Letters

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm sure you all have a shoebox full of letters somewhere stashed, letters from ex's, currents, friends, relatives and so on. I'm also sure that everytime you're in that cleaning my room phase, you all start spending to much time on checking things you find and thought they were lost or just havent encountered them in a long long time. Same goes for flicks, holidays, new year eve's, gatherings, girls, friends...and all the little creepy and wonderfull details you werent able to see back then. Just how fuckin dope is that, browsing your memory is always more enlightining than present, any present.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good call tesseract. this has happened to me on so many different occasions i cant even get started. its fucking scary how tell photographs are....

also every time i clean my room i re-discover the shoe i have that was signed by ross perot:)

wow and i thought i was the only one who did that...

yeah i used to have a shoe box filled with all that shit and one day my mom found it and read some stuff i didnt want her reading so my sister got me a nice wooden box with a lock...it rocks and i always go through it...it weights like 20 pounds now and it always makes me cry cuz its so much sentimental crap

weird.. i moved out not long ago (for the 3rd time !! haha) and found a shoebox full of shit from my school days. among other things was two photos that this chick (who i fell madly in love with when i was 13!) sent me. she took photos of herself in front of all this graff i did in her street saying shit like "i love _____". she was stoked on it !! i still talk to her 11 years on.. :love2:

Originally posted by Tesseract

I'm sure you all have a shoebox full of letters somewhere stashed, letters from ex's, currents, friends, relatives and so on. I'm also sure that everytime you're in that cleaning my room phase, you all start spending to much time on checking things you find and thought they were lost or just havent encountered them in a long long time. Same goes for flicks, holidays, new year eve's, gatherings, girls, friends...and all the little creepy and wonderfull details you werent able to see back then. Just how fuckin dope is that, browsing your memory is always more enlightining than present, any present.

did that yesterday and today....except today i was going to reminiss with some very meaningfull email sent to me by my girlfriend to find they had all been deleted because hotmail is a ho....i was really mad ....but it is great to look back

I'm a fucking pack-rat. Everytime i try to clean my room, i end up keeping all this extra shit that has no real value or importance, but i feel some unexplainable need to keep. :o Then there's the shit you always find ever after you think you've gotten rid of it all. Y'know - shit from the ex you DIDN'T want to keep, but it continues to pop up misteriously everywhere..

Then there's the little treasures! No, not the stash of dried up boogers in the carpet by the side of yer bed; the real treasures, like to today, for example, i stumbled across a full pack of colts AND a full pack of Camels - and i don't even smoke! Plus, i found an Old English Stock 40 in my closet and 2 cans of no-name chrome paint that i never knew i had. Fucking prime!

tesser, good call with this thread.

five months ago i moved to europe from the states. at the same time my parents were moving out of my childhood house. i went up to see them for the weekend.

basically i spent 48 hours straight, no sleep, going through what i needed and what i didnt. i found letters from girls from all the way back to my fifth year of education... amazing, unfortunately i had to throw it all out... didnt feel like traveling across the world with old letters...

all that means is i need to find some new girls break there hearts and have them write me nasty letters again.

I'm a fucking pack-rat.

me too. shit i have over 1000 letters from this one girl i still talk to. the other day she told me she loved me and shit. but i just gotta shake the shit off, i got a girlfriend and shit. i was cleanin my room saturday and i found the osiris box i kept all her letters in. shit, got me all sentimental and shit. it was right next to the box of my first girlfriends stuff. including candy, letters, movie ticket stubs, a rose i preserved with wax, a small care bears pillow on the top that fits perfectly in there, dammit tesseract, you bring back fond memories...........

after a lot of years, my shoebox got a serious cleaning.

i have pretty much all my old mementos from friendships, but all that stuff from exes is gone.

my email account is the future version of the shoebox. i already have emails from a few years ago that i've kept, and also some of those got a serious cleanout recently

in my old age, i don't want to hold onto those memories too tightly, i think i moved past that stuff and no longer wanted a tangible record of it.

plus i moved a bunch of times and everyone knows they lose 25% of their shit (or more) every time they move

and for all those who thought they were alone..ever hear of a hope chest, a photo album or a scrapbook??

Guest --zeSto--

I like arabic letter.

My letters always seem to get mixed up with photos too.

Visual aids always help.

wait... I thought I was retired. ??

Archived