maj. O'Donnell of the State Park Police said "I have no explanation for it."

The commander says he "absolutely" stands by the police investigation and has referred the bass player's boathouse rendezvous case to the Nassau County district attorney for prosecution.

The DA's office says the evidence is being evaluated. Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beardo

personally, i think its total horse shit. mike is an extremely weird arty dude (if youve ever read any interviews/lyrics/journal entrys/writing at all, you know what i mean) so i can totally see where he's coming from with this 'art photo' op defense, im sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, but obviously the ramifications werent taken into account.

this is from a user on a phish board, which seems WAY more plausible than the dude being some pedo freak

>>>my sources...my good friend of 7 years...my friends uncle (head of mounted police) & jones beach security guard...friend of friend....

mike was giving everyone under the sun (from adults to kids) rides on his IT segway....silly lil scooter.....the mother of the 9 yr old allowed this to happen.....this "Secluded Boathouse", is neither secluded or a boathouse..there was two normal jones beach secuirty guards there...in case people wanna sneak into the show...(secret entrance).... mike was just taking pictures of the girl on his segway....not good judement , but nothing to get crazy about... ...after ten minutes the girls mother starts freakin out..."were's my daughter"....(mind you the mother was induced with something, eyes bulging, lip biting..typical white trash mom)....mother calls her husband, a hells angel....ten minutes later there are 5 angels making there way through security.....mike is confronted...grabbed by the thoat and on his knees getting kicked at......the VIP security guards got in the middle and explained that mike was a celeb, and was a film maker.....the funniest part is this...the angels wanted to break his segway, so the one secuirty guard put it in his car and its been sitting in wantagh for the last week and a half.....after all of this the daughter explained nothing happended and that was that...long story short...bad judgement, unlucky for mike the girls dad was a druggy/hells angel, a quick rush to judgement, few kicks to the nizzuts... "my bad"....move on....

Guest beardo

yeah. we'll see though. to save some face im sure the DA will still persue the 'wreckless endangerment' nonsense.

im just anxious to see what phish has to say about the whole thing

Guest beardo

cool.... its all blowing over nicely

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../music_phish_dc

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Phish bassist Mike Gordon has been arrested in New York and charged with both endangering the welfare of a child and trespassing in a closed area.

He was arrested Aug. 11 at a concert by the Dead at Jones Beach's Tommy Hilfiger Theater in Wantagh, after police were alerted that a 9-year-old girl was missing. The child was later found with Gordon in a boathouse near the backstage area of the venue, for use by state employees only.

No further details on the arrest have been released. Gordon is due to appear Sept. 29 in First District Court of Nassau County.

A joint statement released by Gordon and the girl's family reads, "We have had several discussions regarding the situation that occurred at Jones Beach. It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Phish recently wrapped its summer tour with It, a weekend-long concert in Maine. The group's fall touring plans have not yet been announced.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i dont know what the hells angels are like out there, but over here they are pretty bad ass. curb stomping initiations and the sort. Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and loathing in las vegas) rode around with them for a while (to study) and they kicked the shit out of him, then he wrote a book about it. im sure the hells angels leader/daddy wants to get some cash out of it.

Originally posted by mental invalid

im lost....

if the parents are cool, then why the fuck does he need to go to court??

because the state brings the charges..the family just reports it.

so its state vs. phish guy, not hells angel family vs. phish guy. so even if the family now feels ok about it the state still pursues to make sure there was no wrong doing.

i'm lost too though, did they say they were at a dead concert, as in grateful dead... huh?

Guest willy.wonka

something smells fishy around here....

i like how the pic makes him look out to be a real pervert and happy about it at the same time.

Archived